Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Shirobako

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Oh Maddy, I can't make u do anything, but if u would be so kind to. :)

2. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Oh well I'll run it down in dot points
    • The general manager happens to be voiced by my seiyufu Mai Nakahara
    • She also voices Musashi from Horizon in the middle of nowhere
    • Both have the exact same face all the time and both have the exact same tone of voice
    • Both are in charge of their respective companies and fleets
    • Both also happen to be best girls
    It's why I call her General Musashi-san, it's a VA reference.

Month late but I feel a bit bothered by this.
    The cars weren't referencing Madhouse or Production I.G.

Aoi's car is referencing KyoAni and her rival's car is referencing J.C. Staff.
    Though there is a Production I.G. reference in the first episode, it's not on the car.

3. OtakuSenseiHig Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE: i was away a long time

i watched shirobako (an episode behind of course) and i have to say pa works is making up for the train wreck that was Glasslip and they are making the show quite likeable. i actually enjoy the op and end most of all because they show the key animation and the animation process not to mention the songs kinda stuck to me. its so much better to watch this show while i have animation class in my school we are doing a weight of sound project and i am animating similar to japan due to my laptop being completely dead for almost 2 weeks (i survived watching anime on my tablet). the only problem i really had with the show is when they show their height of inspiration they show their creations flying around like in the first couple episodes when they changed the Exodus crying face (i loved the product of the change) and when they said they wanted to create their anime they created back in highschool and you saw the ship flying and they all waved to it. Something thats small i want to change is in the opening the girl that wants to become a writer comes on screen after our beloved aoi runs off screen with her doughnuts and she sits down trying to write, i would have liked it alot more if she was looking don rather than at the viewer, every time i see it i just get annoyed

4. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I've been a bit inactive I had finals AND THEN I was sick this weekend right after finals...... well anyway I'm back in the groove I guess so now to catch up a bit with things around here.

Does anyone else think the 3D animation girl should just quit? Even if the job pays well the company has dug themselves into a rut and become a bit of a one trick poney. While this is good for the overall health of the company (Because like the guy said they get a lot of requests since they are so well known for their cars) it's very bad for the careers of the staff. Meaning that whole company is pretty much a dead end job without any real room to grow. The best she could hope for would to be promoted to manager or something but that isn't really her goal. She wants to get better at what she does not leave it behind for a higher position.

5. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    The director deserves this meme "LOOK OUT! WE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE!" (I'm reffering to that previous ep plus the plane scene for this ep as well as the burn through pages he did which made his soul start popping out or something like that)

Also, at this point, we may as well get used to and accept the unrealistic moments, namely the dolls being alive. (They're cute, just feels out of place but now it's growing on me)

It's hard to say really and I do hope her friend Miyamori can get her that job but anyway, one reason why she shouldn't quit is because, she hasn't been there a year and if she stuck there for at least a yar, she'd get good money PLUS have a better shot at getting hired at a new company, one that will let her create what she wants, but quitting without a year as her boss said well, no company will hire her. (I'll say more than likely)

Either way, it's a tough decision, one of which, I'm glad I don't have to be in and hopefully never will be.

6. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Well sure sticking around long enough to get some experience to put on your resume for the next place is never a bad thing. But listen to those guys talking about having done the same stuff for years now. If she wants the work experience then she should only stick around for maybe a year. Any more than that and she might find it hard to get out of that job. Although it seems to me she wants to get quality experience now and that means she might be better off quitting now.

7. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Oh I know. lol Tis a depressing sitch really and I myself wouldn't want to stay there for more than a year and then start looking for another place to work, that'd be my take on it and only because of needing the exp. for the resume, otherwise I'd do the same thing she's doing in her sitch, well, IF I was in her sitch I mean. lol
    Yeah but, how can she get quality exp. if she quits right now? Unless you know someone (Like Miyamoto perhaps, time will tell) then you aren't likely to get that quality exp. if she quits right now. If it were me, I'd find out why she quit if I knew, but, most wouldn't care, they'd only see a piece of paper saying nothing or, I have 3 months of this exp. as an example and then they'll want to know if u quit or were fired or, just over look u because of those being the only two options without bothering to care to find out why and what happened.

8. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Well maybe Aoi could get her hired at her work place. Sure she'd probably have to start at the very bottom even with her help but she could probably at least tell her bosses "look there is a good reason she quit in 3 months so don't hold that against her".

9. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Okay I don't know about anyone else but this show just got even better with episode 12. As if enjoying every stupid thing Tarou does isn't enough episode 12 offered us some great referential humour. Using Kanno san for Hideaki Anno I found great, I just hope they won't run into legal issues again, referential humour is one of my favourite kinds so I'd hate to see the industry being deterred by legalities all the time.
    Talking about Ava being released in 95 and how the younger generation of anime watchers haven't seen stuff form the past was great, I was completely caught up in that conversation. I myself haven't seen that franchise yet but not because I don't want to just that I haven't got around to it yet.
    As if empathising with Aoi in that conversation wasn't enough he then went and turned the climactic scene of Exodus into that scene from Nausicaa, it was amazing.
    The ship behind him i couldn't help but think it was form Space Battles Ship Yamato but after searching his roles he hasn't had much to do with that franchise so I kind of doubt it. Still could be possible but...

I hope they keep referencing things until this series ends, I kind of hope to see some PA references somewhere other than Tari Tari's blu ray announcement all those eps ago.

10. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yean episode 12 was great. I loved seeing everything FINALLY come together. It's been said before but P.A. really made up for that glasslip fiasco with this show. Everything is just so engaging and fun to watch plus I feel like I'm getting at least an idea of what the industry that make all this stuff is like.

11. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    and caught up with this one too..

i saw the gendo pose!!!

well thank god tarou not messing up things. i dont want to feel that blood rush again. so they are removing characters from the series now... might be too much of work and pay then.. hehe. well seriously, the series has lots of characters to remember. i can only name aoi, tarou (tsk), honda, sugie, and kanno (now cant forget this person because of ava).

about the 3d girl quitting, im not sure about the work ethics outside my country but thinking japan, at least one year of experience for work. i hope she gets hired to that small firm (referencing op). well,,, didnt that company just got a 3d game? well its still about cars but now it has motion. she could at least used that to get a year experience. welp she quit and thats that.

about that animator girl, she kind of represented a great deal of japan population about being to hard on themselves when it involves skills and work. i myself too get too hard to myself when i get errors. it affects performance evaluation and that can affect the employment recommendation thingy when transferring out. she needs to loosen up a bit just as what sugie and glasses girl said.

now the voice acting girl,,, GET YOURSELF TOGETHER ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

and kouhai girl, just sit tight there girl. your time will come. was it mentioned somewhere why they needed something about trains? i picked up when aoi's sister came to visit.

now that last episode, im sad that honda is leaving when the last ep released. i dont like the idea of him being around as a food getaway character later on. he is good at his job. i hope he returns but now with aoi in charge. im also furious about the last episode too. you know why? spoilers man spoilers. it sure cant be helped when the director went on blazing his ideas on the previous ep but.. we heard an exodus ova coming T_T. im also happy that they are done with the series. we now saw a shirobako of the series which felt great.

12. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    So is anyone still watching this show? It is still an enjoyable watch even though some of the big names from Musani have since left. Tarou needs more screen time.
    Diesel san gets a job working there as well, how much longer must we wait VA girl? She is getting closer at least, so that isn't too bad.

Also if anyone does respond, did anyone notice the Another reference in episode 14?

13. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Kinda fell behind a little because of stuff including checking out the new shows.

While a few familiar faces did leave that new face is kind of interesting so it's all good.

No Tarou should just be fired like the dead weight he is. Has he done a single useful thing this entire series? Hell he nearly ruined the companies last project twice!

As for the VA girl ( shizuka I think her name was?) I felt so sorry for her so she better catch a break soon (like Musani's first choice for Catherine cancelling) or it's just going to break my heart.

Although those three idiots during the voice acting discussion annoyed me. Skill is obviously far more important than the stuff they were focusing on. Besides "a certain someone" I don't think most people focus too much on whether or not a voice actress is popular. While it's true a popular name will catch your eye if you pay attention to that it's not as important as fitting the role. Plus if you force popular actors into roles they aren't good for it hurts their careers. Singing is of course worthless unless the character sings and who the hell even thinks about how a VA looks?

14. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Judging from the themes we'll get a few more interesting new faces soon. Should be good but at the same time I do feel like I'll miss Handa attacking the director.

I know Tarou is a dick but it is because he is a dick that he is enjoyable to watch. If you knew someone like him in life you'd want to kill them, but since we can simply watch I find his screen time to be hilarious. More Aoi rage brought about by Tarou please.

I still don't know many character names, I think I have 4 so yeah VA girl works fine. While I do want to see her get a job I don't want her to simply be handed a job because the other choices weren't available. I was thinking more along the lines of her getting a supporting character and from there her importance gets more significant. Perhaps a call back to voice a character introduced later in the series.

Those 3 idiots sure made that decision hard for them, seems it would have been done in an hour but it took was it 14 hours? Damn vocal talents for suiting the character should obviously be the most important thing for a VA. There is nothing wrong with thinking about promoting the show but to their extremes was horrible to watch. It went beyond me, personally I found them more annoying than Tarou [could be because I think Tarou's VA suites his role so well]. "Her but" is it wrong that when he first started shouting these things I laughed?

15. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Daily reminder that there will be an EXODUS OVA coming out in Feb.
    Get hype.

16. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    It is always fun to follow along with how long something stays daily, let's see this time it will last......

I will watch because PA, if it was any other company I'd probably pass on this bonus OVA.

17. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    He just annoys me to much to find funny. Like in the recent episode he just acts so damn full of himself going "I'll be the director... wait I'm not director....why?" considering he nearly destroyed the project twice he should be surprised he even still have his damn job much less expecting the director position of the companies biggest project yet.

I guess that would be a good way for it to go to. But she wouldn't exactly be "handed the job" since the director already did kind of push for her. Her lack of prior work and the fact she was asked to do the voice on the spot with no practice prior is the only reason she was passed over. So to me she already did enough to earn the role and just needs a lucky break (like the other options being unavaliable) to get her a part. It's different from people like Tarou who makes no effort to actually do anything and expects reward for it.

Yeah I know the industry is actually a bit like this and name and marketability are often considered (sometimes even more than actual ability) but the extreme to which they took it was just a bit annoying. Like the middle guy who just started wineing about taking a girl from his company no matter how shitty she was and the guy who eventually stopped even pretending his suggestions had talent and just started shouting about buts. The guy walking about well known names made the most intelligent argument and was the most reasonable. But his absolute obession with it to the point of willing picking girls not fit for parts went too far.

18. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Daily reminder the OP and ED to EXODUS is horrible.

19. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    oh well then. The OP and ED of an anime being bad are the least important flaws an anime could have since they are easily skippable without losing anything. Now when they are good it's like a bonus because you get to listen to an awesome song every time you watch the show so a good OP and ED is good but bad ones are still just not important.

20. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    OP is what you heard in the first episode.
    ED is country shit.