Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Feedback New Years '17 Feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Crazy Potato, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    I like the less lines. It gives it a more clean look.
    The search bar is lowered. It makes the page a little more symmetrical.
    All in all, a winner.

2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if you're familiar with Woltlab Burning Board 1 and 2, but they used an alternating color scheme for the forums.
    Forum A would be #B7B7B7
    Forum B would be #A7A7A7
    Forum C would be #B7B7B7
    Forum D would be #A7A7A7

Its just a thought for alternative ways to separate forums without using visible borders. Woltlab Burning Board 2 was during a time before CSS3, AJAX was just a Google experiment, and JQuery wasn't even being worked on. Highlighting forums when the mouse was hovering over them was still a JavaScript function and you had to know how to add the code to your forum, or the coder had to provide easy to follow instructions if you weren't familiar with the code. So it is fairly dated as far as software goes, but still has some fairly good techniques that can come in handy for theme ideas.

3. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Vr. 3.0.4 Kami Alert message has been fixed. Let me know if you have any issues with her.
    • She is now tied to alerts than the inbox counter.
    I'm now going to fix the colors.

#43 Crazy Potato, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  4. Zeenjayli The Breakfast Club Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    what about making her background transparent?

5. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    That image is from JDR from before I was staff, I do have a transparent version but old me did not know how to set it up the image right and always had a white outline when exporting as a .gif.
    I'll remake it if this theme gets green lit

• Like Like x 1
  6. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    Two things I noticed on the mobile version:

You can't read usernames in the comment section of profile posts (for normal coloured usernames).

The side scroll menu is hard to read since it's pale blue on purple.

7. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Seems Fine?

8. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    Yeah, I don't know what happened, it's gone.

Thanks anyway, I swear I'm not crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Original Sin Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    OOOHHHH Someone send me a message!

10. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so new (but minor) bug is that the search bar is moving above the navigation bar when you scroll down. This happens on a 1920 x 1080 resolution, so not sure it can be duplicated for other resolutions in the same steps.
    Scroll down about 3 notches (my mouse settings are set to scroll 3 lines at a time) using a scroll wheel and the search bar will cover the the top part of the page's progress bar and bottom part of the user notification tray (where your user name, inbox, and notification flag is).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Nice, find. I think I could fix it but like you said it's so minor. I mean unless many users stop there awkwardly I would but meh. lol

12. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Color me impressed that you found something so minor @Vashnik. Just tested it myself and sure enough 3rd mouse wheel scroll down the search bar is moving above the navigation bar. It's so minor that I'd never have noticed as I rapidly scroll down with my mouse. I'm not sure if this happens on other resolutions yet, but even if it did I imagine it to be minor. ​

13. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I only noticed it out of the corner of my eye because something looked awkward as I scrolled down the page, so I went to slowly scroll back up and it was the search box of all things. lol
    It's one of those things, once you see it, you'll never un-see it until it gets fixed. So now everyone will probably notice it every time they scroll down. Also, the count was only provided when I tried to re-create the steps on how to see the bug in action. It was definitely not how I originally found the minor bug. lol

14. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    @Vashnik @Vladnyx
    This bug should of been easy to fix but every time I try to fix it always ends up back to the way it was....

[​IMG]

#54 Crazy Potato, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  15. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In Chrome's developer tool, I added "z-index: 0;" to "#QuickSearch, #QuickSearchPlaceholder" when I selected the line <fieldset id="QuickSearch" class> and the searchbar moved under, instead of over when you scrolled down.

There is a line break between "#QuickSearch," and "#QuickSearchPlaceholder" in Chrome when I view the file, so hopefully just searching for #QuckSearch, (yes, including the comma) will help find the line when you edit the stylesheet since Chrome only found 1 matching result. After checking the maximum z-index can be for the search bar, I found that z-index can be up to 998 before it overlaps the user notification tray and 999 before it overlaps the page progress bar. Hope this helps you out, @Crazy Potato.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, That was my doing as the #QuickSearch was originally at z-index: 7500 lol
    I'll try again when I wake up.

17. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Good theme but does the form meet function?

Pros, its sleek and minimalist however that can also be a con.

