Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Ovyda, May 8, 2013.

1. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Batosai wrote:
    Bakuman S1, S2 & S3 – 10/10

After 75 episodes of greatness, i finished it. I can easily say this is one of the very best animes i have ever seen. These authors created Death Note, which was a masterpiece and they surpassed themselves with Bakuman. It’s about 2 guys making mangas of their own. With them comes another bunch of authors who all make their own manga and these 2 real authors thought up ALL those ideas. I actually want to see atleast 5 of those mangas become a real anime because they seem so great.

Anyway, i enjoyed evry second of this anime and it had a perfect ending. I’m pretty sad it ended though. I was pretty addicted to it.

When I first heard about this anime it sounded dreadfully dull. It’s good to hear this praise though so I’ll keep that in mind.

When i first heard it i thought it was stupid. Judged by the name mostly though. But Ovyda forced me to watch it and despite a slow start, it became my 3rd favorite anime ever.

2. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Darker than Black - 9.3 [There are some spoilers, so don't read or read very carefully if you didn't watch yet or didn't finish yet]

Season 1 - 9
    The main reason why this anime is so good is because it started great and stayed great untill the end of season one. Never dropped quality in this season. Although i felt something missed to give it a 10, this was a masterpiece.

Season 2 - 8
    Less than season 1, but still a great season. Many people say this season ruined Darker than Black, but i disagree. Hei experienced some real shit and took the toll for it. He's older here too. I think Suou was a real addition to the awesome Darker than Black characters. I liked her alot. Mao still being there only made it better. Probably after Hei my favorite DTB character. Again this show missed something, which i don't know what it is, and the ending was strange and not very satisfying. Hoping one day we will see a season 3 because i still have some questions that should be answered.

Season 1.5 - 10
    Just watched this yesterday and today. A true masterpiece. The Darker than Black feelings were in it, and evrything confusing in season 2 was explained. The relationship between Hei and Yin was thorougly shown this time and in the end they shown what made Hei a long haired, anti-shaving, alcoholic, depressed guy. They even showed him as alcoholic in the end of the season. They also showed what happened to Yin and left evrything right for season 2. Unlike season 1 and 2, i didn't feel something missed.

Special episode - 10
    This one i watched a while ago and it was a side story from the real story. It was HILARIOUS. I laughed so hard and Mao was at his best here :D Gave it a 10 because of the enjoyment rate.

About the discussion of what to watch first, i'd say it's best to watch season 1.5 before season 2. Because i did have some real questions while watching season 2 which made it kinda confusing.

3. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Well I could rant something I suppose... have been a while.

One Outs 9/10
    Psychological and very unusual sports genre anime. The sport is baseball if someone couldn't understand from the title. I have seen two baseball anime before already, so it wasn't a big issue for me that One Outs wasn't really descriptive and focusing on the game rules in general. Actually they went with the baseball rules that aren't the most common in normal game. Don't get me wrong, all the rules and the whole anime is realistic and doesn't have any kind of super powers/supernatural stuff. Simply it showed the other side of the rules as well (what not to do).

The MC isn't typical one for sports anime as well. He's neither overpowered, nor starts as weakling and after lots of practice reaches the top. He's simply an average player, who barely ever loses at pitching. How come if he's just an average player? Well he's playing mind games. He intimidates, taunts and does basically everything to make the batter lose confidence/motivation in his batting, but doesn't break the rules either. Everything is legit. The psychological game he plays with the opponents is a must see thing even tho you aren't sports genre anime fan, you would probably enjoy this kind of anime if you like mind games.

Cat Shit One 8/10
    Well that was... wow! After reading the title, then looking at picture, reading synopsis and finding out that it's just an ONA, I really thought it will be crap. But how wrong I was! Only 22 minutes, but it was nowhere near enough for me. Rabbit unit (army theme) are in the war vs terrorists (camels) somewhere in the desert. Lots of action, swearing, killing, blood and even comedy is showed in just 22 minutes. It's really catching and entertaining. Worth a watch!

