Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

QOTD

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Sporadic, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Sure it is. Can't you try resetting it? You know your still in the chat, I believe it was live:urstalka or at least that is what I always see it as.

I'm all for new VAs but they have to be decent at least. The smallest character in Mikakunin has a grating voice, I hope she bloody gets better for everyones sake.

2. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I could try that. but I'm having too much fun with my new dual monitors.

They're not gonna be decent first off, unless it's Risa Taneda.

3. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    And... finally around to catchup on all dis...

First of all, Sunday's question: Describe your current surroundings.

Now, to business.

What was the last holiday you discovered?
    Ummm... awks... This morning on Facebook, Kay found that May 9th is Brazil's "Orgasm Day"... XD

What was the last film you saw (Theaters, DVD/Bluray, TV)?
    Avengers: Age of Ultron. Kay and I didn't approve of what they did to Black Widow, and I didn't like how they portrayed Ultron to be this snarky mass-murderer with delusions of grandeur, rather than his normal, cold, logical robot, wanting to destroy humanity to protect it from itself. In other news, WAKANDA!!!! BLACK PANTHER CONFIRMED!!

Have you seen a shooting/falling star?
    Not in memory.

Do you play any instruments?
    I used to be learning piano? Kinda get bored each time I play though, and haven't done so in quite a while.

What is your favourite anime opening as of right now?
    Can't pick an absolute favourite out of my faves, but my fave recent one is definitely Death Parade's "Flyers"~ Boom boom boom~

If you could change one thing about this site what would it be?

What are your plans for this week?
    Labs, lectures, etc. Also need to go shopping, and buy my mum a birthday present.

Who are your favourite actors?
    Off the top of my head, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Junior, Robin Williams, Rowan Atkinson.

What's the current web browser you're using right now?
    Google Chrome.

Whats the most recent word/s you wrote by hand?
    "Be able to describe." (Was taking notes in molecular bio catchup today)

What colour is the dress to you?
    Blue and gold. I find it weird how everyone else sees half of what I see. (Shit, there goes my inner hipster...)

If you could have any profession you wanted, what would it be?
    Since the start of year twelve, I've been stuck on what career path I should go for. Recently, however, I noticed that I take much enjoyment out of teaching classmates and friends of the stuff I've learned. I'm gonna ask my dad and my old teachers on Facebook what it's like being a teacher.

What's the last thing you bought online?
    An Ene bag strap for me, some Attack on Titan Alpacassos for a friend's birthday, and some cat design tights for Kay.

What is the last thing that you learned that surprised you?
    That when d-electrons absorb light to raise their energy state, it's the light that they didn't absorb that we see as colour, and NOT the energy emitted as the d-electrons relax back to ground state. My various units at uni keep contradicting eachother.

You are now married to the main female of the last anime you watched. Who is it?
    At the time this was asked, I think what I'd last seen of was Nisemonogatari, so Hanekawa is obviously main girl. Aside from the marriage part, Kay and I are okay with this.
    Now, however, the last I watched was Kiseijuu. So, HanaKana girl?

How do you call your siblings? like do you call them by name or by nickname?
    Names for my little brother include "Oi!" "Ya git!" and his actual name, "Shaeden."

What was the last anime you decided to watch because someone recommended it for you?
    Either Baccano! or Dog Days.

What's your favourite non-digital game?
    Board game = Monopoly.
    Card game = Bullshit/Cheat.
    Other game = Twister (a result of anime camp. Some Twister Human chess game was in organised activities, and then Kay and I decided to play drunk Twister later that night. Was much funs~ I kept choosing the most awkward-to-reach positions possible to make Kay fall over due to my taking advantage of my flexible joints~)

What are the last TV series both animated and non-animated that you finished.
    Animated: Death Parade.
    Non-animated: ... ... hahaha I haven't watched entirety of something non-animated in I don't know how long...

Are the lights on at where you are staying right now?
    Yes, 8pm.

When was the last time you went for a walk simply because you went for a walk instead of any particular reason?
    Well, I went for a walk around the block the other weekend 'cause I needed to clear my head from the mammoth genetics assignment.

Can you read on lips and if so, how much do you do?
    Not really. I sometimes struggle to read what words people are silently implying at me.

How was your St. Patric's day?
    Didn't even know it was on until someone commented late that day.

What was the last thing you bought?
    A mop, a spare key, a pot of cat grass, three plastic pots, three plastic pot saucers, a watering can, two miniature greenhouses with seeds and soil (catnip and lettuce), and a clothes airer. From Bunning's Warehouse.

