Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Shirobako

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    im with you with the idea of anime being aired as a finished product but that was when i didnt put japan itself in the picture. being neighbors with japan, before, we get a lot of anime that the tv stations have trouble putting time slots for them. that said, we get the complete set when they got aired. the only anime that i can say that had trouble airing that time was the immortal series Dragon ball (i say immortal because as of today its still being aired in a loop). for example when the cell saga comes to an end, it would go back to an earlier episode lets say the first appearance of vegetta and boom its in a loop.

if that is the actual case? well im not sure. things are being aired weekly compared to daily so it probably is the case.

2. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    If you guys want an example.
    Wanna know why most SHAFT shows look like shit, but look good in the BDs?

They hand over their episode hours before that episode airs.

3. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Uh huh. :) Nice try Maddy but, you aren't getting off the hook that easily. lol Now, start singing my dear. >; )

4. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    P.A. Works you glorious bastards.
    Now I have seen a 2D version of my seiyufu.

[​IMG]

5. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    OMG! IT'S HAPPENING THE REAL WORLD AND ANIME ARE BEGINNING TO MERGE!
    [​IMG]

6. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    BASED P.A. WORKS

7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    This show is doing pretty well for itself after two eps, by this point in time everyone was already doubting Glasslip but it seems that the majority of people are finding this to be a good watch. The over the top performance from the director[? I don't remember who, I've watched too much since then] was interesting. Although the floating girls kind of lost my interest.
    I also realised a possible fatal flaw for this show for PA, they excel in animation yet a lot of this show will be spent inside cramped rooms. There is only so much they can do with rooms, so the great scenery that they often pull off in their shows could possibly be wasted.
    I'm also finding the cast hard to remember, that happens with all large cast shows sure, but this especially I don't remember anyones name yet.

8. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    EXODUS anime never.

9. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    ep 2 was, alright, was better after the unrealistic floating girls.

10. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    The floating girls were the worst part of ep 2, this is a semi realistic behind the scenes of how our anime is brought to us. Throwing in floating girls ruined that realistic vibe that the rest of the ep was going for. Having a magical girl anime being made is fine but to have our main cast all hallucinate seeing the characters come to life in such a showy was could have been handled better I think. I'm not sure how, and this could just be my dislike of the magical girl genre showing through, but I hope they don't fall back to this too many times.

11. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I agree with you fully, except the dislike of the magical girl genre, for tis one of my most fav genres! :D

12. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    watched ep 2 and im on the same page as you guys about the floating girls. that just ruined the mood. that one could have been done perfectly if the characters just foreshadowed how the characters would look like in glimpse with flashing white lights. scenes that you usually see when there is a realization happening. i do get what the director was saying but they dont have the luxury of time to redo everything. as what was said earlier, ep 4 and above of exodus would be hell. that right there is a flag of the complication of the story. i wonder if theyll be able to cram that kind of plot with just 12/13 eps.

that said, i feel like this series wants to have the same problem with exodus. they want us to feel the pressure of the characters. as the director said, "were going to kidnap them not leave them behind!"

13. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    since everyone else is saying it I guess I"ll give my two cents too. That floating girls scene just seems to ridiculous I skipped past it. I get they wanted a flashy scene but it just felt too over the top and unnatural.

14. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Speaking of unnatural, episode 3 had her dolls talking again........ I don't like it when they do that, the voices especially annoys me.
    But overall what a hectic episode, that amount of rushing and stress. It is amazing that there are people that do this all their life. Lots of problems but equally as many solutions to them, but nothing much else happened to really discuss.
    I did think that the episode ended rather awkwardly, we were watching the new scene where she reveals she always knew and it cut so suddenly. I was left wondering what happened considering how the end theme starts.

15. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I feel this episode really captured the feel of a hectic production. Part way through the episode I was almost feeling tired just having all the work described to me. "this goes here, those go there, and then this all goes to these people..........GAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!" If I was there I'd be ready to scream "ENOUGH ALREADY!". It really makes you appreciate anime more seeing an anime that shows the work put into it.

This episode seriously didn't give even the viewer a chance to breath.

16. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Oh by the way SHIROBAKO is getting 2 OVAs.
    First one will be based on EXODUS.

So yeah, MORE DELICIOUS MAI NAKAHARA MAGICAL GIRL FOR NEXT YEAR.

17. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    ... ep 3, u know, I REALLY don't want Miyamori-san's job. I'd love to draw the scenes, color them even, but putting it all toether, HELL NO! Ok, if it was a LOT less hecktic and I could handle it I "might" be willing to give it a try but I'd rather the former ones. This was a real good ep and that last scene we saw of the completed work was, well, they captured her face/expression perfectly.

Now now, Knight, there is a HUGH difference between the 2 doll scenes and the last ep's unrealistic moment.
    1st scene, she was dreaming which makes sense and they explained more on how it worked so, tis good, besides, their voices are all fine to me.
    2nd scene, sure it happened in rl this time however, this was perfectly executed because, it only happened after Miyamor-san literally snapped and her brain couldn't process even taking a wrapper off of candy. >_> In other words, it was a delusion caused from temp insanity which only furthered to show off how stressful the job must be which added to the show over all.

So u see, this time it was done in a way which is incorporated ito the real world, as for ep 2's floating girls, I recall once hearing there are very rare moments when everyone can see a vision of the goal in mind, guessing that was one of those rare moments.

That it does! :)

And there are 24 eps for the none OVA anime itself too! I was certain there'd only be 12 eps. Boy was I wrong. >_> Oh me oh my...

18. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I might be a little late since I was busy but here goes: Great anime, 1st episode got my full attention to the anime, now we learn how hard it is to make an anime and how everyone works to make one

Bright side for me is: I can take it easy thanks to the anime, 24 episodes long? not a problem for me

19. OtakuSenseiHig Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    i gotta say this is one of my favorite anime this season i quite like the idea of having an anime on making anime
    also anyone realize that in the first episode her car was madhouse while the other car was production ig

20. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    So we can all agree P.A. Works have redeemed themselves with this after Glasslip, right?