Break Blade 2 6/10
    I was medium drunk while watching this, so maybe I missed some important scenes/points, but overall I didn't enjoy as much as the first one as far as I remember lol. Just how BB1 had lots of action, the 2nd movie also following the same path. Again some magical powers (fantasy genre) are included in the story together with mecha. Actually mecha is the probably the most important thing in the series, so this "fantasy" addition is kinda off (not really necessary). Moreover, it's not even explained how, who, when, why and etc about the whole magic thing. Since I am not a mecha fan, just having tons of action is not enough for me to enjoy the series a lot. Might become better with the sequels tho when the shit is explained properly.

Grave of the Fireflies 8/10
    When I watched first time I was rather drunk and didn't really pay much attention to the movie. I believe this fact ruined the "feels" for me that everyone talks so much about. (Note: People say it's better in "feels" wise than Clannad Afterstory). Well when I was rewatching, I could clearly see why it's rated so high and why people mention "the feels" so much. However, since I kind of remembered some parts from the first time I watched, I knew the ending so it didn't really make me shed a tear. It did ache my heart a bit, it had definitely sad and depressing moments, but it's hard to get into when you know everything already. Still rated high because the story was well executed imo.

Berserk: The Golden Age Arc II 8/10
    I already liked the first one, but this one was even better. Full action pack + sex. Something definitely for me. It has one very feminine mc, one badass (GAR) mc and not the most feminine girl mc who does look good tho. Other chars aren't really getting much attention, but since it's a movie to retell the story of the series, it's satisfying. Not really much to say without spoiling. Simply lots of action, drama between mc's and rage/violence/sex/treason. Worth a watch imo.

4. GreatOak Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Strike Witches: 6/10
    meh

Eureka 7: 6/10
    meh

there's nothing else to really say, neither were bad, just neither of them were good either

5. Dcmac Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Koi Kaze: 9/10

It had some cheesy moments that made me shake my head, and the whole incest and age difference thing made it very uncomfortable to watch, but it handled everything in a mature manner. I genuinely felt for the characters even though I couldn't relate at all. I wanted them to find happiness despite the awkward feeling that would come along with it. It's certainly unique to me in that manner.

6. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Taishou Yakyuu Musume. (Subbed): 8/10
    I expected this series to stress me out tbh cause i personally can't stand sexism towards women at all (sexism towards men is fine btw, i revel in hypocrisy! = p) but there really isn't much in it at all. Instead we get a gentle yet very funny anime about a group of girls setting out to prove they can play baseball just as well as guys can. The artwork is bog standard and the end is... well it seems like they ran out of space really cause it just ends in a rather abrupt way but non-the-less it has a great cast of loveable characters whom are fairly well fleshed out and it is really really funny at times, this was one of those rare animes that had me laughing out loud (very loud at times) every episode.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Dubbed): 9/10
    This series is ridiculous from the get go and is a totally over the top, laugh out loud, action packed ride of an anime, which if that's what you're after i would say you'd be hard pushed to find anything better. It's dumb, there's very little intelligence in it at all actually, but it remains constantly fun and packed with stuff going on and the more you go a long that stuff gets more and more extreme. I also like how this anime is separated into 2 parts (altho you could go further and say it's actually in 4 parts) set 7 years apart allowing you to see the characters and how they've changed after they've freed the world, makes for some interesting viewing. On the negative side i would say that events right at the end is rubbish!
    Nia's death is totally cheep and absolutely pointless beyond trying to provoke a little extra emotion in the viewers right at the end. There's absolutely no real need for it and absolutely no one would have thought to call bullsh*t on it if she hadn't died.

Martian Successor Nadesico (Dubbed): 7/10
    I don't think i'm mistaken in thinking that this is a parody on the whole Mecha/Sci-Fi anime genre. This anime is just filled with jokes and never really does serious at any point. Still it is very funny and i was laughing constantly thruout, and it seems to me that there may have even been some ad-libbing from the English VA cast. Unfortunately a series that's constantly making jokes and pointing and laughing at it's own ridiculousness and flaws makes it very hard to take the plot seriously and that coupled with an end which is the most abrupt i've ever encountered forced me to lower the score from a "happy and laughing" 8 to an "enjoyable" 7.

