Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Open Music Discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Roy-Blue, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I listen to AVenged Sevenfold, so I'm familiar with those ones.

At first, I thought this club had died.

2. SkeLo Trophy Hunter Content Manager

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    When are you guys running another poll please? Plus how does one recommend or put forward a music vid for selection too please?

Cheers team

3. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Oh, seems like someone fixed the SOS section. I might revive this again now.

But yeah, sorry guys. On top of being awfully sick, that weird SOS Brigade glitched killed my drive to do any club work. I apologize for abandoning everyone for a while there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SkeLo Trophy Hunter Content Manager

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Well then this would be perfect place for me to weigh in and mention the anime series "Your Lie in April" - Classical Music is truly the winner!!!!!

Since I have watched this series it truly reminded me why I adored the classics and the raw emotion behind it... then to top it off this anime series, the characters with the score of music... just invigorates the senses 10x10...

So whether you listen to classical music or not... this anime will truly make you a believer... or at least mesmerize you just even if was for a mere moment in your life...

5. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    And I thought this club had died.

6. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Fortunately, not just yet (as long as I don't die, at least). But I do seem to need to fix a lot of things. I think I've missed a full month, so I need to catch up all the outstanding threads. I'll probably try and wrap up the monthly threads as if it were this month's so that I can start the next one when the month rolls over. Then I'll just have to keep up with out weekly one and we'll back in business.

I'll also have to fix our badge, I don't know if anyone noticed but it's unfortunate, haha. I should also get Lince to distribute a few more. So hopefully after I fix all these problems that have surfaced while I was "indisposed", I can start adding more "new" threads again. And as long as I still have you guys' support, I think we can easily recover and still be stronger than ever.

7. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering what that had to do with music...

8. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Now, I'm just listening to this on repeat

9. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Recently, I've been listening to a lot more Prog Metal as well as other stuff.

Stuff like this:

10. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Ever look at a music video, and realize you did not really watch the whole thing, just listened?
    I just realized that with this video:

No wonder it lost last time I nominated it in a local thread. I just watched the start, and assumed the rest was just showing the band in action.

11. James Haught Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    A suggestion for getting more members would have to be limiting all anime, watching and downloading to members only, then there would either be more members or the site would lose many users, which would be bad.... but it's an idea.

12. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    So, a couple things. No, that would be a terrible idea, we wouldn't benefit at all and only lose money and loyalty as well as users. The number of members wouldn't increase at all because people don't want to sign in to stream from a free site to begin with. If we were a closed site within this forums we would no longer be able to advertise, nor would we show up in any search medium, therefore smiting any influx of potential new members. And lastly, this is a "social club" part of the forums, not a site-wide discussion.

In conclusion, you're welcome to re-submit the idea in the proper venue, though I feel you're wasting your time, but I would only need suggestions for helping the Music Club, very specifically, here. But thank you for your suggestion.

13. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Roy-Blue, I have another idea for the vote schedule of these videos: We vote and submit at the same time.
    It will be just the same as it is right now, only a more flexible schedule. No more having that small window of opportunity called the weekend. We have one thread to vote, and another to submit, all week long. At the end of the week, we cycle onto the next submission, with the submission before that being voted for then.

So basically, instead of having the schedule arranged to only vote or only submit in the week, we can submit the new video and vote for the old one, all week long. Make the deadline longer.

14. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    That's a fairly good idea, but I think things would get too cluttered. Running the two on top of each other would get very confusing very quickly, especially for the people that don't realize what's going on (which is my primary target audience; new members). I don't think anyone has much complained about the weekly time constraints, but if I'm wrong I might consider it more.

I just feel having the two open at the same time but each being a week off would seem strange to anyone looking at it without context. That coupled with lack of not knowing who won/lost in the previous voting might also change how people would potentially nominate for the next round (say if someone won, they might find like videos to help guarantee their victory in the next round, and the opposite for a loss). Winning or losing also (and knowledge thereof), in my experience, helps motivate people to continue in a competitive spirit.

Like I said, it's a nice suggestion, but I think having them linear might still be better. Of course, if it's hurting our current participants in anyways (such as not being able to reach the polls or even submit a nomination in time) I might consider it for at least the weekly threads.

15. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I think it's more concerning that this is the music discussion thread and no one is actually discussing music in it :p

16. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Haha, I tried to make it a more social thread, but it didn't seem to work out that way. So I had to go back and edit it into a more useful thread, so I opened it up to anything having to do with the Music Club. I think we still have too few of members for this to be that social of a forums, but maybe we can one day revive that buried notion of an actual "music discussion" thread, haha.

17. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Anyway, I've been listening to quite a bit of Avenged Sevenfold recently.

18. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I guess I never really engage in this thread as I don't have much to say about music other than "yay" or "boooo."

19. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    I thought I would share these... not my most favorable of songs but, to mii, they are not bad...

Chinese:
    MP
    (Rockish POP)

(Rockish)

JPM
    (POP)

20. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I don't know all of your music tastes but I think you would like Mr.Children ,Kobukoro, Ayaka....
    Here are some songs (MC's record company has copyright their YouTube Official MV's so they won't play unless you download a plugin for YouTube) :

Ayaka

Kobokuro

Mr.Children (the biggest band in Japan next to B'z)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwswdZwkUEo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UGm0OPlcKM