Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The Anime Cafe: General Discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Natsu, May 6, 2013.

1. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hikikomori wrote:
    I’m the DTR Ambassador for this group, which in turn makes me the only member here that can “stand toe-to-toe” with Knight.

When in doubt, make up a position to garner authority. [​IMG]

I didn't make it up, someone else did and gave it to me :p

2. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Well that escalated quickly. Uh...where to start let's see...

@supernatural-knight I can only reply to your video with this anti-war stance from the anime Macross\Robotech
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs_l-kjfyso[/youtube]
    No this was not actually from the anime but pretty damn funny if you seen it

@Natsuru-san
    it should never have GOTTEN to that point to begin with

and
    In defense for those who chose not to step into that war. I cannot blame them. (Though if this was happening in the real world then that’s another story) The thread was for voting and such but it turned into a derailed war thread and while I don’t like it, the truth is most people won’t step in to help someone if someone is being attacked/hurt. So yeah, course they stopped posting. They didn’t want to get involved in the crap that was happening.

This is what happens when I take a vacation. You guys would eat each other without me.

@sporadic
    Tread lightly, as upsetting the few remaining members of your group would not be wise.

Just take out all your negative energy frustrations on me guys, I just hope my body is ready
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1w9R9-H9QY[/youtube]

One last thing and this might be considered cheating and putting you all on the spot but...
    I'm pulling my birthday gift trump card out and saying that it's time for you guys to gift me by getting along now and letting misunderstandings pass us by. Yes I'm selfish.

Putting my nose in other peoples business since 1989. Doomguy for president!

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Sporadic wrote:

Hikikomori wrote:
    I’m the DTR Ambassador for this group, which in turn makes me the only member here that can “stand toe-to-toe” with Knight.

When in doubt, make up a position to garner authority. [​IMG]

I didn’t make it up, someone else did and gave it to me :p

The statement is still applicable.

4. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Doom: Those vids ain't showing. :/

@DTRadmin & @bedheadred: Ok can you please back what Kiri is saying up? Thanks.

5. JustAdmin Root

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    @Natsuru-san not sure what you mean... what is this dispute about?

6. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
  7. JustAdmin Root

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    @natsuru-san well she is a DTR mod which does make her an ambassador in some way... although that does sound a little grandiose

8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I think Natsuru is confused. That "Ambassador" title only applies to this club. Members of the Anime Cafe apparently made up some title for Kiri to help garner authority in order to help regulate some dispute people were having last week. And tbh Kiri was doing a good job all by herself mediating the situation. I don't think it was necessary to call in "admin backing" when she more than had the situation under control.

9. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Yup. That is why there are mods so the admins can run the site without worrying about petty shit.

10. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Bad news guys and this is really bad, my dad's gonna go to a state near the state where my family lives to do business and wants to take me and my mom with him, it's too soon for another visit to my family. Chances are we might leave the day after tomorrow or next week, or there's even the chance that he won't accept the job, I can explain what he does later.
    The trouble right now is if I leave, I won't be able to join the movie's discussion or the activity after that and here I thought I would finally join my group's activity after a month's absence. It doesn't even give me time to choose someone to be the acting leader, I don't want what happened last time to occur again, guess the punishment will wait if I leave again.

11. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I can do it if you'd like. I've been in this club for a long time now, since shortly after rainshadow revived it from The Anime Symposium. And I remember before that it was The Anime Discussion Society XD. I run a really active club already so you know I can keep up with everything. Or if not me maybe Kiri then since she took extra effort to make sure people don't argue here?

12. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I can do it if you’d like. I’ve been in this club for a long time now, since shortly after rainshadow revived it from The Anime Symposium. And I remember before that it was The Anime Discussion Society XD. I run a really active club already so you know I can keep up with everything. Or if not me maybe Kiri then since she took extra effort to make sure people don’t argue here?

Good point, of all the members of the group you're one of the oldest members, I did mention that there's a chance that he might not accept the job, if that happens then there's no need to leave someone in charge.
    Also about the punishment, it'll have to wait until the next activity, so be prepared for it dudes

13. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    The offer is still on the table if you ever need it. If you end up leaving without much notice just shoot me a quick PM.

14. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I'll help smooth the temporary transition by making unhelpful posts...

Down with Spor! Viva la resistance! :)

15. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I’ll help smooth the temporary transition by making unhelpful posts…

Down with Spor! Viva la resistance! [​IMG]

+1

16. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I'm afraid I will leave tomorrow morning, I'll leave @sporadic in charge until I return, there's a chance I might find internet but for a very short time. Farewell for now my friends

17. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    And when you return the anti-Spor faction led by Doomguy would either-

A- Seize control of the Anime Cafe turning it into the Undead Anime Tea Shop

B- Wisely be ignored by members as complete nonsense from a madman

C- Become the only place left on the internet to combat the future tyranny of Spor

D- Face a flame war started by Spor about banning Doomguy because he is dangerous to society :)

E- All of the above :)

18. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    ^Lmao

Just let Spor do the punishment. It can't wait that long.. People will have forgotten what it was for and then they won't ever learn from it.

19. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    100 spankings!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEEDSKCUiaM

20. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Haha, I love how that due to the now not so recent events Natsu doesn't think I'm capable enough to lead a club despite being this clubs Vice, a moderator and running my own club that doesn't seem to be doing too badly. Anyway I support Sporadic being leader this time, Captain do we go to battle?

Spor when did you even join the community on the original site? I just don't recall seeing you around when I first signed up and yet your knowledge on the clubs history is vast, more so than mine since I didn't remember the original 2 club's names. I know for a fact that I joined for the 5th activity of the anime cafe the same day that I signed up to the forums but I can't picture seeing any posts from you anywhere for at least a couple of months after that for some reason.