Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Shirobako

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Only 3 problems with that Maddy my dear.
    1. I have yet to watch the newest ep of Shiro Bako.
    2. They could still screw this up, there are 24 eps & 2 ova eps & we're only on ep 4 as of now.
    3. I never watched Glasslip to begin with so I couldn't say if they've redeemed themselves or not. Hem? U want to know y I didn't watch it? Fair enough. Easy, I took a look at the image that MAL has as well as read the info for the story, genre etc. and I knew it'd be average and not worth it at best and judging by the reactions of others, I so called it. haha Now answer a Natsuru this. WHy does the Natsuru get the feeling u enjoyed Glasslip? :)

2. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    ep 3

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! they talk so fast that i myself has to pause some scenes just to read (TL notes, side notes, background conversations, and when they show names of characters).
    *big sigh*
    wew good thing they managed to send the script for episode 4. i thought that was going to be the flag that starts their misery.

Takanashi, Tarou is the character that i can now say is a burden of the team. i flinch everytime he opens his mouth or even hear his voice.

ep4

well nothing much happens here. just all girls day out. after they watched an animated film, they didnt talk about the story but they talked about the ... lets say .... components of the show that powered them up.

im now curious as to what that Tarou *tsk* did this time that pushed a supervisor to quit.

3. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I don't like it, I despise it.
    It sold too much in Japan, 500 copies.

4. OtakuSenseiHig Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't finish glasslip due to the fact that i couldn't figure out why they were ticked at Okura or whatever, because he did absolutely nothing and the main girl Touko i don't see why so many people liked her or even why she was freaking out half the time, dont even get me started on the little sister "please stay beautiful"........

5. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Shiro Baka ep 4, was a nice ep, sure not really much got done for what the show is about but it did have some scenes including a BIG prob hinted/mildly shown in the ep that's about to rear it's head in the next ep but this ep also did something else that some might not have seen. What'd it do? It showed us a glimpse of what it's like to not be at work as well as a glimpse at how hard it is to make it into the profession you want, more so for voice acting than anything else it'd seem. Whelp! Guess that just means I've got my work cut out for me. :)

500 copies is too much? O-O Seems like too little if u ask me but, ah well, I'll ask, would even 1 copy selling be too much for you Maddy?

6. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    No, 500 is way too much.
    It doesn't deserve to be on anyone's shelf.

It's the perfect example of ruined potential.

7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Glasslip was completely ruined potential, so much so that I almost hope someone was fired over it. The PV made me so hyped for it and then that was what we got, so much for this company being one of my favourites when it comes to their original series.
    Now about Shirobako, it is entertaining but so far I wouldn't say it has redeemed them. The cast is just too large to feel invested in the characters, I can't even remember any names unless it is immediately after I watch an episode, still after 4 eps. It is much more enjoyable but redeemed them yet, not quite.

About ep 4, I enjoyed the calmer pace with having the friends meet up again. Something about the newbie voice actor practicing on the train was great, I wish I could see someone like that being that absorbed they just don't give a shit.

I also like the guy that seems to make a lot of mistakes, his voice actor suits the role. I look forward to seeing what troubles he brings MA.

I must ask did anyone catch the Tari Tari reference?
    [​IMG]
    While being blurry it is obviously Wakana, Sawa and Konatsu. This makes me wonder what the other references were, I couldn't catch them really apart from Non Non Biyori and Madoka and the another one [been too long I don't remember what that series was now]. I couldn't even figure out which VA she was meant to be, an older sister type of character, yeah I had no clue.

8. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    i sure didnt notice that one when i watched ep 4. even the other anime that you mentioned. i sure noticed Honey and Clover being mentioned on ep 5 though.

watched ep 5
    so thats what happened. so even the makers an in debate about 3D effects in anime as much as us viewers go ranting how bad 3D is. i just kind of assumed that japan will go use whats the latest and most popular software for animation when doing the framing and everything in anime. them talking about key animation,cant stop thinking of Key animation and their 3D using anime (Kanon 2006, Clannad~Afterstory, and Angel Beats). they have 3D scenes impossible not to notice.

now about the last 5 seconds of this episode .....
    [​IMG]

9. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Noobs wait honey and clover was mentioned in ep 5, where? Could you post a screen shot, I don't know the franchise so it is believable why I'd miss it.

Well they have two divisions for the same scene, kind of a different reason for the debate but yeah. People wonder what is the best way to do something that they care about all the time. I actually like full CG series so I'm impartial to either option. As long as the entire show looks good and the plot is entertaining then it doesn't matter to me.
    I loved the last 5 seconds, Yoshino, Hiroyuki has the most suited voice for this role. Even though the character is terrible at his job, this VA makes me like him a lot simply for how he is portrayed.

I have to ask, locking the director in a cage, is that going too far?

10. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    They litterally said the name "Honey and Clover" during a flashback. It was during the jigly heaven flashback.

As for me I think it's good for series to mix both. CG doesn't look good for people and often makes things people look stiff and rather expressionless. Like Blue Steel the people moved like robots half the time and half their faces didn't move right. But CG is great for effects and can really make them pop and stand out in anime. Which seemed to be what the director thought as CG made the explosion look cooler. So like with a lot of things I don't think CG will completely replace drawn methods but now traditional methods like that aren't the only way to do it. Like how Libraries will probably always be around but you don't have to depend on them for research thanks to the internet.

