Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Pokémon Hoenn Game Remakes Announced for November Worldwide Release

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by Sir-Maddy, May 7, 2014.

1. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    You don't like gen 4 either?!~ :D

2. TheManWithoutAPlan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    @Shogun13 I was actually very deep into the Pokemon games when Pearl/Diamond first released, and got really into Pearl for a long time. I'm pretty sure I completed the entire Pokedex. Though I did end up cheating for some older generation legendaries and the event Pokemon. Though you didn't hear that from me. I can see the arguments for it being one of the weaker generations of the series, but when it's the new and only DS Pokemon game, you're going to play it regardless. And I really did enjoy that underground tunnel mini-game. After skipping over HeartGold/SoulSilver, I found Black/White to be a pretty good iteration on those games, but not the staple of the franchise that some view it as. Which is ultimately why I skipped Black/White 2. The move to polygonal graphics had me very excited about X/Y, but I'm still without a 3DS, so I was out of luck. To hear you say that Black/White 2 is mostly an expansion upon the original leaves me with little interest.

I suppose I'll give X/Y a shot when I finally get a 3Ds, so I will at least be keeping the tradition of playing the games in which a new batch of Pokemon are introduced. Might not make it all the way through it, though. I do have somewhat of an attachment to Sapphire, so I'll be itching to play that new game when it is released.

3. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I have to admit, I think I agree with Shogun on this one. Platinum, Pearl and Diamond is a very forgetful series. Seeing as the story didn't stand out very much, too much to remember in the game. Some cool pokemon, but not very many. I don't really recommend Black/White 2 very much either. Just a fun game to play if you want to fuse Kyurem with the either Reshiram or Zekrom. I was just happy to finally get my hands on Reshiram!! (Prefer it to Zekrom as a legendary).

4. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I drop the truth bombs. I basically described the non-gym badge route to you. Ghetsis as a straight forward villain (he was the puppetmaster behind the likable N in the first one) doesn't work and Hugh's "Give me back that Liepard you stole from my sister years ago" schtick isn't great.
    I felt gen IV had problems that they fixed by heart gold soul silver. On the tunnels, I guess you could put me down as a supporter of that, more than secret super training in X/Y (I swear I don't get how to play that game effectively). Hell it might be interesting to rank them in terms of interesting "side games". I say this because I don't think they chart with my overall feelings on the games.
    I don't even remember the rival in diamond, pearl, platinum. That's how little I remember that series.

5. TheManWithoutAPlan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    @Shogun13 If I'm remembering correctly, the rival was some blonde-haired dude that had little to no impact on the main path of the game. I think I liked the underground thing so much because it was back in a time where I was playing along with others, so exploring the tunnels and collecting various items felt much more compelling when I was competing with someone else. And it was a much needed distraction between the meat and potatoes of a Pokemon game. Had that mini-game been lacking, and all the emphasis was placed on the beauty shows, I probably would have enjoyed the game much less. I really didn't care for dressing up the Pokemon or feeding them the puff bread things.

6. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    We seem to have settled this quite amicably all things considered. Maybe I'm just used to arguing with Deathfire on pokemon, who always has contrary opinions to me :p.

7. TheManWithoutAPlan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    @Shogun13 Ha, I'm just not the Poke Fan I once was. If you were to come to me with contrary opinions on Persona, Disgaea or Zelda, then it would be a different story. :p

8. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    The only "controversial" opinion on Zelda I have is that I don't like Skyward Sword. Other than that Persona is my jam and Disgaea I have not played but I probably will in the future.

9. TheManWithoutAPlan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    @Shogun13 I'm surprised that is considered controversial. The reception I've seen for Skyward Sword painted it as far too interested in holding your hand and "guiding" you through the entire game. Though I haven't played it so I can't say for sure. By controversial, I would expect you to say something like "Majora's Mask is a bad Zelda game", or that "Ocarina of Time is better than Link to the Past".

10. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Here guys, have a live-action ad:

11. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Picking up Omega Ruby (hopefully) this week. :3

12. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I'm waiting till Christmas xD

13. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    It took me 2 days to fully finish Omega Ruby.
    Now I'm just spending my time catching all the Pokemon.

14. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Same, except it took me 3 days to finish.

If anyone wants to battle my team of super buffed out manliness that is my pokemon, let me know ;)

15. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Where as I only just started the other day, and have only just got past Slateport...

16. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Fight me mate, my Hydriegon will kick your girly ass.

17. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    How dare you insult the testosterone textbook that is my pokemon team! 3PM, after school, in the dark alley! We'll show you what years of steroids and testosterone supplements bring to the battlefield!

Nah seriously, are we actually gonna do this? If so, when?

18. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Oh I'll be there mate, my Pokemon have a higher testosterone level than your puny wimps.
    Hell yeah we're gonna do this. I say some time that's easy for the both of us

19. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Depends on the time zone difference. I'm a lazy uneducated American :), so I really don't know how far behind [or ahead] you Australians are. I'm good tomorrow and Tuesday, so if you have a time you're open, let me know.

20. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I'm good for Tuesday, but after 3:30pm AEDST