The main concern here is for new users and there ability to navigate, which is the main problem I can see happening. Dont get me wrong its a nice "minimalist" approach to a theme. But we need to think about new users and how they may react, take this for example

[​IMG]

First possible issue is the overlays, a blue overlay on blue text makes it hard to read, really when its on an overlay the text should go white. Its easier on the eyes and for navigation.
    Second Issue again, for new users is the small text which can be seen here " Just New and Entertainment " since this is a title for the section it should be at least double the side, as users eyes works by seeing " Clear " content that A - can be read easily B - Can be seen easily hence white on blue with larger text would be better.

Third - I think the general colors should be lighter, if someone just comes in and registers, they may find all this blue and some pink, annoying and hard to see, we really need to think about the "new" users here. Ill have a few people look over the forum who arnt related to the site or me and see what they think. But still good work.

PS I need my light Green back, im not stick with this mold green I also want my green overlay back please... as i cant use the forum till this is done my green that is. Please just give me my lighter green with the light green post "section" thing, basically like it was idk in 2016!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    After reading what SayWut just posted I actually have to agree @Crazy Potato. From a analytical point of view it makes a lot of sense. Most of us who have responded to the beta have been around with the previous theme for a year or far longer and know the layout. We've gained the experience to circumnavigate.

With new users consistently flocking as of late we do actually need to consider them. As it's said there the life blood to this site. Without them where would we be? I agree with the overlays. Maybe calibrate them to act similarly to this.
    Overlays.JPG
    Like how JAN is purplish, DUBS is Blue, and Reviews is Green. If you are going to change to overlay to white you should include Mark Forums Read all the way through to New Posts as well. It is actually hard to determine which one your on with the current overlay color being a blue that closely matches the currently color.

We have plenty of room to experiment with the size of given text. So maybe tinker around with it to see how it looks. As for the third mentioning of lighter colors were slowly making that trend. Personally I think the colors we have look fine, but that could be due to how I have my monitor calibrated. These colors may appear different for many users due to contrast & brightness. I use a gaming monitor so my contrast and brightness settings are already towards a higher end of the spectrum vs say someone who has a average everyday monitor.

I'm still very interested to hear feedback from the few people you'll use as guinea pigs @sayWut. Also, I agree with the last statement. I'd like to see the Kami, Midori, & Arisu selection themes come back. at some given point. Right now totally understand this is a beta and like all beta's they have to be tested. As such I think your making good leaps and bounds so keep at it.​

19. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Yea we do need to focus on what a user whose maybe not even familiar with a forum, or this could be there first forum visit, Thus this is where it gets crucial and Critical, This user must be able to navigate, clearly efficiently and know exactly where the necessary sections are. For example with what I said about the colors and the fact the title for section were to small, hence if they were enlarged it is easy for that user, to know know where they are.

Web safe Colors - Its crucial the user sees what is actually there , as I explained earlier I think that the blue on blue overlay could be hard for some users to see, and we have to expect the average consumer. As said a blue overlay on a blue text is not that great in terms of visibility . The letter could turn white instead. However and the issue as stated is that maybe you could pick colors that are suited more in terms of being able to see them, as I find and even my sister finds that the blue text on a blue background is not an "instant" eye catcher which again is crucial if we expect a person who has decided to join the forum, hasn't even had any forum experience before . We need to think out the box think like the average person here etc. Need minimal, but an easy integrated forum that has good strong color theme that is fully readable, titles that are the first eye catcher to that section and so on.https://websafecolors.info/color-chart
    And oh yes i will get gini pig all right

• Like Like x 1
  20. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, Pink? That blue purple was chosen to match the user colors. Xenforo has this system where if you change a color in the color palette the elements that are linked to that color will change. I have to come along and remove the chain on each element to force change it to a color without changing the other colors.
    Thanks for this major feedback!
    https://justanimeforum.net/threads/...3-0-to-look-like-currently.13750/#post-147772
    Go here, 3.0 will have all theme colors if it gets green lit. So in the mean time I wanted to see what was the most top used theme and rush it out for you to see how your theme will look on 3.0.
    Again this theme is beta and not official therefore has no color themes to choose from.