Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Reasons to watch anime

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Supernatural-Knight, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Princess_Shirin Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Same as @Dylanar, I watch anime because I want to. I enjoy watching anime, have enjoyed watching anime since I was little. There's very, very rarely an anime I don't enjoy watching at least a little. Anime will always have a special place in my heart, and I will never stop watching, probably not even in the afterlife :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    hmmm, this topic is kinda hard to say really... I guess I watch it a lot because it was like my reality check... It helped mii though difficult times is the main part I watch it fully now... Normal television is full or boring shows with too many restrictions but anime seems to be more open with no limitations and something I can understand.

So basically, anime gives mii something to rely on and a great boredom killer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AngeloDaniele Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    You find amusement in the majority of the animes you watch? lucky. Oh and nice viewpoint *thumbs up*.

4. TheRailgunSpark Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    What got me into anime or what I noticed first was the art style as it was so different and unique. It really just grabbed my attention and I just wanted to keep watching and seeing more of it. It can be so beautiful from the backgrounds to the characters and animation it's simply amazing. Next came all the different stories and then the characters and anime gave me something I didn't have with anything else especially American cartoons and that's being able to connect with the characters or find them or things going on to be very relatable. It has also sometimes helped get me through the day more so when I was younger or just get my mind off things for a while and it can put me in a better mood. The only other thing that effects me like that is when I listen to music.

Anime is nothing like American cartoons and like nothing else i've seen or experienced before. Anime is just so much better, deeper, fun, entertaining, relaxing, unique, interesting and well it's a lot of things.
    I don't watch much tv except for the sporting events that I like, but otherwise it's mostly anime as nothing else really interests me the way anime does and always will.

I never thought I would ever have connections to characters like this or with anime as a whole, but I certainly do enjoy it and I have no regrets.
    I always have something to look forward to when it comes to anime and I just love watching it and what it all brings with it. I really enjoy it and I want to watch it. I do actually like watching it and I don't see that changing ever. It's always going to have a special place with me I just simply love it and all the artwork that comes with it as well.

Cute and sexy anime girls is always nice to.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Everyone has their reasons why they watch anime. For some, it's all they watch. For some, it's a great way to escape the real world for a while. For some, because they just feel like it. For some, they identify with characters in anime. Etc, etc. The point is, no matter what your reason is, we watch anime because we love it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    You have a 8.17 mean score on MAL and you don't find amusement in most anime? Why rate them so high then. I have a 5.69, most of anything is always going to be average, that's how average is defined after all. Generally speaking the longer/more you watch anime the less good most anime will be. Once you see the same tropes, cliches, plot/plot twists, and voice actors a hundred times nothing seems as original. It's natural that the less you've seen the more likely you are to enjoy the majority of what you've watched.

7. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    Wait, what does the mean score mean?

8. TheRailgunSpark Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    When it comes to anime there's a lot to choose from and there's something for everyone to enjoy just like how everyone has there own reasons for watching or liking anime. For some people find motivation from anime in some form or way being creativity or working out or whatever it may be. Anime is a very interesting world to explore and can be quite the adventure at times.

It's impossible to like everything especially if you've been watching anime for years now, but yet you keep watching it anyway cause you want to and you still find it enjoyable or maybe just certain ones more than others. Either way you still like it and I know I always will.

9. TheRailgunSpark Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    The mean score is your average ranking for all anime on your list that you've rated so far. If the mean score is high then that means they enjoy most of the anime they watch and rank it pretty high most of the time. If it's lower like 5 or 6 then that means there enjoyment and rankings is more balanced between what they liked and what they didn't.

#29 TheRailgunSpark, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  10. Dave The Barbarian Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Well, I suppose the real questions are: Why do you watch anime?; Why do you continue to watch anime?; What makes you choose a series? (or at least this is what I am basing my response off of).

