Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

PS3 CONTROLLER ANALOG LAG?

Discussion in 'Tech Temple' started by Metazoxan, May 31, 2015.

1. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Okay so today I was trying to play skyrim but when I loaded it up my character barely moved and the camera would hardly move either. I also couldn't get it to run as if I'd click the L2 button and it didn't respond. I read that issues might show up on Skyrim when the save file size starts to get big.

But after messing around a bit the camera started to move a bit normally and while the character still didn't move well they moved better. Although the run still wouldn't respond. So I tried putting in KH II Final mix and he doesn't seem to want to run either although he walks normally just fine and the camera is fine.

Lastly I tried Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD and I forget what his run looked like but I don't think he was running but straffing with the L2 button seemed to work fine.

So did Skyrim screw up my PS3 controller and if so how do I fix it? Or Is both Skyrim AND my controller's Analog Sensitivity acting up? If it's my controller's Sensitivity acting up then is there a way I can fix it or is waiting until I can get a new one my only hope?

2. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    If the problem happens on more than one game, then the chances are is that your controller probably is broken. I don't think there is a service for repairing them, unless you can find someone on the internet, or near you to fix it for you. If I were you, I would just buy a new controller.

3. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you're having problems in more than just Skyrim, it is definitely a problem with the controller. Either the analog stick is broken or there could be a calibration issue. Do you sometimes keep the analog sticks pushed in a certain direction during the PS3's boot phase? If so, you can try restarting the system and avoid pushing on any of the sticks during the boot phase of the system, then try plying the games again to see if you get better results. Other than that, I'm not sure what else you could do besides buying a new controller. The chances of finding someone that can fix the controller (without it costing the same price or more as a brand new one at least) is extremely small. The only support Sony will even offer for fixing the controller is the default manufacturer's warranty, if purchased from them and the issue happens within the valid warranty period.

4. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I see. Well it was worth asking at least. Is there anywhere I could get one online cheapter than $25? THe best I've been able to really find was about that and the only think chapter was a cheap knock off that was almost all one star reviews saying how shitty it was.

5. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you can get it at $25 from a reputable source, go for it. It's normally $55 brand new and $45 used (GameStop pricing). Check NewEgg's (PS3 Accessory) for prices too. Sometimes you can find prices that are a steal.