Girls und Panzer (Subbed): 9/10
    My first rewatch of this anime has led me to raising my rating from it's original 8 to 9. Extremely enjoyable is this! I love the characters, i love the humour, i love the setting, i love the tournement and i LOVE the tanks! Any anime that can make me sequel with joy at the antics of a inanimate object, such as a tank, and then shout out "Awww!" when it get's blown up is a damn fine anime in my opinion! I will be buying this anime on DVD/Blueray!

I believe the only reason i had marked it down to an 8 on my original viewing was probably down to the fact the fan subber had his head up his arse and wanted to show off far too much that he knows German as well as English and Japanese to the point where i was shouting out at least once or twice an episode "What does that mean?!".

The Sacred Blacksmith (Subbed): 8/10
    If you want to make a story where you have a strong female lead who also needs to be rescued from time to time then take notes from this anime for it does it really well! I found this to be a very compelling watch with a good cast of characters, good action scenes and an interesting setting. The only failings i would say is that the plot is a tad common place and the villain is beyond 2 dimensional having the very oldest (and stupidest) motivation for wanting to destroy the world there is.

World Destruction: Sands of Destruction (Subbed): Dropped
    I tried to get thru this series and while it wasn't by any means bad it just couldn't hold my interest at all. While i found the main character of Morte interesting and i wanted to learn more about her background as well as what she would ultimately choose to do at the end i couldn't get on with the setting at all (i almost instantly lost interest in this anime the second i saw this world and it's population) and i found the other main character of Kyrie seriously annoying and rather pathetic. Still i reckon that if it had held my interest (if it catered just a little bit more to my tastes) then i may have found it to be a rather good anime.

Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They? (Subbed): 9/10
    Why the heck is this series only 10 episodes long?! Seriously! The setting for this anime has almost limitless potential and had it been given a full series i reckon it would have been an absolutely epic watch but as it is it's just excellent. Great characters and fantastic action are one thing but it really is the world they've provided us with that has the most potential in this anime, and not only that the story grants us the ability to watch a community being built up from next to scratch which i also find a very compelling prospect. I hope, i truly hope, that this anime gets another series in the future because as it stands it's very unfinished and there is sooo much more that can be done with it!

7. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    @blurredexistence I completely agree on what you said in the spoiler regarding Gurren Lagann. The show at that point was so over the top I felt that the part in question was a flat, weak, and hard to accept moment for the entire anime. It was almost like a "what was it all for?" feeling which really bugs me to this day.

Martian Successor was really funny. My favorite character was Ruru? Ruri? I forgot her name but she was always calling everyone on the ship idiots and was always breaking the forth wall by telling you, the audience, how she ever got in that position.

You seen a few others I plan to watch so I'll keep your opinions in mind.

8. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - 10/10

The setting of this anime is prison. It's one of the darkest animes i have ever seen, yet it's also one of the lightest. How is this possible? You'll have to watch it to understand.

Amazing series that shows the power of true friendship. You'll be guarenteed to feel happy, sad, satisfied, grossed out and you might even shed a tear at times.

I enjoyed evry single episode of this anime. I can't say any more without spoiling. I'll wait untill the discussion thread to do that.

9. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Spirited Away 10/10
    I have no excuse why it took me so long to watch it... It is indeed a long movie, but totally worth your time. Probably one of those anime series/movies that is a must watch to everyone who watches anime.
    The setting (a girl suddenly found an entrance to a fantasy world) isn't really special or unique in any way. However, the whole storyline is totally one of a kind. I have never seen such flawless and beautiful combination of art, animation, story, music and characters considering the date it aired (2001). Furthermore, there is no particular antagonist and to be honest it works out for the better! Lots of greedy and arrogant characters (just like in real life), but deep inside their heart everyone has a piece of friendliness. It's just amazing how well the storyline was written... Lastly, I watched it in dubs and I must say... one of the best dubs I have ever heard. Yes, even better than those Japanese people pull up. Truly astonishing voice acting job done by the Americans (most likely), especially Chihiro's voice was lovable and like a music to my heart and ear. I fell in love with that voice... Just perfection!

Not going into deeper matter anymore. Simply put - BEAUTIFUL!

10. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Reposting this from the Anime Cafe. And for anyone who hasn't watched, I don't put spoilers into my reviews.

