Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Important Our Current Situation

Discussion in 'Information & Updates' started by Sporadic, Apr 12, 2014.

1. iamanerd Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm new to the forums here but as was mentioned, why not offer a donator status like roosterteeth? Something along the lines of a $10 minimum and allow people to donate more and in turn they get the benefit of ad free viewing if you use the method roosterteeth uses for their videos. I mainly just use DT for anime as I'm not to big into forums myself. Regardless it should be pretty easy to implement and if whoever does the backend needs help with implementing features along that line let me know.

2. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Pay-walls and punishment is definitely the wrong way to go. We need to look a DT and DTR more along a business sense. We are providing a service (anime-streaming) and we have very many competitors. What we need is an edge over our competitors, be it better quality, faster uploads, larger selection, easier use, or moblie/other compatibility (iPhone androids, console etc.) anything along those lines that would cause someone to say "oh wow this site has this over X site, maybe i should use this one". Pay-walls will only prove to eliminate what traffic we have, think about it most people are streaming the anime because they don't want to spend the money to buy the dvd, why would they pay to see a stream? also we have to look at the fact that there are streaming sites from other legitimate companies (funi, crunchyroll, neon alley etc) who offer the same 10 buck fee but have a much larger selection of dub, sub, and simul-cast (naturally of course). Main thing is we have to make DT and DTR shine, make them stand out in both quality and service else we won't be drawing in and keeping any more people

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Expect a long lenthy report from sayWut stating everything and addressing the traffic and his ways to alleviate the problem.

4. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I agree with ginger, and on the topic of rooster teeth, what i meant afterward was, they are friggin roosterteeth, they are premium content providers, with original content not found in other places. While we are up agasint a TON of other sites, IF we became HUGE, we could maybe install a ad-block wait time that is longer than the actual ads (which is why i have RT removed from adblock, lol, their non-ads are 2x longer than the ads)

But thats FAR in the future, i still think what i said is ideal, although dangerous, even but even landing on 1 or 2 really popular shows, and being the only non-torrent provider will draw A LOT of people

5. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    True TRG and Joe but SOMETHING needs to be done and thats the best thing we could possibly do is offer HD and DDL as an incentive for donations.

6. GrayGhost Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I live on a fixed income & my rent was just increased, but I've done a lot of downloading over the last year so I managed to find $10 to contribute. Maybe a little more next month.

7. Rouge_assassin Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I really should be getting on more often. I really can't donate right now, but I can share DT with my friends and promote it a little on my anime clubs FB page. I know that one reason that people might have not been coming back was having to log into the streaming site in order to watch anything. But now that it's public and  there's no need to log into DT anymore, that might attract more people. I know that it was hard to find another good dub site when JD was shut down and so far DT  has been the best one for dubbed anime.

If we promote DT as a public site, then that might bring more people in and back. I basically had to guide my friends through the registration process that DT used to have. It was a small hassle but since thats been taken out of the equation DT is much easier to use now.

8. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I live on a fixed income & my rent was just increased, but I’ve done a lot of downloading over the last year so I managed to find $10 to contribute. Maybe a little more next month.

I really should be getting on more often. I really can’t donate right now, but I can share DT with my friends and promote it a little on my anime clubs FB page. I know that one reason that people might have not been coming back was having to log into the streaming site in order to watch anything. But now that it’s public and there’s no need to log into DT anymore, that might attract more people. I know that it was hard to find another good dub site when JD was shut down and so far DT has been the best one for dubbed anime.

If we promote DT as a public site, then that might bring more people in and back. I basically had to guide my friends through the registration process that DT used to have. It was a small hassle but since thats been taken out of the equation DT is much easier to use now.

It's appreciated.

9. Sourishdas Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Until and unless you guys get the latest anime and post them on facebook page with their links on them there is a less chance of attracting new members. I get updates form many different Online Anime Sites where they feature all these qualities.

Many of my friends use my account to open up dubtopia now I will change my password and tell them to have their own accounts. For downloading Anime all my friends prefer Dubtopia because of the 480p quality unlike other sites where they give 1080p which are difficult to download and to store and neither 320p which pixelates too much on hd screens.

The best part of  Dubtopia is that you guys give 480p quality video(that is the why I still follow this site) both for downloading and for online streaming I think you guys should stress on this part for advertising on facebook.

10. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    While I don't know about posting links from facebook, I do think that an email alert system (or something similar) for new episodes of ongoing anime and new anime would be useful.

11. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    We will be expanding our social media presence and should be making atwitter account to disclose anime updates and such soonish. We could announce on Facebook about the quality of the vids and so on, however FB is not a prime or even close to a source of internet traffic. At the moment we / I are looking at search engine optimization as this is the key to obtaining larger amounts of traffic.

Please keep an eye on this thread http://dubtopian-review.eu/sitewide-forums/topic/about-the-low-site-traffic/ , it will eventually go through the entire process of SEO and so on. Theres already a draft report to be read if anyone wishes to do so. :)

@ShadowLinks

Thats a feature we can look into