Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

~portum Arcanum

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Miss Elegent Serenity, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    OOT: Papa is a muffin

"Okay." Lilly says taking the clothes. Striping out of her pajamas, Lilly pulled the large shirt over her head. It hung down a bit, but not too much. The pants were elasticy, but hugged her waist nicely. The uniform was well worn and the fabric soft from use. There was, a sweat smell to the outfit, but it was pleasant.
    "I like it." She said with a smile.

2. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    OOT: I'm a muffin...? Okay. If you say so.

I can feel my face heating up a little and I can't seem to look Lilly directly in the eyes right now.
    "You know...most people would have changed in a bathroom or something...but I guess that works, too."
    Awkward, very awkward, say something to break the awkwardness, Azel!
    "Right, yeah, let's get started on that training! But first I need to know what you can do. Do you happen to have any experience in hand-to-hand combat? I'd like to get an idea of just how much work we've got ahead of us."

3. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    "I have some I guess." Lilly said thinking. "It's more brawling, I think the word is, than fighting. I prefer knives."

4. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Knives, huh? I don't even want to know what she did with that particular skill.
    "Alright...let's see what you've got, then."
    I step onto the padded training mat and motion for Lilly to follow.
    "I want you to try to hit me. Don't try to hold back on me, I can take it!"
    I take a fighting stance and ready myself to block the incoming blow.

5. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Lilly observed Azel's stance, the way his feet were positioned, and thought. The chances she'd take him off balance were low. But the hell with it. She charged him recklessly, showing little skill and ended up on her back. Jumping up she tried again, then again, then she did it again, and kicked Azel's leg out from under him and watched him stagger into an off balance stance. She dragged him down, and put the flat of her hand against his throat like the blade of a knife.
    "I'm not very good. I prefer to hit when no one's looking. Easier to kill that way."

6. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    As I'm laying on the floor, I have to admit that I'm a little surprised at how...brutal Lilly's approach to fighting is. She fights like a berserker, taking wild swings and trying to use any dirty tricks she can think of to give her the advantage. There's no technique whatsoever...just desperation. I can tell right away that it comes from a lot of bad experiences, just doing whatever it takes to survive. This is gonna be harder than I thought. I need to make her forget how to fight to kill and teach her how to practice self-defense.
    "Let's get a few things straight here. First of all, the karate that I teach is meant to protect yourself, not to attack others. If you use it correctly then you can incapacitate your enemies, but you should never-- and I mean never-- be in a position where you must kill the other person. Next, you should know that there are certain rules that you have to abide by when practicing karate in a dojo. You're not out on the streets anymore. Cheap shots and throat strikes are not allowed-- in fact, a lot of teachers would have thrown you out for what you almost did just now. Finally, I think you should know..."
    While she was so focused on setting herself up for a throat strike, she wasn't paying enough attention to how I had positioned myself. I have both of my legs wrapped around her right leg, so I'm ready to turn this around at a moment's notice.

"...You're wide open."
    Before she has a chance to react I violently twist myself sideways, avoiding any chance of being hit with a throat strike and throwing her onto the floor next to me. I take the opportunity to grab her left arm and hold it in place with both of my arms, while keeping a good deal of my weight pressed up against her. That's the difference between killing an opponent and incapacitating them. She won't fight back because I have a clear advantage against her and it would be foolish for her to keep fighting under the circumstances.
    "Consider this your first lesson...are you starting to understand?"

7. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    "If this had been a true battle, you'd have died just now." Lilly said calmly. "But I suppose that doesn't really matter. I don't know if I can do this." She stood up and walked a few steps towards an exit then stopped. SHe sat down on the floor then fell onto her side and curled up.

8. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    I let out a heavy sigh. I knew this girl was going to be trouble right from the start. Without saying a word, I walk over and sit down next to Lilly. An uncomfortable silence fills the room until I finally decide to speak up.
    "You're right. You could have killed me. But the entire point of this training is to show you how to stop someone without needing to kill them."
    My expression turns into a bitter smile as I force even more unpleasant memories to the surface.
    "It was hard for me, too. I can't even count the number of times I wanted to give up. You see, I was trained in hand-to-hand combat when I was very young, although it wasn't anything like the karate I practice now. I was...trained to kill by my parents. They called it "surface combat" because it was meant to be used if you found yourself fighting a human on dry land. That technique also has a rich history, just like karate. But...it's a history of bloodshed that teaches you how to use your hands and feet as weapons of war."

I stare up blankly at the ceiling.
    "Nobody should have to learn how to kill that early in life. Killing became second nature to me and because of that, I had to learn everything I knew about combat all over again. I think the hardest part was pushing back that killer instinct, the rush you get when you're about to go for the finishing blow. I...to be honest, I enjoyed killing because I had done it so much. Yeah. That was definitely the hardest part to get over."
    I do my best to smile at her, although it isn't easy with these thoughts rushing through my head. I just hope it looks sincere enough.
    "But I did it. Even though it was hard, I kept pushing forward on my own path, even when every single part of me wanted to slip back to my old ways. That's why I know you can do it, too."

9. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Lilly wormed closer to Azel so that her back touched his knee. "Only one problem. Your karate may be a peaceful sport these days. But it was designed for soldiers. All martial arts were made to kill people in the beginning."
    She thought about it. Felt her body trembling from the desire.

"I'm nothing special. Just a worthless killer. Hunted by more worthless killers. The sharks of the ocean, the men who act like sharks atop its waves. We are nothing but blood drinkers. Those of us who can live no other way make our way to the waves. Sail on the sea, be free." Lilly sighed again. "I'm rambling. Sorry. I could probably do it. But it won't stop them from killing me."

The young man stepped off of the gangway and looked around the harbor. He took the picture from the pocket of his suit, studied the young girl's face then replaced it. Taking out a cigarette he lit it and took a long drag before heading into the dock yard. He needed to find information on the traitor.

10. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    What did she just say...? I know bits and pieces about her dark past, but it sounds like she's in even more trouble than I thought. I look over to her with a stern expression.
    "What do you mean by that? Who are "they" and why are they...trying to kill you?"
    Even though I'm still asking, I have a pretty good idea what the answer is.
    "...They're coming from the ocean, aren't they? Some of your old comrades, maybe?"

11. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    "No. The syndicate I worked for." Lilly barked out a dark laugh. "I had a moment of stupidity. Thought I could change the world. I organized a coup, planned to take over everything, make the organization good. Or at least that's what I said. No clue what good is."
    Lilly took a deep breath.
    "Anyway, we did it." She rolled over and had a big grin on her face. "We killed off the old guard. Took control of everything. It was a glorious day as we sailed away from that burning freighter. For a whole three days we were running things. Then the one guy we missed, called the loyalty of everyone on my side got them to betray me and the few other ringleaders. In the end we all fled in a rubber dinghy." She laughed again, real laughter. "I just love that word, Dinghy."
    "But yeah, so we ran off. The others tried to kill me as we floated off into the dark ocean. Not much else for me to do then. I threw them over the side, jumped in after them and ate them. Then i climbed back in, put on a wetsuit and waited for the next passing ship to rescue me. Then I hit mainland America, got off at the first stop and started wandering across the country. They've probably sent hunters for me and the others. Won't find them though." She laughed through a dark grin.

12. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    A shiver runs down my spine. I knew there wouldn't be much of a change overnight, but the fact that she still seems to talk so casually about the subject is...unsettling. A small part of me wonders if I was the same way back then. But that's not important now; I have to think about what I can do to keep Lilly safe.
    "So, that's why you didn't want to leave the house. I can understand that. But how would they know that you're here in Japan? Maybe if we can keep you hidden long enough, they'll assume that their lead was false and give up on trying to find you here. I would imagine that they can't keep up an international manhunt forever, right?"

13. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    "You'd be surprised. But eventually they'll call it off." Lily sighed. Then a thoughtfully look came across her face. "Wait, I'm in Japan?"

PET ME PAPA

14. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    OOT: Hey there, drunk Lully. I'm just gonna assume that petting part was OOC. :D

It takes all of my willpower to stop myself from laughing. I'm not completely successful. While covering my mouth, I try to compose myself long enough for a few coherent sentences.
    "Wait...so...you really didn't know? Hee...heh heh."
    I reach over and pat her on the shoulder.
    "Welcome to the Land of the Rising Sun, Lilly."
    Then I lean back against the wall with my arms behind my head.
    "Well then, it's settled. We'll just have to keep your identity hidden until this whole things blows over. It might not be easy, but we'll make it work. Trust me."

15. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    "Well... crap. I guess that plane took me to the wrong place. That's good for me I guess. They'll have whoever is tracking me still in America, so this is good. Also bad. They do a lot of work out of the east mainland ports. But should be fine. I'm not well known, just some small time pirate who killed off the syndicate leaders. Maybe my picture has been circulated. Agggh." She ground her fists into her temples. "Whatever. We'll see how this goes. That must have been why I had no idea what anyone was saying the last few days." She laughed then was interrupted by the sound of a phone going off. Lilly froze. She quickly crossed to where her pack was and dug out the small cell phone and hit the send button.

"Hey there, Lil. What's up?" The young man asked as he stood in the port office.
    "Cartwright?"

"Yup. How have you been?"
    "A bit preoccupied. How's your sister?"

"She's doing well." He sighed. "Let's cut the pleasantries short. They have her. They're holding my sister onboard the Dauntling."
    "Rielley's ship..." Lilly paused a moment. "So that mean's you're-"

"I'm the one hunting you. and if I don't bring you back-"
    "Kalli dies."
    "Yeah. You wanna tell me where you are?"