Rainbow : Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin – Seven teenagers in 1955 have to learn to live together in the same hold in the reformatory of Shio. Confined in a hall where suffering and humiliation are daily, they are waiting for a ray of hope in a dark, incarcerating world. The story follows their life together and how they move on afterwards.

Shortly after beginning this anime I quickly realized this was going to be an amazing ride. As I eagerly finished one intense episode after another all I could think was, “This is spectacular.” This anime is the epitome of what friendship actually means. It characterizes their selfless dedication through countless acts of selflessness and sacrifice to help each other. It shows real dedication amongst the characters which solidified their bonds of friendship through these terrible experiences. Rainbow elegantly executes a good combination of drama and suspense which really brings you into the roles of these characters.

The plot immerses us into a central focus on seven characters that are all being reprimanded for their respective crimes and sent to a correctional institute. Little did they know upon entering that they would soon be facing more horrifyingly appalling treatment than they could ever conceive. Some being a lot less fortunate than others. The story takes place in 1955, no more than a decade after World War II, at a point where Japan is still in economic and social reconstruction. The story’s progression carried on at a decent pace, perpetually strug through the stories morbid atmosphere. The extremely emotional situations and manner in which the brutality carried allowed you to become overly attached to these characters which were steadily developing in the most harsh physical conditions. Eventually turning from hostile and cold with each other to more open and understanding. The post WWII setting is one that has been overused a lot in older anime but having a lot of the focus revolve around the correctional facility gave this standard setting an almost original twist. A slight bit foreseeable on occasion but then again not too many anime can retain that enigmatic quality. Few shows actually leave me guessing and while this particular series was rather remarkable, it ranked high in the area of predictability.

The art style was executed exceptionally well, it’s done by Madhouse afterall. It had heavy dark tones for the entirety of the show and appeared to be devoid of any bright colors, relying mainly on heavy shading, blacks and deep blues. Nothing spectacular but definitely something that fit with the setting and situations they were presented with.

The soundtrack at times was accompanied with an ominous vibe, carrying the seriousness of whatever somber event was taking place. And at other times when focus was shifted towards the main characters the tone would begin picking up. Decent voice acting amongst the cast. Romi Paku who voiced Maeda Noboru also did Ganta from Deadman Wonderland. Hearing that reminiscent tone in the characters voice, especially in this similar situation was ringing a certain stroke of familiarity.

Final thoughts. Rainbow takes you through a gripping story of personal growth and friendship. A arduous struggle between a close group of people that will constantly leave you on the edge of your seat begging for the next episode. This is a must see for anyone seeking a great suspenseful drama. Just be prepared for a wild ride of nonstop emotional magnificence that doesn’t falter for one moment. I give this awe-inspiring creation a 9/10

11. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Nice review spor.
    So I finished Innocent Venus today and I got to say I really liked this one. The short 12 episodes was full of action that looked pretty cool with the CG stuff. It also showcased a twisting plot that grabbed my attention from the beginning. The story of former spec ops soldiers running away with a mysterious girl may sound typical but I thought it was done very well here. Along the way they meet a pirate crew with a past, former comrades from the spec ops called Phantom, and a rebellious country led by a leader trying to break off from the military.

Not everything was interesting however, some pointless characters were a minor hindrance to the anime (that monkey boy of a kid was slightly annoying). Also the politics of the nations involved struck me as being very flat. These are only minor gripes though since the anime was mostly about escaping from the clutches of Phantom and the military, and discovering the secrets of the mecha that they pilot.

The mecha look like big power suits slightly larger then humans. They are quite important to the story and the mystery behind them aren't really revealed until the end. This was a pretty strong part of the anime that I thought really gave it a different feel from other mecha shows.

Overall a definite 8 out of 10 from almost start to finish. A consistent anime that is short at 12 episodes and to the point. Give it a shot.

12. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Damn... After reading Spor's review I don't want to write one anymore although I was determined to do it... But it will look so bad compared to his since my vocabulary isn't rich enough :(

13. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    You should still write one. I like reading your opinions on shows.

14. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    A review should contain words such as...

Incarcerating, selflessness, Doomguy, perpetually, morbid, Doomguy, enigmatic, spectacular, ominous, Doomguy, reminiscent, gripping, arduous, and...Doomguy.

