Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Ninja Scroll/Cowboy Bebop Discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Natsu, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I've got something to tell you guys and I've been thinking a lot about it, first things first though
    [​IMG]
    Genres: Adventure, Fantasy, Historical, Horror, Romance, Shounen, Supernatural
    Jubei Kibagami has always been the master dealer of death, but in rescuing a ninja woman from a monster he sets loose a chain of events that puts death in his own veins and sends them on a nightmarish odyssey through a surreal and devil infested ancient Japan. How do demonic possessions, an annihilated village and a man Jubei thought safely buried in his past all connect? If Jubei can't piece the blood-soaked clues together, his only consolation will be that he won't live to regret it for very long! Prepare your mind and steel your gut for the insanely gore-packed orgy of violence that still stands alone and unchallenged as the ultimate anime action feature.
    [​IMG]
    Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Sci-Fi, Space
    The year 2071 A.D. That future is now. Driven out of their terrestrial eden, humanity chose the stars as the final frontier. With the section-by-section collapse of the former nations a mixed jumble of races and peoples came. They spread to the stars, taking with them the now confused concepts of freedom, violence, illegality and love, where new rules and a new generation of outlaws came into being. People referred to them as Cowboys.

Meet Spike and Jet, a drifter and a retired cyborg cop who have started a bounty hunting operation. In the converted ship The Bebop, Spike and Jet search the galaxy for criminals with bounties on their heads. They meet a lot of unusual characters, including the unusually intelligent dog, Ein, and the voluptuous and vexing femme fatale, Faye Valentine.
    You can go ahead and discuss the horror supernatural anime Ninja Scroll and the adventure sci-fi anime Cowboy Bebop, discuss as you may please, that's the first thing

The second thing is this, this is the last thread of this group, after this thread is open I'll completely
    disband the group, there has been a huge lack of activity in the past 2 months and most of the group members have disappeared, me included, so there's no point on continuing to lead a group that lacks activities, so if you have something to say you can discuss it here

@AtomicFlame @Azraled @b1azinchaosMc @BaconMan8910 @Batosai @BK-201 @Crazy Potato @dedseed1 @Delta @Doomguy @Eclipse @FlameEditz @gray adward @IssyBee @Heizengard @Jaysp656 @johnb @Keiichi-Morisato @Lince @Metazoxan @Natsuru-san @Noobs @obdriver6 @Ophelia @OtakuSenseiHig @Ovyda @RodRule @Sammy Madison @ShadowLinks @Sir-Maddy @Sporadic @Supernatural-Knight @The-Judgeman @Thekingjd @TwistedDesires @Vishal09x @Yunumi @Insert-Name-Here

2. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear you're quiting I'd say I wish I had tried harder to particiapte but I don't know if that would have really helped. Well if you just want anime discussions the New Release Club i still around mostly. Maybe just focus on helping to keep that club alive.

Anyway might as well help this last activity mean something. Cowboy Bebop is a fun series although episodic shows aren't really my thing especially in Bebops case where it spend so much time on random adventures it feels like main plot elements don't get explored properly.

3. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry to see this group go.

On to the topic. I've only seen a handful of episodes of Cowboy Bebop, but it's not too shabby of a show. Ninja Scroll, on the other hand, is what really got me into anime. If you look at my MAL, it's the only thing on there that's rated a 10. The story, the gore, the animation, everything about it really appealed to me. Haven't found the series available for download unfortunately, but I'm always on the lookout for it.

@Natsu , sorry to see this group go, but I appreciate all the suggestions I've gotten from here.

4. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    I am sad to see the group go, I have been away for the last mouth and haven't had the time to watch much in the last three. But I will try to find the time for this as it will be the last. :(

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Hey @Natsu don't disband the club. If anything I'll take it over. I can spare some extra time to at least push some activities. This was one of the old clubs back on JD.net so I would like to see it remain. Hell, if the activity can be pushed hard enough maybe you'll even take it back some day.

6. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    agreed. I have a lot of my plate this semester but I'll try harder to contribute if it will help.

7. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I've though about your comments, I'll leave the club open but I'm gonna take a little time off the group, so if you can @Sporadic you can take lead for now until I return

8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Good plan. No need to ditch the club just yet. All it needs is a good kick in the butt.

9. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    The irony is I haven't actually completed a "new" anime in at least a year. Yet I keep coming back to this site. Good news is I have seen Cowboy Bebop and was recently talking to someone who should give it a try.

My thoughts below, obvious spoilers
    Even after all this time I think highly of Cowboy Bebop. I always liked the episodes the most when they dealt with one of the crews past. Jet in particular was a good one, I always liked that guy, I wonder how his plain stew tasted like ;)

I'm never been a fan of the "episodic formula" that anime sometimes go for. Always felt like lazy writing, a cop out to keep someone from having to actually make one coherent storyline over the course of 24+ episodes. It's a good thing though that we had a recurring theme regarding Spike and his shadowy past. Didn't always show up in every episode but was enough to at least garner attention and a need to watch the finale (a great ending too!)

The episodes that didn't have anything to do with characters or the main plot weren't too bad. I can't quite remember them to well though. The first one stuck with me though, now I know Spike's responsible for leaving the public bathroom sink faucet running ;)

Oh and that refrigerator one that parodied the movie Alien, I loved those little references.

Overall, I give it a very solid 7. I definitely would recommend this anime even now. Especially for people who haven't seen too many anime yet. At the very least you could find an excuse to listen to this

You'll be in luck if you really liked this anime, there's a plethora of similar ones that might be worth checking into.
    Trigun, Outlaw Star, Gungrave, Gun X Sword....,

Quite a few with similarities, mileage will vary :)

Haven't seen Ninja Scrolls, noticed @dedseed1 has a taste for blood ;)
    I'll have to nudge him on Gungrave, that one doesn't get talked about enough. Oh and add Phantom Requiem for the Phantom. Just do it and thank me later...

10. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    @Doomguy gungrave is on my to do list & I'll have to give phantom requiem a shout as well

11. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Alright then, please take care of the group until I take over

12. Sammy Madison Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I thought Justdub site wasnt working anymore i saw "justdubonline site was down"..... I have been checking alot to see if it anyone was going to tell me the thread was started... :(

Well.... whether this group gets dropped or someone else takes over.... i will keep checking in and posting... until someone kicks me off the site.... :(

#12 Sammy Madison, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  13. Sammy Madison Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ninja scroll/// The opening song is nice....When Shigure plays the flute (opening song) when the flute
    sounds comes up and vry well placed... He was drawn with a softer image...
    Jubei, light maiden Shigure, Tsubute and Dakuan are good characters vry well created....
    I like the fact that Jubei goes around helping ppl...even tho hes a lone warrior......
    he seems to want to protect the other three.... the overall story line is really
    hard to choke down... I like the characters itself .... their softer side in the series .... made it easy to choke down the story line....

I hate the sexual aspect mixed with blood and gore.... either blood and gore or the
    sexual aspect... putting these two togther makes hard to watch...

The movie .... He was drawn on the darker side...... if the movie had gave the character a personality that made me .....remotely like the character itself... the movie would of been easier to watch

#13 Sammy Madison, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  14. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    I finished Cow Boy Bebob, Got to say I would of been something I would not have picked up and watched out of the blue, But I did find it really interesting. both with the character development and there back stories.

15. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Natsu Get some rest from the group and I among many/all here look forward to your return as leader of the group. I know it's tough seeing your group get little to no activity and the ideas you try don't seem to do much or anything, but, this isn't your fault, and like someone else said, it just needs a good kick in the butt. lol As I'll say though, I believe it's a matter of timing, the group as a whole which includes how busy people are and, last but not least, what noms there are and what one'(s) won. After all, when u have less time, you're more likely to watch something you want or have been meaning to watch vs. some random anime but this, is hard to control since, everyone is different, but that doesn't mean we should give up. I know I know I would be sad to see the group go, esp since it was on the original site but more than that, it's had a place in many of our lives and means more than just a place to watch and discuss anime, what it means to each of us is no doubt, a bit different but prolly mostly the same in the end.

16. Sammy Madison Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ??? Were we suppose to watch Cowboy Bebop..... ???