Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Star Ocean 5 Game's E3 Promo Videos Preview English Release

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by Vladnyx, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Square Enix North America began streaming four trailers on Tuesday for its English release of the Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness role-playing game for the PlayStation 4. The first video is a launch trailer, the second focuses on the character Relia, the third on the research vessel Charles De Goale, and the fourth on the English voice cast.

Launch trailer:

Relia spotlight trailer:

Charles De Goale trailer:

Voice trailer:

The game will ship on June 28 in the U.S. The Day One Edition will have two background battle music themes from Valkyrie Profile and Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria that players can have playing during battle, and download codes for: The Ring of the Valkyries, Gold Bunny Statue, Bushybrume Cincture, Wristlet of the Stars, and Secret Sthalian Tome.
    [​IMG]
    The game will cost US$59.99. The game's Western release will have both English and Japanese audio.

Square Enix describes the game:
    STAR OCEAN, the epic, sci-fi RPG saga that takes players to the stars and beyond, makes its triumphant return with its forthcoming fifth installment in the series. The title is developed by tri-Ace, the celebrated studio behind each of the previous iterations, with character designs by akiman (Akira Yasuda).

At this point in history, between the second and third games in the series, the Pangalactic Federation is nearing the fulfillment of its mission: Peace and order throughout the galaxy. However, the embers of conflict begin to stir once more on the planet of Faykreed, 6,000 light years from Earth, as a new story begins in the ocean of stars.

Square Enix released Star Ocean 5 for the PlayStation 4 in Japan on March 31 after a delay, and for the PlayStation 3 in Japan on April 28. The game's Western release is for the PlayStation 4 only.​

2. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I've heard that a lot of people in Japan were a bit disappointed in this game because of them reusing monsters from The Last Hope and having a relatively short amount of playtime (80 hours or so)

Regardless, I'll probably still buy it

3. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've already pre-ordered this, even though I don't have a PS4 yet. I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition, which will be the first Star Ocean collector's edition that I have ever ordered. I just hope they didn't over sell the collector's edition before mine was sent in (April) and validated.

Hopefully the digital codes can be used on any PlayStation system for redemption that way it will be ready for download when I get a PS4. Nothing I hate more than expiration dates of digital goods and no way to redeem them.

4. Whitefang19 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    @Vashnik I am pretty sure you can redeem the codes on the playstation store website which will then put the DLC in a download queue for what ever system the code is for so it will then download when the system is turned on.

5. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've done it before with one product, but I have encountered one that the code didn't work because it wasn't redeemed on the system the code was intended for. Which is the reason for my concern. I don't know if Square Enix will be strict and ask that Sony make the code only valid for redemption through the PS4 system, or if Square Enix will allow it to be an open code for redemption on any PlayStation system.