Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Notice The @ Function and why you should use it

Discussion in 'Information & Updates' started by JustAdmin, May 11, 2013.

1. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    " The only person I know that would @themselt would be sayWut. (hehe) "

@Hikikomori
    go on :p

2. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I noticed a problem where if you quote a mention it recognizes that as a new mention. Twice already I've mentioned myself while quoting someone that mentioned me. It's easy enough to get around (Just delete the at) but figured I should mention it.

3. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I was the first to bring that up Meta but I don't think people knew what I was trying to say at the time... >.>

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I was the first to bring that up Meta

5. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I did something funny with the @ feature and is unsure of the consequence. See I posted a reply using @ on the wrong thread (completely my fault lol) and went on to edit it out. Makes me wonder...does it still show that you were mentioned? Probably not, just random rumblings from a lunatic don't mind me.

Really like this feature btw. Just got to remember to put the @. (in the right thread lol)

6. JustAdmin Root

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    I did something funny with the @ feature and is unsure of the consequence. See I posted a reply using @ on the wrong thread (completely my fault lol) and went on to edit it out. Makes me wonder…does it still show that you were mentioned? Probably not, just random rumblings from a lunatic don’t mind me. Really like this feature btw. Just got to remember to put the @. (in the right thread lol)

@natsuru-san

@doomguy

I imagine it would send the message that you mentioned the person you were directing @ to upon posting, I don't think there is anyway around this, or quoting a post with @ in. The problem lies in wordpress. The quote function is a separate plugin that has nothing to do with buddypress which creates the @ function so it doesn't bear in mind any @ in the posts as it was designed for bbpress (the forums software). It's one of the flaws with wordpress most functions are not designed with all plugins in mind.