Oh what's that? These are Spor's words? Oh? Spor is missing 4 of the ones I picked? I guess Spor isn't a master yet :)

15. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another backlog of anime rating's comin' up.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Dubbed): 9/10
    I watched this after putting it off for the longest time for the first time a few weeks ago and i found it to be one heck of an epic ride! A gripping story, with a vast and interesting cast of characters and a constant sense of tension. The art style is visually compelling and the VA cast for the dub is fantastic! Only two negitives stopped me from rating this a perfect 10: 1. The show peaks emotionally very early one, i'm talking episode 4 of this 64 episode series. After the events of that episode just nothing in the series managed to hit home emotionally in such a powerful way being so absolutely overshadowed by it as they were. 2. The end is a bit too silly in a sense. The villain just keeps getting back up to fight so more one to many times and one of the character's deaths is just way way way too cartoony to have any other emotional impact than to make you laugh shouting out "this is so silly!".

Strawberry Panic (Subbed): 9/10
    My third rewatch of this Yuri anime and i have to say it's possibly my favourite of the genre. I can't claim that it's high brow or anything and the plot itself is very very common in Shoujo Ai but it has an extensive cast of very lovable and cute characters and manages to deliver it's story in a both entertaining and touching way. If you like Yuri, or at the very least are interested in it, this is a must watch series.

Angelic Layer (Dubbed): 8/10
    Until i watched Saki for the first time i had absolutely zero interest in any animes in the "sports" genre but now i am positively constantly on the hunt for anything and everything that has some sort of tournament dynamic to it and Angelic Layer is one such anime. I wouldn't say that this is an outstanding anime, in many respects it is pretty average, but the cast is very likeable and the competition is very entertaining and my rating is a reflection of just how entertained i was by this anime.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (Subbed): 7/10
    This anime, i believe, is an example of something trying to be much smarter than it actually is. It starts off with a very interesting concept and thruout the series tries to tackle many complex and serious issues, ie. the nature of mankind and their need for conflict or how greed isn't necessarily a bad thing, however it constantly over simplifies and it's delivery is always wrapped up in it's moeness or a high level of idealism, in fact while it's world is presented to be largely corrupted by the greed and selfishness of man a large majority of the cast encountered by the main characters are idealistic on a supremely high level, that just makes it hard to take it seriously. I also had a pretty big issue with the end of this series but it's been so long since i watched it i've completely forgotten what it was. Overall however i'd say there is a fair bit of potential in this world and it's story. Despite it's problem the concept remained interesting till the end and it can all be improved upon pretty easily, and hopefully they will do so should this anime get a second series.

Yuru Yuri♪♪ (Subbed): 9/10
    A simply hilarious anime this! I thought the first series was funny but this almost made me wet myself i was laughing so much at the antics thruout. If you haven't watched Yuru Yuri at all yet i seriously recommend it (if you like this sort of comedy that is (think Lucky Star/Azumanga Dioh/Kill Me Baby)), the first series is an 8 but this is a definite 9!

Zettai Bouei Leviathan (Subbed): Dropped
    Before i started this anime i read somewhere that this was basically an ad for a game on the iPhone/iPad and that may have coloured my perception of it. This isn't necessarily a bad anime but it isn't well written enough for me to have stood watching all 12 episodes without coming away thinking that i had absolutely wasted my time, so i stopped after 4. The only positive i can say about it for sure is that the main characters a likeable enough but unfortunately from the conversations they have to the situations they find themselves in it all stinks of poor writing that may fly for the wee kiddies but it doesn't for someone my age.

Appleseed XIII (Dubbed): 6/10
    My views on this anime are very much coloured by the movies and that is probably to it's detriment. First off there are a number of changes that don't line up between the movies and this series, for example Deunan's mother's story is completely different, and i can only assume this is to make the series more in line with the manga otherwise it makes absolutely no sense, so i'm putting those to the side having not yet read the manga myself, i'm just going to assume that's the case and so that isn't a part of why i've scored so lowly. Rather it's the artwork, which takes a massive step back from those in the films, Deunan's change in personality, becoming much darker but in a sort of whiney emotional way rather than the cool way, the constant popping up of this weird stained glass/greek artwork in the middle of scenes, which i guess is them trying to be artistic or something but it's just distracting, and a villian who's motivations are... retarded. I managed to get all the way thru the series rather enjoying myself, i was going to give it a 7 saying it's flawed but entertaining, and then it just lost my interest completely right at the end.

Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing (Subbed): 8/10
    Did you enjoy Last Exile? Well you'll enjoy this sequel cause it's essentially got the exact same plot! For that reason and the fact that the antagonist's plan makes NO SENSE WHAT-SO-EVER!!! (seriously at the end i was completely baffled by what the feck he was trying to achieve or why he had done any of it!) made me rate this series 1 point lower than the first. But yeah this is the Last Exile all over again, which is good cause i really enjoyed that anime.

Mysterious Girlfriend X (Subbed): 9/10
    This anime i had completely different expectations for than how it actually turned out. I thought it was going to be a sort of supernatural mystery thing but it turns out to be a rather simple and sweet, if at times a bit quirky, romance comedy and it does all that exceptionally well. I really really loved this anime and i was so compelled by both it's story and characters that i watched thru the whole of it in just one night. One word of warning tho, if you have an issue with people touching and/or consuming other people's siliva then maybe give this a miss, the author must have had a serious drool fetish to have made it as central to the story as it is.

16. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    @Blurredexistence does the last exile one require prior knowledge or is it more of a stand alone sequel? I really enjoyed the adventure like atmosphere of the first one. Reminds me of my dream to be a fighter pilot when I was a kid .

17. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Blurredexistence does the last exile one require prior knowledge or is it more of a stand alone sequel? I really enjoyed the adventure like atmosphere of the first one. Reminds me of my dream to be a fighter pilot when I was a kid .

@Doomguy: Umm... it may be a tad confusing at the start when it comes to where they are and when they are if you can't remember. BUT there is an OVA recap that covers all of what happened in the first series very well. I think it slots in somewhere around episode 15 (and it's the second of the OVA recap pair for the second series).

18. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    OK then thanks. Welcome back too it's been a while since you posted here and I thought maybe you finally had it with me. In response I shall now act as a civilised person with no apparent psychological disorder.

Destroy Shinji! Oh wait wrong thread.

19. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK then thanks. Welcome back too it’s been a while since you posted here and I thought maybe you finally had it with me. In response I shall now act as a civilised person with no apparent psychological disorder. Destroy Shinji! Oh wait wrong thread.

Nah man, i've just be so busy that the only time free i've had at night has been occupied purely by watchin' the anime (as you can see above), no time at all for talkin' about it aside from the odd post here and there on FB when i'm at work. Also no need to be hidin' it man, we're all psychological smegheads here ain't we? I mean i thought that's why i fit in so well with this community! ;)

20. M-theoria Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Spice and wolf (dubbed) 9/10:

I stumbled upon this anime purely by chance but have never been more presently surprised by an anime in my entire life. The story, the setting, the characters; were all so different to what is normally found in anime. The exploration of issues at the time such as the presence of the church, and the evil of human greed help to give some real meat to the story beyond its romantic charms. The character Holo certainly steals the show, she's witty, funny and a little bit flirty however never completely overshadows Lawrence and the chemistry between the two always feels organic and is never boring.

Lawrence however I feel is the real base of the entire story, he is what links the relationship of Holo and himself with the economic elements of the show, being a business and commerce student I found the business elements all the more intriguing and probably easier to understand (a criticism I sometimes see about the series).  Presentation wise the show is very good, the lack of action scenes means the background artists were really allowed to show off their talent and you always get the feeling that the world you're in is vast and unexplored.

Overall the only major criticism I have about the show is the ending, Im a stickler for closure to any story and just dropping the story off on a cliff hanger the way they did rubs quite raw with me and what really prevents me (no matter how much i want to) from giving it a 10/10, however I think it annoys me more simply because they left it open for a third season but never delivered and I loved this anime so much that I just wanted to see more (and consequently I have since ordered all the light novels). I was thoroughly enraptured by this show and despite it being almost 5 years since it ended I shall forever hope that a third season might one day happen.

*As a side note I highly recommend the dub as this is a dialogue heavy anime and the english voice actors were sensational.