BTW who else wants to kill that blond piece of shit? He has nearly derailed this entire anime twice because he's too lazy and can't work things out himself and this time he seems determined to make the female lead clean up his mess for him while he makes half hearted attempts to cover over his problem instead of facing it.

11. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    as what that director animator (the one drinking with the direcotr) said, its better to study the tool first and know the pros and cons with it. well i think it depends on how the 3D was done. there are also done 3D facial expressions that are supperb. only thing is they are only found in games (FF for example). im with you partially on the CG doesn't look good for people. CG is good when doing movements but just not on the facial expressions.

[​IMG]

if im not mistaken, this would be his second time messing up the produciton timeline. the first one was when he didnt finish something about episode 3 which affected the work done for ep 4. then things became worse when the director wants to change the key animation where arupin was about to burst crying.

now getting back to that blond piece of shit, that character's character is something that i dont like when working with a team. damn him. he, as a production assistant, didnt use the right words when communicating as the middle man. now i have a name for the "which character you want to gouge his eyes out".

yes he is suited to voice the character which helped bringing out the kind of piece of shit the piece of shit shit is. (if a mod will censor my post.. i wont be mad)

12. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    But drawn animation also looks great when done well. If you compare great drawn animation to great CG then the effects tend to favor the CG but people, body movements, and facial expressions are better drawn than CG at least in my experience. Even the best CG feels at least a bit still and movements a bit unnatural to me.

So I think pure CG is bad but I think it has it's place.

exactly. The first time I didn't mind so much because everyone makes mistakes. He just let his work slip a little and it caused a small mess. The director wanting a scene completely redone at the last second was worse. But now we have him making yet another mistake just an episode or two later and this time not only is it completely his fault but he seems to refuse to properly take responsibility. Instead of admitting his mistake to his boss and having the two of them talking to each other directly to solve the missunderstandings he tries to gloss over the problem by asking other people to fix it or fill in for the guy he made quit.

So not only is he lazy but he won't take responsibility for his own actions. Also based on everyones reactions to the first time we saw him mess things up by not finishing on time everyone had a "not again" reaction so these two times we've seen him nearly ruin a production are only his recent ones. I wouldn't mind so much if he acted like he cared about anyone besides himself but he doesn't. He seems more concerned with getting in trouble for screwing up than fixing it and when even a little responsibility falls to Aoi he seems ready to just let her take care of it so that he won't have to.... For the next anime awards I think I'm going to add a "Favorite/most hated" character category.

13. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    well by now we both can say that we established the fact that CG is good for effects and anything that needs expressing emotions is better done hand drawn.

like i said before i am partially with you on that. CG is good to anything but the face. having played project diva, seeing the vocaloids dance in perfect timing is very satisfying to watch but it lessens when you see how the face gets emotionless.

very well said. he did portray a person evading responsibility. if he cant completely evade responsibility, he tries to bring someone with him in the pits. yes during the early episodes we kind of forgiven him because its normal to commit mistakes. but seriously, when he messed up on first time, he didnt tell anyone about it until it reached the critical moment.

14. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Exactly and now that I think about it he makes this anime even better. He is a lazy good for nothing who should be fired by all rights but because he tries to cover up his mistakes and "lets" other people pick up his slack no one with the authority has enough reason to. Just like those assholes I'm sure some people know at their jobs. So it kind of makes the anime feel more real because everyone isn't trying their hardest or working together... I still want to kick his ass though.

15. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    i cant deny that with him, the series felt more realistic. as there are different kinds of employee in an establishment. he, the ey-hole of the story, is just what is needed spice things a bit. well he is not the worse kind of ey-hole but the very least he is.

now back to that question if it was too much that putting the director in a cage... well for me it wasnt. the other guy just wanted to make sure that what happened to jiggly will not happen again.

16. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    So we can all agree that General Musashi-san is best character right?

17. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    WHo @Sir-Maddy ? I've not memorized any of the names of the chars, I like them but I'm terrible with names, esp with big casts like this. lol

SO, Shirobako is quite good, I KNEW I'd like this anime. Also, for a few past eps, can I PLEASE just bunch that little snot with the blonde hair that's cut like a punk and blames others, is lazy and doesn't take responsibility for the many mistakes he's made so far? Please, I just want to punch the little snot and kick him off the team. Make it happen OR! Make hi get his ars err, act together and now! The guy just p o's me.

18. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
  19. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ep 9 was good but also a downer in a way. I also did not like the two times they made something that doesn't exist appear in the anime (#talking days again plus something else now too) Ok 3 if u count the Exodus girls appearing but I do not as again that one can be chalked up to that moment/feeling that CAN and DOES happen irl.

Also, who knew THIS GUY http://myanimelist.net/character/115095/Seiichi_Kinoshita could be so awesome! Now, if only the woman below would get more screen time.

@Sir-Maddy Do u mean this woman? http://myanimelist.net/character/115077/Yuka_Okitsu

If not I have no clue who u r talkin bout. I mean, there is no General Musashi-san let alne anyone with the name Musashi in the first place.
    edit: unless u meant the general manager for Musashino animation in which case I doubt it since u put -san at the end and also dropped the no at the end too.

20. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Don't make me explain the joke please.