Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

New trailer and poster for The Forest with Natalie Dormer

Discussion in 'Movie and Television News' started by BK-201, Dec 22, 2015.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    new trailer and poster for The Forest with Natalie Dormer
    As Game Of Thrones' Margaery Tyrell and The Hunger Games’ agit-hipster Cressida she’s seen some Very Bad Things, but it turns out Natalie Dormer was just getting warmed up. Japan-set psychological horror-thriller The Forest takes things to a whole other level. It has a new trailer and poster you can enjoy below. (Warning: you’ll find nothing remotely Christmassy within it, unless you’re spending Christmas in a haunted forest.)

The setting is the Aokigahara Forest, a real-life wood near Mount Fuji where people go to commit suicide. In that weird habit of cinema's, it’s also the setting of Gus Van Sant’s latest drama Sea Of Trees, although that one will be significantly shorter on violent death and the malevolent spirits of the dead.

[​IMG]

Dormer plays a young American woman called Sara. Her twin sister has disappeared under mysterious circumstances and she's setting out to find her, throwing caution and strict warnings to “stay on the path” to the find and ending up experiencing something terrifying for her troubles. Think Blair Witch meets a psychotic Totoro.

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Oh interesting, a TV show that I'm slightly interested in watching, but it is still related to Japan..... Damn it.
    I doubt I'll end up watching it but a ghost story based upon one of Japan's most used suicide destinations which plays heavily on the vengeful spirit element. Man if this was an anime trailer I'd be hyped as hell for a new interesting ghost story.

Anime version when?