Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Stan Lee, DEEN's The Reflection Anime Previewed in New Promo Video

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Sir-Maddy, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    The official website for The Reflection anime project began streaming the anime's latest promotional video on Wednesday.

The anime will premiere on NHK on July 22 at 11:00 p.m. Crunchyroll will stream the anime. The anime's staff previously announced that the anime is planned for a worldwide simultaneous distribution. The series will have 12 episodes.

The anime stars:
    The anime's story begins with a major incident, The Reflection Event that covered the world in a black smoke that robbed the world of sunlight. Many people lost their lives, but those few who survived gained superpowers and became known as The Reflected. Some chose to be heroes, and others villains. But how and why The Reflection itself happened remains a mystery.

Studio DEEN is collaborating with American comic pioneer Stan Lee(Spider-Man, X-Men, Heroman) and his Pow! Entertainment company for the project. Lee is credited with the original work, and Pow! Entertainment and Studio DEEN are credited with the project planning. Hiroshi Nagahama (Mushi-Shi, Flowers of Evil, Detroit Metal City) is co-creating and directing the series at Studio DEEN, and he is also providing the original character designs. Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Casshern Sins, Berserk, Mushi-Shi) is adapting those designs for animation. British music producer and songwriter Trevor Horn is producing the music for the anime. 9nine is also (Star Driver, Magi, My Little Monster) performing the show's ending theme song (the group was earlier credited with performing an insert song for the series).

Other staff members include Koichiro Sohtome (Mushi-Shi episode director, Bokura ga Ita chief director) as series director, Yasuyuki Suzuki (Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal) as scriptwriter, Kanako Satō (Love Live! School idol project, Wolf Children) as in-between checker, Hiroko Umezaki (Noragami Aragoto, Flowers of Evil) as color designer, Hisaharu Iijima (Bakemonogatari, And Yet the Town Moves) as art director, and Keiichi Nozaki (Ongaku Shōjo, L/R: Licensed by Royalty) as music director.

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I'm not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand I don't know what I was expecting of a superhero show from Deen courtesy of Stan Lee would be like. The trailer looks like they really want the western audience to love it more than Japan. They are an unusual studio always changing their style with every show, and they have brought us some fun shows before.

I might have to wait until I hear someone praising this shows rather than just checking it out. At least it doesn't look too bad from the trailer.