What kind of trips do you prefer (e.g. going to resorts)?
    Yup, resorts. I need mah power and internet. Camping in caravan parks is also partially acceptable.

What's the last thing you've taken apart?
    Does my phone count? To change its battery?

How wide is the monitor of the PC/Laptop you are using currently?
    15.6" says the sticker on the corner of my laptop.

When was the last time you did any yard work in your backyard?
    Errr... I put some dead branches and shit in the green bin the other month?

What the last dream you remember having?
    Let's see... I somehow found some portal that takes you back in time a few decades, and then a bunch of my highschool friends found it too. One of them suddenly felt a little ill, so went home, and the other all ran off ahead. When I caught up, they had all gone into this haunted house ride thing that had actual threat of death. As I ran in after them, the doorman said that people's main mistake was lowering their guard in the rooms that looked normal.
    I ran up some stairs, dodging some killers, and then Renji from Bleach was there, giving me a menacing look (which Kay says is his normal face) but dream me knew it was intent to kill, so I grabbed him by his hair, flung him over the rail to the floor below, breaking his neck. I kept running, and found a pair of scissors to use as a weapon. I then came across a normal-looking room, and heeded the doorman's words, stepping out of the room a little. To my not-surprise, the room had a number of red worms crawling around inside, camoflaged in the decor. I knew they'd eat me with acid or something, so I used my scissors to cut one in to bits, but it kept crawling, 'cause it was made out of those jelly snake things. I promptly decided to just run through the room, and didn't get any worms on me.
    I then started parcouring around on the support beams of the mansion-style rooms, like in Assassin's Creed, and made it to where my friend recently were. They'd gone in like the zombie maze thing, but one of them had just come out, and took my scissors to go in and save them. I for some reason started eating this giant panadol tablet, and then woke up.

Other than that, the reason of my asking this question was that my dream then was @SupernaturalKnight, @Sir-Maddy, and I were having this meetup. SK was running late or something, so Maddy and I started chatting, and she had much better taste than usual, participating in a lengthy discussion about Blade Kitten, and how she loved it and had a fig of Kit Ballard.

When was the last time you were overwhelmed?
    Haha... ha... haha... Uni life ftw?...

What's your favorite beverage to have with a meal?
    Water, lemonade, orange soft drink, hot chocolate, or red wine. It depends on the meal.

Describe your capital city in 1 word.
    "Weather."
    Like, that's the local thing. Melbourne weather can be sunny one moment and raining blood the next.

What was the last anime you began?
    Dungeon ni Diea or whatever it's called.

How much chocolate have you consumed today? ("Today" being the day of chocolate)
    On the Day of Chocolate, I consumed surprisingly very little. For once, I didn't even have chocolate for breakfast...

What's the screen size on the device you're on right now?
    As above; 15.6"

With whats been going on recently in the assylum, what do you guys think of the "SK x Mafia" escapade?
    I personally am finding it a thrilling venture and cannot wait for the next instalment. :D

Do you have any chocolate left over from easter?
    Yup. Most of it I think. Two chocolate hens, a number of small eggs, a large bunny, some medium-sized eggs, and some small Ferrero Rocher rabbits.

Have you been to a con, and if so, what did you do?~
    Supanova!~!~ Bought lots of loots. Photo'd a number of cosplays. Took in the atmosphere.

What was the last anime you were forced to put on hold?
    Kiseijuu. Stalled it a few months ago due to busy schedule.

When was the last time you celebrated a birthday for anyone?
    Kay's birthday a couple of months ago. She had her friends over, and we ate food and cake and played videogames and Cards Against Humanity.
    One of the best combos of the night:
    "_____. Kid tested, mother approved."
    An Oedipus complex.

What's the last drink that you made? Like, ranging from cordial to fancy alcoholic drinks.
    Don't particularly make myself drinks much apart from tea. The last thing I remember, and the reason for asking this question, is I made something called a "Chocolate Maple Moo" (how fitting, given my username, right?~) It's like, the most delicious milkshake I've ever consumed!!

Do you usually procrastinate?
    Yup. I try to not though.

How do you eat your apples? do you peel them? slice them? combination of the two?
    A minimum of peeling, and usually sliced. I can't stand any fruit or vege skin; it tastes so bad and my teeth hurt at the texture. I gag at the thought.

