Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Nintendo ends Wii Production

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by VeritasOdiumParit, Oct 21, 2013.

1. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-ends-wii-production/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp

Nintendo has now stopped manufacturing the Wii. Is it just me or did the PS2 have a longer life span??

2. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    It's not surprising really.  While I still enjoy Nintendo's games, they've been kinda weird about their consoles since the Wii.

3. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    PS2 had a much longer lifespan. Can't say I regret buying a Wii though. Cheaper then the other systems, durable (pissed off glance at Xbox), easy to mod, and unique games not found in other systems.

The homebrew stuff alone made it worthwhile. Finally let me retire my SNES and NES. Already could play ALL Gamecube games unlike the Xbox 360 with an incomplete backwards compatibility.

4. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I don't think I could ever retire my SNES (unless it were to stop functioning properly), something about the old system that just feels right.

I've heard that Nintendo is planning on focusing on games for their 3DS and possibly Wii U for 2014 rather than releasing any new hardware to compete with the Xbox One and PS4.  I personally think this would be a good idea considering the Wii U's current library and that Nintendo has released 4 consoles (including handhelds) during the lifespan of the Xbox 360 and PS3.

On a personal note I find Nintendo's consoles since the Wii to be a bit gimmicky, relying on stylus, dual screens, touch controls, motion control, and 3D as main forms of gameplay when a regular controller would have worked just fine.  Not that there's anything wrong with those as methods of game play (well, they have their flaws) but I don't think they are the best or most convenient methods and should be offered as peripherals rather than be used to replace a controller.  Maybe I'm just old fashioned or something lol.  But I've never preferred a Wiimote to a standard controller or the layout of a DS to a Game Boy.

5. shifter101 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    just a week ago i decided to play on my wii after not touching it for a over a year
    played 3 hours of legend of zelda , and now i hear that the wii is discontinued, lol
    well the wii will stay have a place in my heart, it seems just yesterday i opened the wii for the first time and played wii sports with the family trying to get over 1000 points and become a pro at each of the sports, oh well the wii had a good run
    even though in the end xbox360 and ps3 might have been better gaming consoles (in my opinion) , the wii always had those few games that i had a blast playing, i.e. legend of zelda, super smash bros brawl , billy and mandy

6. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Well, I never got a PS3 in the end because I didn't like any of the games for it. Seeing as you could get all the good ones on the 360. Plus, my brother gave me his old 360, so I just used that to play 2 games. I like the Wii to an extent. I have to admit, I have only had one for the last 3-4 years. But, I guess I am just a Zelda and Mario fanboy. It makes more sense to focus on the WiiU now. But, I'm not sure if Nintendo's choice of controllers have been very good since the GameCube. Still, I do like the DS and 3DS.

As for the PS4 and X-Box One, I am waiting for Kingdom Hearts to come out for the PS4. I have gone off the Final Fantasy series since 12. So not much will appeal to me. I will stick with my 3DS.

P.S. For those of you who have a Wii, if you join the game club and post your Wii codes in the relevant thread, we might be able to organise something online, like Super Smash Bros Brawl or Mario Kart Wii??

7. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    . But, I guess I am just a Zelda and Mario fanboy.   P.S. For those of you who have a Wii, if you join the game club and post your Wii codes in the relevant thread, we might be able to organise something online, like Super Smash Bros Brawl or Mario Kart Wii??

My only reason for even getting a Wii, Twilight Princess :p

And I shall post my Wii code at some point, as soon as I can be bothered to check what it is.  Nya :3

8. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the double post, but apparently, while the Wii may no longer be produced, Nintendo is releasing a Wii Mini to the US.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129295-Wii-Mini-Coming-to-US-Bundled-with-Mario-Kart-Wii

9. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Heh, may as well get a Wii U now :p

10. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Don't think I'll get a Wii U or Wii Mini lol  I will, however, finally catch up on handheld gaming and get the Nintendo 3DS XL LoZ bundle.  The newest handheld I have is the GB Advance SP so I have some catching up to do once I get a 3DS :p

11. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Wii sports was pretty damn cool man. Best bowling game I ever played and even my dad got into it. Swinging like a maniac in the baseball was cool too. Boxing was a bit on the fickle side though. Tired my arms out either way :)

What was the other one? Golf? I'll stick with mario golf. Same for tennis.

12. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Ha ha, I became a pro on my friend's Wii at boxing. (I never got Wii Sports in the end). I loved the baseball and bowling games! Played those for hours with friends at uni!!

13. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    PS2 had a ridiculously long life-span to the point that it even cut into the PS3 and hurt it. Previously having something lasting that long would have been great, but technology now improves too fast for it to be feasible.

Still have my wii btw and play mario kart, wii sports, and brawl occasionally. Still undefeated boxing champion against humans!

14. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Ha ha, I think you and I may be the only ones who still play their Wii's. Although now I have a Wii U.

15. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I think they just wanted to push more people to the wii u, not to mention the confusion between the Wii and WiiU, taking one off the market ends that confusion

16. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, hopefully the new Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart for Wii U will be awesome. I'm tempted to just get them for my 3DS. Plus, I'm looking forward to the next Zelda game! It will be interesting to see what they come out with!

17. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Im personally waiting for...F-Zero....yea right