Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

THE BREAKER

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Metazoxan, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    THE BREAKER
    [​IMG]
    The new English teacher, Chun-Woo, is not your ordinary teacher. Shioon, a victim of constant bullying, unexpectedly witnesses Chun-Woo's fighting power, and begs him to make him his disciple. Chun-Woo claims he can teach Shioon only if he is truly determined, and Shioon must jump off a bridge into a deep river in order to prove it! It turns out, however, that Chun-Woo and his powers are more than meets the eye. Shioon makes a grand entrance into the hidden world of martial arts, and he is about to be taught by the best there is!
    This manga is 72 chapters long but to keep things easier to read does 5 chapters a week sound good? Reading will start officially this weekend. I decided to hold off until then so that people just starting school have some time to deal with that first.

2. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Just to let you know, I'm not getting "@" notification. I don't know if it's just me or if there's a bug in that function.

3. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
  4. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
  5. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I'll have to talk to Spor about this.

6. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Meta
    Yeah, I keep forgetting to tell :p but I remember someone else had the same problem so I'm sure he is aware of it but I could be wrong.

7. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
  8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    All clear on my end.

9. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yep, it works for me too

10. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    Natsuru-san was the one who had the issue with not receiving the @ posts. Some information that might help. If you are using another device other then a PC or laptop and sign in. It reads as you receiving your alerts. So when you do log onto your PC or laptop the alerts are no longer visible. I tested this today, when I signed on with my phone, I didn't check my alerts but checked the thread I was wanting to check. So when I got home there were other posts but no alerts cause I was still being read as online via phone. You will receive 1 alert per tag or per thread posts. you have to click on the alerts to view them all. The alert system does state " **insert said thread post** had been replied to there might be other replies check thread for further detail" (something to those lines) @ tags show once, if say you click on your alert but dont check the tag and check something else it reads as you checking everything. Which I believe is why some people are missing their tags. Last week I had the same situation but when I clicked the alert I realized it was there but I didn't see it or click on it to check it out. Hopefully this will clear up the confusion. Best advice I can give is just keep checking your alert section on the top and make sure you check them all in case you missed any. hope this helps :)

11. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the mention an alert system clearly need some improvements. For one thing they shouldn't stop sending them if you don't respond to each one they should stop sending them if you tell the system to stop for that thread.

12. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Well that doesn't really apply to me since I never used my phone to go on the forum due to the fact that it sucked (my phone, not the forum) until today (since I got a new phone :) ). The first thing I do Everytime load the forum is check my alerts, when I get some. Either way I still check the threads I'm following just in case but from now on I'll pay more attention to the alerts and open them all.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Just say when it starts and I will try my best to read some chapters!

14. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I guess we'll do 4 chapters a week starting this weekend. I'd like to do more because if we only go for about a month we won't get through much of the manga at only 4 chapters a week but I don't want to give people too much to read each week. Maybe I should make the event at least 2 months long instead of 1 just so we can get farther before doing another vote.

15. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Damn, with all this "@" system problem/trouble shooting I completely forgot about the discussion thread lol, I'll try to read it tomorrow or over the weekend.

16. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ch1-4 discussion
    Ok well excuse my lateness. Well what can I say, the MC is a wimp, the teacher is a womanizer and ....... hmmm...... nope thats it lol jk but seriously that kid is a wimp. He doesn't even try to fight back or nothing and when he wants to kill himself he backs down. Also, he's actually thinking of handing over that girl, thats just being spineless. The teacher took me by surprise, I did not expect him to be such a goof/womanizer in the beginning (I was expecting the quite type lol) but as soon as he gets serious, he looks like a completely different person. Other than that, nothing really interesting happened apart from seeing some of the teachers abilities.

Also, sorry for using nouns instead of the actual names, not very good at remembering Korean names lol

17. ReiAyanamies Guro Queen.

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Chapter 1-4:
    It was already said, but yeah the MC is a bit of a wimp, BUT I feel this is going to change soon. As soon as the teacher was introduced I had a feeling he was going to be a bit of comedic relief. But I had no idea that he'd be a womanizer. I wonder what is going to happen with the MC and the girl that keeps asking if he's been fighting (dense girl if I say so myself) not looking for a relationship to develop but hoping maybe she has something to do with helping him possibly become tougher.

18. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I've been letting this sit. I've been dealing with computer issues on an off for the past couple weeks and even sent it in for a couple days twice. I've been able to visit the forums to post a bit but I didn't have time for everything.

Well on the bright side in manga like this wimpy MC like that always rise to the occasion in the end. But anyway I like the teacher because he's smart but not just some wise old guy. He's the kind of guy who can make plenty of mistakes himself which his student may have to try to save him from because it's interesting when teachers learn from their students as well.

19. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I don't mind the comic relief but the womanizer part seems a bit out of place for me, unless it leads to more comic relief then I'm all for it lol I think that its too early to tell how she affect the MC in the future since she's barely shown up. I do wonder why she seems very interested in him....

Yeah, thats what I figured but I always hate when they're that big of a wimp. Oh I'm sure his teacher will get into a lot of trouble in the future lol.

20. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    True but at least it gives them room to grow. I also hate the wimpiness but it does make it so satisfying when they finally man up and kick ass. So just suffer through it for now....unless they remain wimpy in which case there is nothing but pain and disappointment.:p