What was the last movie you saw in cinemas?
    As above; Avengers: Age of Ultron.
    [​IMG]

What's your ideal superpower, and why?
    Energy manipulation. It would make me even more of a god. Being able to absorb/redirect any attack made at me, perform alchemy, read minds by monitoring nerve impulses, the list goes on.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Man

What's the last game you've played?
    Either Love Live, Hex Cells, or XCOM.

Have you voluntarily broke a liquor glass for no reason?
    Nope.

When was the last time you bought something for someone else?
    I payed for lunch out yesterday?

What's the most recent problem you've had with technology?
    Turnitin. My uni's "Check your own work for plagiarism" program. I write a genetics report all by myself, and it says that 20% was plagiarised...

What was the last anime you begun and is it worth it?
    Dungeon thingy thing. Yup, loving the RPG elements, and all the mythology references~~ (Especially Greek)

Zoomies.

4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    They have to be, you have to make a good first impression and in an industry where your voice matters so much you'd think they'd have to start off at least being decent.

I'm getting freaked out by Mafia now. Goodbye community, it has been a fun 3 and a half years.
    What did we even look like considering you've not met either of us before? Were we a blur or a shadowy figure of some kind?

This is why I'm freaked. I get a bad feeling from his choice of the word "instalment"

5. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Oh yes voice does matter in an anime. I just finished Nanoha ViVid episode 6 and 80% of the dialogue belonged to Nakahara, needless to say it was beautiful.

Is it time to cry in our respected corners.

6. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sunday: I'm in a small room, a bed behind me, a window to my right with curtains open, dresser to my left, a shelf with a butt ton of video games behind that, a guitar and amp sit in the corner, the walls are covered with posters from my favorite bands and maps from TES games, a replica of the Master Sword and Hylian Shield from The Legend of Zelda hangs on the wall behind me, in front of me is a desk, a 22" monitor, Starcraft 2 mousepad, mouse, speakers, some Gundam, Megaman, and other anime figures.

7. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    What, what was Sunday's question?

8. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    It might just be that time, who knows how long we have left before he comes for us.

My small bedroom with covered in dust that I haven't changed anything in for over 3 years. Pretty much once something is placed there is stays there so it looks the same to me as it did when we moved here a 4-5 years ago.

9. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    Monday's question:
    How's the weather?

i was about to ask, as I did last year, what you did for mother's day, biu then I remembered @Mafiacow doesn't believe in mothers, so I decided against it.

10. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Cover yer anus

Sunday: Sitting in front of two monitors with mai waifu fig in front of me.

11. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Sunday: Cold room, laptop on a dining table with a red plastic tablecloth. Cheap speakers on either side. Various books and papers scattered across table. Clothes drying on a hanger on other side of table. Decorations still up to make the place look better after Kay's b'day. Whiteboard behind me of things I need to do. Small heater by my feet. Room to the right has my TV in the closest corner, couch a couple of metres away, and Kay playing Sims 3 on the floor with my other laptop.

Monday: Cold. Was raining earlier.

Nyahahahahaha~
    Blurry I guess. Like, I could see perfectly clearly, but would have no memory of it. You guys could have kept morphing your faces and it wouldn't have made a difference.

Teehee~

And why would I? I don't believe in Santa or the Tooth Fairy either. :p

Pics?

12. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    @Mafiacow that cards against humanity combo still has me cracking up! As does this

enhanced-buzz-11317-1379708919-14.jpg

Monday - hot & windy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Prince Raven Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i would run around naked and watch anime

14. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Donate $10 and I shall give you pics.

Monday, it's cold and windy.

15. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0

In the chem labs, we get to use naptime a whole bunch. Also in the gen labs, so that we can study flies much more easily, "for as long as we need to."

Why?

Update on Monday: It was hailing a bunch today.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Otaku Anime Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Aughh, why are there gifs of Anime women doing sexual things???? No offence or anything but WTF????

17. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Cause muh privacy.

2D >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3D

18. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Psshh. Link to fig at least?

19. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    You can see me in the glass' reflection.
    [​IMG]

20. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Maddy posting pics of her merch again, here I was expecting a huge Rena somewhere.

Fridays question : What is the weirdest piece of news you've heard recently? It can be anything from anywhere.

I saw today that an intoxicated man in America had turned himself in for killing his imaginary best friend Mr Happy. The article stated that he stabbed him before dismembering and burying him in the backyard. The man was crying saying that he deserved the death penalty for killing Mr Happy.
    Due to this, his residence was investigated and he was charged with weapon and drug related offences.
    I laughed too hard at this article but I can't seem to find it in my history to share it with everyone.