"I can help you."
    "You told me that last time."

"I mean it this time."
    "You said that too."
    "Godamnit Ryan!" Lilly shouted. "You don't have to work for them!"

"But I do. Kali is depending on me."
    "I can get Kalli out!"

"They'll be expecting you. It's suicide. Just tell me where you are."
    "I'm sorry. I will protect the two of you. I promise. It won't get complicated again." Lilly ended the call then turned around in circles a few times, tears running down her cheeks. "GODAMMIT!" She screamed and threw the phone at the floor where it shattered into fragments. Glaring angrily at the largest chunks she crushed the plastic under her bare heel, to caring that the sharp plastic bits were cutting into her foot.

16. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    From what I can catch of the conversation, someone that Lilly knows is hunting her because someone named Kalli is being held hostage aboard a ship owned by "Rielley." And apparently, this person already knows where she and by extension, myself, live. So it's really come down to this. While Lilly is taking out her frustrations on my phone, I put a sign on my front door and lock it to show that the dojo is closed today for personal business. This problem doesn't seem like it'll go away on its own. That means I have to take matters into my own hands. I grab Lilly by the shoulder to get her attention.
    "This ship. What's it called? How big is it? Tell me everything you know about the crew and its captain. How many of them are there? Are they well-armed? Every last details helps our plan that much more."
    I walk over to a nearby closet, pull out a large sheet of paper and a pen and set them on the table. I then look back to Lilly.
    "Tell me everything. The more I know, the less risky this operation becomes."

17. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Lilly laughed. "It's suicide. The ship appears to be a normal freighter." She closed her eyes and thought for a bit. "It's a battleship. You ever hear of the Bismarck? This ship is the modern day equivalent. The only chance is an underwater approach. Even that might be covered by sensors. The only true solution is to detonate something big enough to mess with the ship's systems, then hit it with some sort of rocket while those are down. Only problem is with my friend on-board that route is out. Too much risk. Which means the ship is impenetrable."
    Lilly sat down.
    "The ship is the Dauntling. That won't do any good though. It goes by at least ten different names depending on the lat and long. And who's asking. Cartwright calling me tells me he has no clue where I'm at. Otherwise they'd be blowing these doors apart. All I can do is stay hidden. Or turn myself in and that'll be their excuse to escape when I press the button and go suicide."

18. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    I start writing on my paper while listening to Lilly's explanation. A battleship. Very large. Most likely, it will be equipped with high-end munitions so a frontal attack is out of the question. I make a mental note of that as I make a rough drawing of what I assume the ship looks like.
    "There's no such thing as an impenetrable fortress. People who say that just don't know how to get in."
    Like slipping back into an old coat, I mentally fall back into planning out raids just like I used to back in those days. I had hoped that I would never have to use these particular skills again, but...it seems that I have no choice now. Lives are at stake. If we do nothing, people die. If Lilly turns herself in, she dies. I have decided that neither of those outcomes are allowed to happen. And for that...I will have to call upon those inner demons that I've kept hidden until now.
    "You say this ship is called the Dauntling? I haven't heard that name. Then again, I haven't kept up with any of the more recent crime syndicates so I could have very well missed it."
    I quickly write the name down.
    "Correct me if I'm wrong, but this ship will need to dock at some point to receive supplies, is that right? If you have any way to contact that friend of yours, that would make a world of difference. Have him tell us where the ship will be and find out who their suppliers are."
    I take out my cell phone and toss it to her.
    "Don't break this one."

19. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    "Yeahhhh..." Lilly takes the phone then sets on the table. "That's a really shitty idea. The phone I had was set up to be untraceable. If I called him with yours, they'd have me in a heartbeat. Thanks for trying though. And yeah, it isn't fully impregnable. The underwater option is workable, hell, we have the best skill set for it. But let's give it some time. They'll keep her alive for a while. It's how we work."
    She sighed and sat down next to Azel and then put her head on his shoulder. "Teach your classes. I'll help out. Just live normally for a bit. Forget all of that shit."

20. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    "I wouldn't have given you that phone if it was traceable."
    I take my phone back and put it in my pocket.
    "Well, if you're not going to call him then this plan isn't getting anywhere, I guess."
    I let out a sigh as I roll up my paper and put it away.
    "To think that all I can do now is wait. This would've been an easy fix back when I was at the top of my game. Back when I had resources...connections...power. But you know, I never regretted giving up all of those things. At least, not until now."
    I head back to my front door and take down the sign I put up. It's still fairly early, so chances are good that nobody saw it.
    "Back then, I would've known exactly where that boat was and how I could...deal with it. I could've had everything all taken care of by nightfall. Now...well, it's still possible but it will certainly be a lot more difficult."
    I try my best to smile at Lilly.
    "But we can cross that bridge when we come to it."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.