Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Resolved The Network Is Unstable ?

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by Brave-Fan, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brave-Fan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    These days, Justdubsonline is hardly connected night and day.
    Is server busy now ?

2. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I have not been noticing any real instability. For me, the instability I have is due to poor home internet. Other than that, everything seems fine, provided internet speeds are 100 Kb/s. I did notice something odd a while back, in which my Asus Transformer laptop kept signing me out of my JDO profile. I think we would have noticed more fuss if more people were saying this.
    As far as I know, the Staff is doing well in maintaining this site.
    We will wait and see if there are more points to determine your theory.

3. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Your constant log-out issue was likely a problem connected to the browser and its privacy/cookie settings.

@Brave-Fan
    Aside from the occasional outage usually somewhere along the host or CloudFlare itself, it's actually far more connected than sites like MyBB who is constantly under threat of being offline in the wee hours (around 2 - 4 AM) and it's always a CloudFlare message (522 or 523, either one of those). I find it interesting that CloudFlare protected sites are the only ones having these random outage problems and they claim that it's the host. Other sites just load slow if the network is congested, which probably aren't CloudFlare protected.

In the past, it was due to connection limits. For example, a web server with a maximum of 100 simultaneous connections could be served, but the 101st person to simultaneously connect to the web server would have to wait for a connection slot to open up. They have since then upgraded servers and with it, increased the max connection limits (server was discussed here, here, and briefly here).

If the issue you're facing happens again, try to note the error message (along with the time (including the timezone) and date) or capture an image of it, just like in the last thread you created here. @Kiri and @Sporadic might be able to provide more insight to what might be going on between you and the server with the error information you provide.

4. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Additional information would help a lot. I will note though, I do a fair amount of my backups for the site at night CST (normally sometime after I get off work). Once I get my backup scripts working, I'll be able to distribute the backup load throughout the day, so less impact at a certain time.

5. Brave-Fan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Dear Vashnik. Thanks for your advice.
    I reported the problem to the thread I created. Unfortunately, it seems to shows no sign of inprovement( Still it takes about 5~7 minutes until the appearence of site image completly ),I will wait patiently.

6. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I haven't really heard any complaints, nor experienced the issue myself. Pingdom says that the homepage loaded in 4.36 seconds.

[​IMG]

Considering the stuff that loads on the page; rotator images, recent anime images, anything cloudflare related, images on the news posts, logos, css files, etc, 4.36 seconds is a pretty fair loading time.

Does this issue happen more during certain periods of the day? Do you have these issues on other sites?

7. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    Personally have only had issues when we still had a low slot number for the server and had alot of people onsite during peak times and that was a while ago.

8. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    No Issues loading the website on my end either other then an occasional downtime witch I figured its maintenance being done...
    Site loads fast with no issues.

@Brave-Fan
    I am curious what type of browser you are using and when it is slow if you use a different browser does it load any faster?

@Kiri

I feel your pain for system backups :confused: the business I work for only allows me to do maintenance/offline db2 backups on Saturday night from 7:00 PM to 6 AM Sunday backups takes about 5 hours to run since the DB's are so big.... but then complain that I didn't have the system backup at 3:00 AM because they have "Jobs" to run... The pains of trying to be considerate to the business is wearing on me..... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.