Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Open Music Discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Roy-Blue, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry for the abruptness of this notice, but I will be stepping down as Club leader. Lince will obtain the club by default, but it's not Lince's responsibility to contribute to the club, so if anyone would like to take over in my stead, please message him about it. As recommendations, I'd urge Core or Vlad to maybe take my place. But since it a big task, I can completely understand their unwillingness, and please do not feel obligated in any way.

If this Club is to die it, it might be time to let it die out. It might be able to be sparked back up again, but I wouldn't want anyone to feel pressured into taking on the responsibilities, as well as I don't want to disappoint the people who have grown attached to this club. My duties and rules still stand across these forums, so for my successor (if you choose to elect one) all you should have to do is read through my rules, and maybe expand on any new idea you may have.

Any replacement is free to do with the club as they will, of course. So don't feel you have to play my part either, it's just a go-to suggestion available to you.

I'm afraid the reasons for my resignation are personal and I can't delve too much deeper, but it saddens me to have to disappoint all my friends here. I've really cherished this little club here for as long ago as I formed this club. And I will sorely miss you all.

To all future caretakers of this club, whether they be recent or well into the future of JAN's community: Please take good care of my club.

#1 Roy-Blue, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I think I will stick with the classical music. That can come in many ways and be lively, like "Ode to Joy." Of course, I find it dull whenever I hear the common classical music, like what one of the national or local news stations will play.
    I might have heard New Age music, but I don't remember what it classifies as, especially since my internet is too poor to allow a constant drain of data by streaming, making me unable to check what it sounds like. Judging from wikipedia, it's supposed to be for relaxation, which is not what I normally feel like listening to, unless it has a neat tune.
    I guess both will not normally catch my attention much.

3. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Haha, the topic was the "What are some ideas for topics we could discuss here?", actually. The other part was just my contribution to the topic. Though I didn't mean "New Age Music" by classification (I forgot it was it's own thing) but I meant the new styles that have risen with the times. Such as Rock and Roll, Swing, Techno, and even the rising Dubstep (or whatever the current page we're on at the moment).

But to get us back on track, I also like to discuss what makes for a better song (being the lyrical kind), ones that are more symbolic and poetic, or ones that tell more of a story? Like, do you something real you can hold on to, or do you like something more abstract and general? I think that would be a fun topic.

4. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I could probably change it to that, however. Seeing as it has been far longer than 24 hours. Sad that this thread isn't getting enough attention.

But our new topic will be: Classical Music or Dubstep. Which is better and why?

So I would assume this would be a debate on where we pull the sounds from? Classical Instruments vs a soundboard? I can't say that I listen to a lot of "Dubstep" myself, so I'd probably stick with Classical. I think Dubstep is extremely creative, and most times really cool and fun, but it can easily get annoying and harsh. Classical music is about the opposite, boring for the most part, but usually "safe". There are some upbeat Classical numbers and I believe someone (I don't remember who) brought up "Chillstep", but they usually stay in their generalizations. But I'd still rather the gradual acceleration and fortissimo of, say, and hopeful overture, as apposed to usual "crash" Dubstep likes to give out unexpectedly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I definitely prefer Classical to Dubstep. Classical feels more genuine and soulful. My favorite classical music pieces are by
    Dvorak, Chopin, and Liszt.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    If I were forced to listen to either one for the rest of my life... I don't want to be stuck with that.
    Ack, they both begin to have music that sounds the same eventually, unless the creator of the song is creative and unique.
    Classical. For the good stuff. Dubstep can get old quickly.

7. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I edited the first post.

Also I'd like to bring up the topic of more threads, again. I'm planning on making a few, but we could really use some more. We need more reason for people to come to our Music Club, other than to just see no one posted anywhere and leave. Anyone have any ideas?

8. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Core's favorite bands... PART 2!
    No, that alone will not do.

9. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    How about a singing contest where we pick like 6 genres and bracket them like in an Elimination Games contest, then after the genre is picked the members of the Club each submit a video to whoever the judge(s) by either PM or email, whichever works better and then he/or she picks the top 5 videos and then we just vote through the regular way, and the prize could be some sort of perk created specifically for the contest, like BECK Artwork for the winner's profile just like the One Punch Man perk.

10. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I don't think we have nearly enough singers on these forums, let alone this group, haha. You might have to think smaller.

I might try someone's (I think it was Core's) idea to make a song library for bands, or just a fan thread like my Vocaloid one. I want to see how well that one does before I try making more like it, though. There was other ideas I had, but they were for threads that are already around the forums. Like "What Are You Listening To", and various AMV-related threads. But I'll see if I can't work something out there.

I just can't really think of any other good ideas.

11. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    jmriz gave Mii an idea when he mentioned Elimination games. Rather than having people sing and stuff, maybe an elimination game with musical artists. One round could be 60s or so next round modern, different genres each round and people have to debate why they think that way.

12. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    My earlier idea on thread music libraries will not work too well for one band I wanna show off. That's because it has only a few, poor-quality official videos.
    The one I saw kinda embarrassed me, actually.
    EDIT;
    This is one album I really want, though:

#12 Core, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  13. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Haha, people don't even do the Artist of the Month, so I'm not sure how we'd get enough to do a full-blown Elimination game. Like I said, you're thinking too big. We have about 13 members including Lince and myself, and half of our members aren't terribly active. We have to think of ideas to pull in more people and keep them here before we do a grand activity that requires number over anything else. Interest threads and maybe some fun games would be a great start.

I thought it was a pretty good idea, though, Core. I just wanted to gauge the reactions before I start making more. It's fine if certain ones wouldn't be as popular, but I don't want to flood this part of the forums with dead threads, you know? I want to make sure at least some can draw attention.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    We need more recruits.

15. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    I'll go digging around for ideas. I should be bound to find something. Or I'll force everyone into recruiting. *Kaede casually stands with a taser.*
    Let Mii at em! :D

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images7KMSMKMF.jpg

#15 Kaede, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  16. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Don't mean to double post but I have sent notifications out on my contacts for possible ideas. I'll send them through as a list when I have a proper list of ideas. :D

17. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0

Please, do have mercy. We need live members for this.

18. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    They'll be alive. I promise. :rolleyes::D

19. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    I literally found this today. I found a band that I liked but it was very similar to the Japanese band, One Ok Rock. Even the singer. Just found out the band's name, My First Story and the leading singer, Tomohiro Moruita is Takahiro Morita's brother... Hence the similarities.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_untitled(24).png

20. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Recently I have had a strange mixture of songs stuck in my head.
    These are the songs I have had on repeat: