Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Should Valve Remove Anime Tiddies?

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by Sir-Maddy, May 19, 2018.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    So if you haven't heard today some companies and GameDevs have been contacted by Valve to remove their adult content or face their game getting removed off Steam. I'll provide a link to what's happening below, but you'll notice that these games are either anime VNs, or anime games.

Basically, should Valve remove this explicit content? You could probably argue since it's privately owned they can decide what games can, and can't be on their platform and if you really like the game just go buy it from the official site. But there's a double standard to this, if anime games are getting targeted for their adult content, then why isn't Western Games like The Witcher or GTA V being told to remove their adult content? Is it cause Valve knows that they'd be destroyed if they said "We no longer want explicit content"? Why just Japanese games?

I'd like to get your thoughts guys.

Some background knowledge: https://www.pcgamer.com/valve-appears-to-be-cracking-down-on-sexual-content-in-some-steam-games/

#1 Sir-Maddy, May 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2018
  2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Valve already uses age verification pages for games that are rated Mature on the Steam website and it's application. I'd say Valve has a bunch of employees with a stick up their butt. There's no reason to demand some titles be censored when they let other titles get away with similar content.

3. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    You can thank this organisation for the removals.

https://endsexualexploitation.org/a...exually-explicit-violent-videogames-platform/

Thank you based conservative Christians, I was getting hot and bothered by the fact Kindred Spirits on the Rooftop was available for purchase.

4. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    Lmfao, really? They're worried about sexual themes in video games? There's a reason those games are rated M and up. There's also the fact they don't have to play the games. Aside from that, this begs the question, does this mean the person who wrote the article actually buy the game and play it? Or do they even play games in general? Now, I haven't played any Valve games, but honestly, it sounds stupid to remove games from steam just because some people are uncomfortable with certain themes.

5. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Those that have a problem with these games are constantly attacking the rights of free speech. Back in 2011, California tried to pass a law against violent video games and the court (for once) struck the law down as unconstitutional and I quote
    It's no surprise that some low-life reject is attempting to squash free speech by targeting Valve and demanding Valve remove certain games because of "X" reason when it doesn't even violate Valve's policies.

6. rem I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    endsexualexploitation dot org's viewpoint is that virtual whatever causes real whatever but I didn't see that they had proof of that, they just threw it out there loudly and valve caved in. I wonder if we might find that the reverse is more generally true by allowing various themes to be explored without any consequences. I believe a study is in order but I certainly would not want to do it.