Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Shonen Jump's World Trigger Manga Gets Anime

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Sir-Maddy, May 27, 2014.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Shueisha and Viz Media announced on Tuesday that Daisuke Ashihara's World Trigger manga is getting an anime adaptation.

Viz Media describes the series as follows:

Weekly Shonen Jump's newest series is out of this world! A gate to another dimension has burst open, and from it emerge gigantic invincible creatures that threaten all of humanity. Earth's only defense is a mysterious group of warriors who have co-opted the alien technology in order to fight back!

World Trigger debuted in last year's 11th issue of Japan's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. Viz Media added the series to its digital anthology version of Weekly Shonen Jump, and it will publish the first print volume on October 7.

Ashihara previously wrote the four-volume Kashikoi Inu Lilienthal manga in Japan's Weekly Shonen Jump from 2009 to 2010.

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @metazoxan have you checked out this manga? I'm curious because it is a Jump adaptation of another action fantasy story so who knows how popular this could get. MAL's stats seem to show it hasn't got too great of an amount of popularity yet, but who really knows how it is doing in Japan.
    I clicked pages from the first chapter of it, the characters seem kind of boring and the backgrounds are plain as all hell so I'm really not sure if I'll end up checking out this adaptation.

3. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    have you checked out this manga? I’m curious because it is a Jump adaptation of another action fantasy story so who knows how popular this could get. MAL’s stats seem to show it hasn’t got too great of an amount of popularity yet, but who really knows how it is doing in Japan.
    I clicked pages from the first chapter of it, the characters seem kind of boring and the backgrounds are plain as all hell so I’m really not sure if I’ll end up checking out this adaptation.

Unfortunately no I have not checked this out.

But I have hear of it and a guy called Y ruler of time even talks about it in a review of all 2013 manga. He talks about World Trigger about 3 minutes in so if you want to know about it check out this video
    http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/ir/yrt/readright/42159-new-manga-releases-2013

So from what he says this manga is one of those ones that starts out kinda slow but gets stronger and more complex over time as it manages to build on it's characters and plot. I like this guy and I generally agree with his reviews fairly well. So if he's giving it such a high rating I'm going to say it probably is going to end up pretty good in the long run. I'd say check it out.

Also I did check out the first chapter and it does kinda stand out a bit. The idea of being from a differnt world/dimesnion attacking is hardly new but a lot of those tend to go for a very post apocalyptic feel. This one just seems to feel a little different from most of those and while that doesn't automatically make it good it does give it quite a bit of promise. Because one of the first challanges a manga most overcome is making itself stand out from other series even if only a little.

4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Metazoxan thanks but the video is having buffering problems for me so I can't seem to watch more than 30 seconds of it.
    It is interesting that this reviewer likes it though, going from general opinion I saw when checking out the news thread on MAL people were complaining about this show. This has supposedly been selling relatively poorly as well, making many question if this is just to try and boost sales as a sort of manga promotion that cuts off before too much happens, something similar as Claymore with how it just ends.

I'll be waiting for a PV before I judge its worth, I always like seeing how series are animated.

5. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    If we're going on terms on popularity.
    Compared to other Shounen Jump stories, it's actually quite low.