Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

QOTD

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Sporadic, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    My stuffed hippo must be 17 by now. It was supposed to be a gift to my older sister but there was no way I was letting grandma give it to her lol. We're still joking about that in my family today.

2. ozzie13rule Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My gold necklace, I got it when I was 2. This thing is on it's 3rd generation dating back to almost 50 years ago

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    My cat who is 18.5 years old and my Grumpy Carebear that I received in 1983.

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Saturday's question.

If you could meet any person (dead or alive) who would it be?

5. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    First people that come to mind:
    Either Julia Gillard to tell her that I think she's doing a great job, or Tony Abbott to tell him what a f***ing d***head he is. ;)

6. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    George Washington and the rest of the founding fathers. I want to ask what their opinion is of the world today.

7. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Sunday's Question: What do you do full time? Are you a professional hobo *cough*Imeanstudent*cough*? Otherwise, what do you do for work?

8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I'm an EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer currently working in applications development.

9. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    For me to be up at this hour, there must be a clear disturbance in the time plane. (Hint: I need to start a bunch of downloads going at midnight so I can make full use of my internet before it resets in a day)
    Ahem. I finished school a little over six months ago, yet the only work that I've managed to secure is Caturday. I spend each Caturday cleaning up cat mess at a local cattery, nya.

10. KalebK Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am a full time Line cook on an Island restaurant, as well as a part time manager at a KFC.

Monday's Question:

Given a time frame of  6 months, and a budget relative to the size of your town, lets say $10 a month per a person of your towns population, you are tasked with making at least one major improvement upon the town you live in.  What is your first course of action?

You do not have to say the name of your town, but use your current place of residence, or if you are not in a town, the closest town within your county.

11. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    We need to repair the roads here. Being over 100 degrees Farenheit for half the year, the asphault literally dries up and crumbles. You can't drive to work without hitting a major pothole and ruining your car's alignment. It is everyone's complaint who lives here but there is never enough money to fix it all, especially outside city limits.

12. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Where I live, there is literally NOTHING. There apparently was a milk bar years and years ago, but it was apparently demolished to make room for a steiner school. The closest shops of any kind are about 10 minutes away by car.
    So my improvement project would be to demolish the steiner school and put up a milk bar or service station. If there's anything left in the budget after that, I'd put it into setting up optic fibres to prepare our area for the NBN.

13. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Bah, stupid reply system limit. I don't even know how to access it properly. I have to go into my activity thing to see the replies. How are you guys doing it?
    What is a milk bar? a steiner school?

Milk bar? You don’t have them? It’s like a little general store type thing. They’re pretty much miniature supermarkets that also sell fast food and milk shakes and stuff.
    A steiner school… I think it’s sort of like a glorified day care. From what I hear, they just let the kids do whatever, and it’s considered an education. It’s a complete waste of space considering there’s a normal primary school just a few hundred metres away from the place.

!!!!! NONO NO Stiener schools are great schools, (this is coming from a teacher btw) stiener schools allow for a different teaching method that works a lot better for some kids than the usual state educational system. to tear it done would be condemning more kids to normal schooling

Well did they HAVE to tear down our ONLY store to build it?
    And I just had a quick word with my dad (who's a teacher too), and he said that while he doesn't really have anything against them, he said that they're pretty much only for a VERY specific niche.

14. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    A new highschool. You see, there is over 1500 students in my school including myself. Our school can only hold between 500-900 people. Because of that, our education suffers due to funding mostly going into infrastructure.

15. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    simple question wednesday!

what is your zodiac sign?

me is pisces.

16. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    I'm on the last day of this guy ;)

17. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I'm water-lady. You know, Aquarius.

18. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I'm a sea goat.

19. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I'm the bloody scales, thats all well and good I guess but I haven't seen one example of them that doesn't make it look absolutely hopeless when compared to the other signs symbols. And Fairy Tail didn't even show the Libra key, its sad really.

20. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I’m the bloody scales, thats all well and good I guess but I haven’t seen one example of them that doesn’t make it look absolutely hopeless when compared to the other signs symbols. And Fairy Tail didn’t even show the Libra key, its sad really.

I'm a Libra, too. I never would've figured you for Libra as they are snobby, social butterflies. You fit the fairness and weighing sides of the argument part though.