Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade' started by BaconMan8910, Aug 3, 2017.

1. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -0
    This club has been pretty inactive for a while. The fact is, I simply don't have time to run games on a regular basis (although, I am always looking for assistant admins to run short games -OR- anyone who would like to advertise their own games here is free to do so, as well). So, I've come up with an idea for a game which I can keep on top of: forum-based D&D.

At its heart, Dungeons & Dragons is a pen and paper RPG with dice. And with the addition of dice rolls to the forum, there's no reason that one couldn't play D&D via a forum thread.

So, here's the idea: I (and possibly one or two others) will serve as the Dungeon Master (DM). I will assist players in creating characters and will dictate the setting, create encounters, award loot, and generally facilitate gameplay. I will begin the game with a scenario and will regularly give instructions and respond to player actions via a designated thread. Players will declare their actions by posting in said thread and using the roll command to roll the appropriate dice. I will respond with the results of said actions and the effects of the dice rolls before continuing on with narrating the various scenarios and encounters.

This will be a long-form game (the campaign itself may be short, but I expect to be playing this over the course of a few months, given the nature of playing in the forum). Players should expect to reply to the campaign thread at least once per week; the pace of the game will be determined by how responsive players are. I will do my best to keep on top of replies.

The campaign will be using 2nd Ed. AD&D rules which can be found here: http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/

If you're interested in playing, reply to this thread letting me know. In a week or so I will create the campaign thread and we'll get started.

CC:
    @Ddos_Dragon @Heizengard @Mafiacow @Mark Denn @ReiAyanamies @RenNya @Rouge_assassin @ShadowLinks @VeritasOdiumParit @Walshy @Yaqub Ahmed @Znelson

#1 BaconMan8910, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. Dylanar

Ratings:
    +212 / 0 / -0
    I'm interested but never played before.

3. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -0
    No problem. I'd be happy to teach you how to play as we go along.

4. Dylanar

Ratings:
    +212 / 0 / -0
    Alrighty, thanks.

5. Walshy Born To Rage

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I myself am not one for long drawn out forum style DnD. That being said i like the idea of ADnD tho. If you need help bouncing ideas off of me a im all ears or if others need help coming up with character ideas for backgrounds.

6. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -0
    Bump.

We need more players. Anyone interested?

7. Dylanar

Ratings:
    +212 / 0 / -0
  8. AngeloDaniele

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Never played it but I don't mind joining.

9. SkeLo

Ratings:
    +164 / 0 / -0
    Sorry man... not much of an online gamer kind of guy... other than my iPad and online games I play via that... I don't do much gaming these days... But thanks for the ask nonetheless...

10. Mafiacow I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    Don't think I'd go too well with text-based. I'd be more up for something like a vid call-based if anything. I'll probably read the campaign though?