Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The Future Diary: Survival game

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Znelson, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Znelson Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The Future Diary is a series about of survival game taking place using diaries. Each user has a unique Diary with different effects and form. The players must use the diaries to kill the other players and win the prize of becoming god.

The series has character whom you see develop and each contestant has unique reasons for wanting to win the game. Yuki at the beginning is a cowardly bystander who prefers to watch than to be in the action. Which of course causes some major character growth as he is throw head first into the action of this game. Yuno is a very well developed character by the end, you learn why she ended up unstable and I personally found myself identifying with her. I felt as though I would've gone insane should I have been subjected to the same circumstances. Yuno is a prime example of a Yandere, so should you enjoy that character type I recommend this anime. The plot seems simple at first but ends up getting more and more complex. My only real complaint is the lack of depth Yuki ends up showing when compared to Yuno.  This is of course my personal opinion.

Overall it is a good series and Should you enjoy yanderes, survival games, with a mix of romance, check out The Future Diaries.

does anyone agree or disagree?

2. Jaysp656 Artificial Intelligence

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I've only seen the first 6 or so episodes, but it definitely looks like an interesting show. I only stopped as the atmosphere was a little too heavy for me at the time and also I knew the dub was going to come out.

3. shane_dalvin Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I haven't watched much anime yet but this is definitely in my top 5 so far. I just kept watching one after another. I think I finished it within 2 or 3 days.

4. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    I didn't mind the future diaries. I'm more of a horror with supernatural twists sort of person and although these had gods in them, these aren't the sort of plots I go for. However, The future diaries seem to be an exception. Yuno is an exact example of a Yaandere and a person NOT and I repeat... DO NOT MESS WITH YUNO... Anyway, this series was really good... It's just the ending is where I got a bit confused for how quickly it changed.

5. Kirbyfan66 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I thought it was okay. I liked Yuno, and I enjoy Battle Royale style stories, but a lot of the diary holders didn't get a lot of development. I didn't like the main character (grr I forget his name), and yeah, it got really weird towards the end. It was a fun watch overall though, worth it for Akise if nothing else.

6. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Main character... isn't that Yuki?

7. Paladine321 Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I think you mean....