Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Shingeki no Kyojin

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Theprokill3r, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Theprokill3r Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    (not sure if allowed to talk about non-dubbed anime, if not feel free to close/delete this thread)
    ON TOPIC:
    Episode 5 subbed came out today
    Sh** my pants at the end.
    Shaking with excitement.
    Anyone feel the same? I feel like it'll do WAYYY better than anticipated and will have a 2nd season, and possibly dubbed (psh possibly, more like for sure). I LOVE IT!

2. mistninja314 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ill have to give this anime a try out

3. Exis Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree. I've read the manga (what's been completed so far) and the anime is definitely living up to my expectations. The visuals are epic with awesome voice acting. Certainly one of the better anime airing this spring.

4. RX178 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    has everyone check out attack on titan? Although its not yet dubbed and its really new, its really worth checking out. if you have, dont hold back on spoilers. There are so many questions I want answers to! like what the hell is Mikasa. I was told she has super human strength.

5. SoulEater Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I absolutely love the manga for this one. I think the anime is mediocre in comparison, although the manga is a little confusing. Mikasa is human. I suspect she has a brother complex but that's just my opinion.

6. RX178 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there! have the manga reveal what happened between the day that the titans came and killed everyone to the beginning of the story? That 100 year of peace sounds shady.

7. Kusanagi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I merged the Attack on Titan thread with the Shingeki no Kyojin thread, since both are about the same series.

8. RX178 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well then haha i didnt know the japanese name for the show. or else i wouldnt of posted mine on its own

9. jayvon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If we're doing this then what the +++ is the New Release club for?

10. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    We arent doing this in this thread o_O

11. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    This forum will turn into sub/dub anime forum lol, the New Release Club was for a reason, but now when everyone makes a thread for every currently airing anime, the club becomes useless.

12. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Well theres just too many animes right now that need to be discussed.

13. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Did you read what I said? It's supposed to be a dubbed anime forum, but the new releases totally took over the forum. Making the New Release Club needless.

The General Discussion for the new releases had a meaning, but now instead of everyone talking there, people just go around the forums and make a thread for every anime... seems a bit weird.

14. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    If i didnt read what you said then i wouldnt have replied, would i?

What you say is true. But i havent seen a proper discussion in the general new release thread since a long time. I guess thats why people started making threads for it.

15. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Batosai wrote:
    If i didnt read what you said then i wouldnt have replied, would i?

What you say is true. But i havent seen a proper discussion in the general new release thread since a long time. I guess thats why people started making threads for it.

Nah, the reason is different. I see threads being made by a person who is not in the club or by either you (your reason I don't know).

16. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Do you know your reason for creating Hataraku Maou thread then?

17. Kusanagi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do not think that because this site is a dub-focused site that the forums are exclusive to dubbed anime discussion. Anime is anime, and dubbed or not does not affect how we discuss it nor what we discuss about it (except voice actors). And it's only natural that an anime-related community like Dubtopia will attract people who use subs or both dubs and subs, and it's in everyone's best interests if we stay open and accepting in this instance.

I do not think groups hold exclusive rights to discuss anime. It's okay for both the club and for the forums to discuss the same subject, and members should not be forced to join a group to discuss a topic in a relevant forum. That said, I do recognize a problem with the community and discussion on the same subject being split up into two different places. Ideally I'd want all the discussion to be in the New Release Club, but closing discussion for that sake seems too great a cost in this situation.

There is not much to gain by closing threads in this situation, so I think it's okay to allow discussion both here and in the New Release Club to exist simultaneously. I do recommend that participants in this thread's discussion check out the New Release Club though (http://dubtopian-review.eu/groups/the-new-release-club/).

18. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Batosai wrote:

Batosai wrote:

Avoiding question? Well figured so.

And yes I had reason. The anime received a lot of popularity and I didn't want it to be taken over the the new release general thread. Moreover, it was already on JDR and was doing well. Therefore, I just recreated the thread. Nonetheless, when I was creating there wasn't any other discussion thread for the new season anime. However now pretty much every going on anime has a topic on this forum. Making the club meaningless imo.

But as long as mods/admins are happy with the situation, I don't mind myself. It's just a bit sad that the club loses it's point to exist bit by bit.

19. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Ovyda wrote:
    Batosai wrote:

Batosai wrote:

And yes I had reason. The anime received a lot of popularity and I didn’t want it to be taken over the the new release general thread. Moreover, it was already on JDR and was doing well. Therefore, I just recreated the thread. Nonetheless, when I was creating there wasn’t any other discussion thread for the new season anime. However now pretty much every going on anime has a topic on this forum. Making the club meaningless imo.

But as long as mods/admins are happy with the situation, I don’t mind myself. It’s just a bit sad that the club loses it’s point to exist bit by bit.

Ovyda wrote:
    Batosai wrote:

Batosai wrote:

And yes I had reason. The anime received a lot of popularity and I didn’t want it to be taken over the the new release general thread. Moreover, it was already on JDR and was doing well. Therefore, I just recreated the thread. Nonetheless, when I was creating there wasn’t any other discussion thread for the new season anime. However now pretty much every going on anime has a topic on this forum. Making the club meaningless imo.

But as long as mods/admins are happy with the situation, I don’t mind myself. It’s just a bit sad that the club loses it’s point to exist bit by bit.

Then my reason is that Mushibugyou and Arata are popular too.

20. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Aight... best reason is to avoid the question and ask the same action and then use the same answer to back yourself up. Well done well done, but the problem is... They aren't popular even close to the popularity of Hataraku even if you combine both shows.