Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Supreme Court Declares Same-Sex Marriage Legal In All 50 States

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by Severus, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Severus Shiny Legendary Pokemon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
  2. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    inb4 ridiculous riots and protests that serve to accomplish nothing. America seems to like protesting nowadays.

3. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So long as the ruling does not force religious institutions to perform same-sex marriage ceremonies, there shouldn't be too many complaints by churches of Christianity. The more accepting ones might be reluctant, but may go ahead because it's not their place to judge. Westboro Baptist and the ones who continue to pretend to speak on behalf of God will protest like crazy, hopefully burn themselves to a nice crisp, but that might be too much to ask. Churches are only for fellowship and spiritual teaching, not for speaking on behalf of God (which, by the way, is mentioned in the Bible as an act of false prophets).

I'm not sure on other religions, as I've not done much research into them, but if they're similar to Christianity, they might not have very many complaints either so long as the ruling doesn't force their religious institutions to perform same-sex marriage ceremonies.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hearing this new while I was at work made me happy.

5. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. No one should be forced to do anything. I seriously doubt that would happen. I'm a straight Christian, yet I believe it's about damned time. Good for them!

• Like Like x 2
  6. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  7. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I'm frustrated. I'm frustrated at Abbott and his stupid conservative beliefs. I'm ashamed we'll be shamed into legalizing it cause according to government "IT'S IMMORAL OH GOD IT GOES AGAINST OUR CONSTITUTION"

How you stupid higher ups, get with the times, gay marriage is accepted in TODAY's society, we're a democracy, not a dictatorship. You people need to realise that your legislations passed based on your beliefs will not last forever, and there will be revolts, and you better know I will be right in the middle of them.

Shame on you Australian Government, shame on you.

8. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Ha thought you were talking about the Texas governor for a second there, who said much the same thing about today's ruling.... Tony Abbott and Greg Abbott, so different but so very much the same.

9. Dan- Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Was happy to see this happen. Its about time honestly. There are many countries far ahead of the US with same sex marriage, we are just catching up. Imo who is the government to judge how other people can love anyway? People really shouldn't even need permission to love the way they want to.

lol'd really hard at this entire thing. Relevant. "6/26 is now our 9/11 from a moral standpoint".

10. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    It's honestly no surprise Texas is against it.

You know what's bad? We'll most likely get Tones as PM again next election. I'm right-wing, but Abbott is a horrible leader to this country. He spends too much time focusing on Terrorism, when in reality it's not that big of a threat. Si a few Aussies have gone over to join ISIL? Big woop, it doesn't mean their motives are to bomb Australia.

Frankly it pisses me off, he's acting like a mild Hitler with these new Citizenship Laws. What's next? He's gonna perform another Holocaust on the Middle East cause "MUH AUSSIES ARE TERRORISTS, BETTER DESTROY THEM"

He needs to go away from terrorism for a while, he's done what he could. Why not focus on medical research? We're the leaders in that. Our local hospitals need to be extended and new equipment needs to be added in order to accommodate a 20 million + population.

We're like, way behind compared to other first-world countries, we're too far back in a colonial times and our Parliament is too scared to change the constitution. We only recognise same-sex marriage as a de-facto relationship.

But hopefully as we are allied with the US, this will push same-sex legalisation in Australia.

EDIT: disregard that last remark cause he's still a conservative asshole

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...-views-unchanged/story-fn59niix-1227417747524

#10 Sir-Maddy, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  11. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    The fact that America is ahead of us on this. The fact that America is ahead of us on this is more offensive than wind turbines.
    I mean, it's great and everything, but, no offence, wasn't expecting America of all countries to do it before Aus...

All the rainbow DPs on my Facebook are tripping me out. XD

12. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Abbott is a carpet muncher whose opinions have f**ked this country over for same-sex marriage.

13. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    The thing that gets me the most is that Abbott's sister is gay and he denies her this down to the last fibre of his being. The man is against it seemingly because he is against it, I wonder is he even knows why anymore.

Back to the topic, good on the US for taking this long overdue stand. Considering there is no difference between the feelings people have, but to be able to deny a single personal choice so strongly for all this time still amazes me this hasn't happened much sooner everywhere.

Personally though I think it would have been more interesting to see them ban all kinds of marriage instead. Break apart what a relationship really means by officially denying all current marriages too see how the other half likes it.

14. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    He's a full-blown Catholic, that's why he hates them so much. It's why he disowned his sister, cause she went against his beliefs. And it's cause of these beliefs that he's f**king over millions of homosexual Aussies because "MUH MORALS, IT'S AGAINST MY RELIGION DESPITE PUBLIC SUPPORT FOR THE MOVEMENT."

The problem also lies within the Parliament, the people in the Parliament have grown up in a time where homosexuals were looked down upon, this is their belief and as such if a bill wants to get passed, it must coincide with their beliefs, which is why Shorten's same-sex marriage Amendment was not passed, cause they believe Australia doesn't need to recognise it.

Stupid Government, listen to the people for once, 90% of citizens are not against it, don't let your beliefs influence bill making, it's the people's opinions that should.

15. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    This this this this this. I was totally gonna post this, but forgot. How's that for marriage equality?~
    (I'm totally against the idea of marriage, if you couldn't tell. It's not something society actually needs.)

16. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    RAINBOWS! Rainbows everywhere!

17. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Can we get married now.

18. kaylentine Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    A post I saw on tumblr:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    That why your avi?
    Hah! Nice! Well, apart from the homophobia...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    If you're willing to come to the states.
    More or less. Also for this week's theme.