Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[Ninja Scroll] Too Violent?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Ninja Scroll received a wide range of opinionated reviews. In some cases reviews would be favorable and other times they would ridicule the show saying it had excessive blood, violence and fighting. There's a wide variety of anime lovers who love different aspects of different shows. Are you the type of person who thinks excessive blood and violence is unnecessary in anime? Did you think Ninja Scroll crossed that imaginary line people create which deems whether or not a show is too graphic?

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Not at all, in fact if anything it wasn't violent/graphic enough. I had heard some things about this movie before I watched it so I was expecting the holy grail of bloodshed in an anime. While it was a good movie and quite violent it didn't seem to cross any boundaries with what was done. People were cut in half sure but thats kind of what happens in shows with super powered ninjas, some of those abilities were a bit weird too, that snake...

I think a lot of the objections to this movie would of been the rape as well as the violence, many people shy away as soon as they see the theme associated with a title so that amount of violence paired with rape may be too much for those that aren't fans of the seinen genre.

At least that last battle was interesting, essentially killing someone with liquid gold can't say I've ever seen it done before.