Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Only Yesterday

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Laximus, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Laximus Espada | Anime Dealer

Ratings:
    +965 / 0 / -0
    Only Yesterday revolves around Taeko, a single woman working a desk job in Tokyo in 1982, taking a vacation in the countryside with the family of her sister in-law. During her vacation, Taeko finds herself looking back at her time as a young schoolgirl growing up in 1966. The film flips back and forth between the two time periods with a lot of nostalgia and beautiful country scenery as Taeko sorts out her flashbacks and tries to make some tough decisions about her future.​

2. Dan Wolfear20 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I bout this on DVD last year after seeing it for the first time and I can't believe they have only now just Dubbed it, this is probably being released now because the film is being released on Blu-ray and DVD combo for the first time in the UK in a foe weeks, probably so it can finally come in line with the rest of the Studio Ghibli Blu-ray film releases which all have English Dubs which are released by Studio Canal in the UK.

This is the first time this movie has ever had an English Dub and I really like this film, not just for it's clever flashbacks between Taekos past and present which blend together so cleverly almost like ghosts and have affected her through her life and until the end of the film when they help her, but also the way it portrays Taekos past as something many of us have lived with and must gain strength from as we go through are lives. So as a conclusion I am very glad this has finally been released and look forwould seeing what it's like.

Another Studio Ghibli film very similar to this which you've probably already seen if you've seen Only Yesterday is Ocean Waves, is was made about the same time and is very touching right to the heart despite being quite short and also needs a English Dub and Blu-ray release so cross fingers it will come out soon.