Why do I watch anime?
    - Relaxing mainly, nothing like escaping the drama's of the unpredictable real world, and retreating to the drama and feels of anime.
    - For the Feels (obviously).
    - Boobs and girls I can actually understand.
    - Those funny awkward moments that never happen in real life.
    - Fantasy
    - Soundtracks (opening, ending and instrumentals)
    - Story
    - Come on it's anime

Why do I continue to watch anime?
    - Well my friends are "at least" 20km away, along with shops, so it's fair to say I spend a lot of time at home with little to do.
    - With little social interaction, I find anime feels that void.
    - For the Feels.
    - To relax when I need it.
    - The stories are all different to a degree, and not to sound too stupid "Gotta know 'em all".
    - I'm at Uni, so I don't watch too much.

If I'm not gonna continue watching it, it's usually:
    - New series, and have to take a break to get the energy back for more emotional input.
    - Anime is not helping with the mood (depressing moments in anime suck!).
    - Busy with study or something.

What made me choose a series?
    - Was in recommendations.
    - Story line sounded interesting.
    - Character's looked awesome.
    - Boob scenes in the AMV looked good.
    - Took a break for too long just need to watch some fuckin anime.

I don't want to go on about it too much so there.

11. AngeloDaniele Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Good question. I agree with you're opinion.
    The reason why my mean score is so high, Hmm... I've tried putting it into a paragraph but I failed so instead I'll wright a list of reasons why:
    Lots of work goes into making an anime.
    If an anime gets a good response then a sequel is more likely to be made.
    If I liked it even a little then its a big deal for me because I usually feel numb.
    Leaving a bad score doesn't help anyone.
    I usually only watch anime I know I will like before I start it.

Back to the point you made about clichés, well your right.

I don't bring clichés into the balance when I rate an anime Aslong as it was a little amusing then I don't care if it's a cliché.

I hope that made a little sense.

12. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    In the past I probably felt that way, but being too forgiving does no one any favors either. There are shows that are truly appalling and don't deserve a sequel and there are anime that would of been a lot better without their sequel (Haganai and Clannad for examples). If a show you don't like much gets a sequel that could take away the chance for a show you do like to get a sequel.

I don't mind the cliches either, my point was that you realize shows are less and less original and easier to predict once you recognize all the usual tropes, which makes them more boring and I end up scoring them worse as a result.

Overall I feel like my score doesn't make a difference. I'm one out of thousands of people who scored any given show and generally the score I give is far from the show's average.

I see the rankings as

9-10 - a classic that does almost everything well
    7-8 - good to great
    5-6 - average
    3-4 - had some decent moments but overall bad
    1-2 - garbage

I'll give out a 1 or 2 pretty quickly now. I don't have a lot of tolerance for bathroom humor which will cause me to drop a show fast. A lot of shows are just boring and if I felt like I wasted my time watching it, it deserves a 1-3 at best.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AngeloDaniele Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I see. My ranking is more like this...

10 I could watch it again and still be very entertained (also requires an edge like a unique art style or storyline).
    9 I could watch it again and still be entertained.
    8 entertaining the first time.
    7 some episodes were entertaining.
    6 didn't find it any more entertaining than reality.
    5 started okay but became boring quickly due to unappealing art/storyline/characters.
    4 If I were in a better mood then I would have finished it, maybe.
    3/2 first episode was boring so I dropped it.
    1 I would know better than to watch an anime that would be this bad.

14. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    you madman

I watch a lot I expect to be decent and end up giving it a 1.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    I usually have to watch something all the way through. If I can't stand it, I drop it, simple as that. Like Chaos;Head, I dropped it because I didn't like the way it was going around in circles.

• Like Like x 1
  16. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I have to admit, I haven't really found anything else to watch that grips my interest as much recently. I literally cannot be bothered to finish an anime series anymore =/

17. AngeloDaniele Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    That's unfortunate. Do you plan to continue as normal or?

18. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Intrepidvoyage Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    To be honest i love watching anime because its great to escape reality once in a while :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I like the defining artwork of anime and the expressions. Also, I like the escape of media that is heavily influenced by American current events. Romance is also just different, in comparison to the American stuff.

Dumbest reasons:
    The boobs.

The butts.
    The boobs.
    The ecchi.

• Like Like x 2