Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

New Release Club Winter 2015 vote

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Okay so I have no real idea when I'm going to call this, Jan 5th is the date but that could be in 40minutes to correspond with my timezone, or it could be some random time tomorrow to be closer for a random American timezone.

Anyway @Batosai @Ovyda time is running out and you are the last two to not vote, come join the rest of us.

2. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    no it was actually completely different from Kampfer. The MC wasn't exactly a Genius but he wasn't thick as mud (he was still an idiot but in a different way) and the plot was more colorful and fun. It was kinda stupid but in a fun way and it has fun with it's own silly concept. Meaning it knew what kind of show it was and didn't waste time trying to be overly dark or dramatic or serious in some way. Because even if the bad guys won the earth wouldn't be destroyed people would just lose fetishes which would kind of suck so you do want the bad guys to lose but it's also a silly idea that stays with the tone of the show.

Protip: that isn't constructive criticism that is just you saying you hate Genderbender and refuse to even look at it or judge it fairly.

P.S. Please don't get mad at me Natsuru I'm not trying to insult Kampfer.

The basic concept isn't anything new but it used it rather well. Each character (except maybe the space princess) had a decent personality and the MC wasn't a good ball or someone who would just sit back and take all their shit lying down all the time. It also had some good comedy IMO. Plus the characters work well off each other and even when one does something typical it's still fun to watch how all the other characters react to it.

and I'll say AGAIN! I am not calling these works of art or saying they are 10/10. I am just saying they are more creative and put more effort into being unique than typical harem anime. Because they are still part of the genera they are going to follow at least some parts of the formula but they break away from it enough to feel like their own thing. They reason they still follow certain parts of the formula is because that formula is kind of there for a reason which is that doing things a certain way actually works pretty well and is a good way to have things progress. But they don't just mindlessly follow it without trying anything different.
    No that ending was shit. The show actually started off kind of good. The MC was fairly typical but also actually decently dependable and the girls had more than just one trait to define them. Plus it had some pretty funny moments so it seemed like the show was going to do some cool things with that flag concept. But the plot just kind of fell through and started to get messy and then that ending just comes out of nowhere and completely shifts the genera, tone, etc. So it did have some potential to at least be a fairly decent show but then fell on it's face.

I don't always phrase things the best but look. Every genera has a formula they tend to follow and shows that truely break the mold of that genera are rare. A lot of Mecha tend to be the same with the setting and such only changing a bit and a lot of romantic comedies can be the same in a lot of ways. Harem series are the same and if you generally don't like the genera then the thing is you tend to find every reason to can not to like it. You are just judging them on their basic premises and deciding what they are. If it wasn't unique or different enough for your tastes then that's fine but objectively speaking they did do a good bit different from generic harem shows. Because I know generic there are several harem shows I practically feel asleep watching because they felt so uninspired and generic (like that blade dance show nothing about it felt new or like it had effort put into it). But because I actually like the genera I can really appreciate when a show tries to be it's own thing a little. They normally aren't breaking new frontiers in the genera but they are still trying to write their own story. Besides it's really not easy to be truly original in todays world where so much is already out there.

3. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Metazoxan Oh don't worry, I'm not mad at you, you have done a very good job here imo, although if I didn't have to go to work soon I'd respond with more but, that's prob for the best I not. (More on Maddy's part that is) Btw, if you've seen the below anime, back me up here.

@Sir-Maddy Haganai, THAT is a harem and it is SOOO different from the typical harem but, one thing about the male MC you'd never know unless u saw the very last ep which DOES change things big time from the standard harem formula, also,, the show itself is already different from the norm in that area.

P.s.
    [​IMG]

I'll kindly ask you to refrain from bashing gender benders, Kämpfer and anything of the sort, esp in my presence. I don't go around bashing your Seiyuu or anything else you love and hold dear. *refer to above pic in spoiler again*

4. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Well she said past year so I was focusing on past year alone. But year it does do a lot different and that last episode does mix things up. It appears a bit more generic at first but that's mostly due to all the characters having pretenses so once you start to learn more about what they are hiding things get more interesting.

5. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight Just to know: It's obvious Ansatsu no Kyoushitsu is a good to go, but there's a tie between Death Parade and Kantai Collection, so unless someone that hasn't voted votes, how will it be decided as to which one will be watched?

6. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Well we could either have a 24 hour tie breaker vote or just do what the elimination games do and have someone who voted for each one pick a number. Since we still have several days before either of those air I'd say holding a tie breaker vote would be best.

Alternately those who put one of their votes toward one of the anime that clearly lost at this point could move their vote.

7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Not everyone has voted yet either, there is still @Batosai and Ovyda but he told me to kick him from the club due to having no time.
    Well considering I said the time limit is the 5th and didn't specify a time, how about I just leave this open for a few more hours to see what happens. There is some flexibility with the starting dates so if giving it another few hours doesn't work then a tie breaker will probably be held.

Death Parade [6]
    Supernatural Knight
    Mafiacow
    obdriver6
    BK-201
    Spor
    Wut

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! [3]
    Heizen
    Noobs
    Rod

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu [10]
    Supernatural Knight
    Metazoxan
    Stereoanlange
    OtakuSenseiHig
    obdriver6
    Natsu
    BK-201
    Spor
    Wut
    Natsuru-san

Kantai Collection [6]
    Maddy
    Kiri
    Mafiacow
    Natsu
    KM
    Heizen

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha [4]
    KM
    Noobs
    Natsuru-san
    Rod

Rolling Girls [5]
    Maddy
    Stereoanlange
    Metazoxan
    OtakuSenseiHig
    Kiri

8. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Death Parade [7]
    Supernatural Knight
    Mafiacow
    obdriver6
    BK-201
    Spor
    Wut
    Bato

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! [3]
    Heizen
    Noobs
    Rod

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu [11]
    Supernatural Knight
    Metazoxan
    Stereoanlange
    OtakuSenseiHig
    obdriver6
    Natsu
    BK-201
    Spor
    Wut
    Natsuru-san
    Bato

Kantai Collection [6]
    Maddy
    Kiri
    Mafiacow
    Natsu
    KM
    Heizen

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha [4]
    KM
    Noobs
    Natsuru-san
    Rod

Rolling Girls [5]
    Maddy
    Stereoanlange
    Metazoxan
    OtakuSenseiHig
    Kiri

9. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    and there we go we have our winners.

10. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Well if Meta says it, I don't see why I can't make it official.

The vote is now closed, our winners are Ansatsu Kyoushitsu and Death Parade. What a turn around there so late in the game, and since Ovyda said to kick him we had full participation for the first time that I can recall.
    I'll make the discussion threads later, so I hope everyone doesn't get too bored waiting for the episodes to air in a few days time.

11. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
  12. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Glad Death Parade won without me being here. Totally highlight of the season and possibly of the year as well so early already :)

13. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Well then you arent going to like DxD later on, if any more novels get animated, that is.

14. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    actually isn't it already like that? Technically his power comes from Rias and the Dragon but his growth is basically fueled by his desires so he already gets his power from Ecchi at least in a sense.

Also season 3 is coming in the spring.

15. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    His power does come from Rias but he 'unlocks' a new way to become more powerful.
    Well, 2 new ways, hehe.

16. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    3rd season coming soon, get your hand ready.

Huh?
    What was that?

Kampfer is shit the only thing it had going were the voices[/spoilers]

17. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Now Maddy play nice and don't purposefully antagonize people. I'm not a fan of Kampfer but it wasn't as bad as you act like it is and when someone says "don't bash my favorite show".... just don't.

18. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    But how the fuck can anyone like Kampfer, seriously the LN were trash.
    Girls were shit, MC was a fucktard, and QUALITY.

19. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yes yes yes. We heard you but everyone is free to like what they want. People have guilty pleasures or different tastes but whatever the reason is people may like something you hate. There are things I hate that I can't see anyone liking yet people do. If anyone asks what I think about them I'll tear those shows to shreads. But if some people clearly don't agree with you then there is no need to keep bashing it and upsetting fans. Feel free to share your views on an anime but don't act like your views are the correct ones or that there is something wrong with those that don't agree or think differently. Again not really a Kampfer fan but I just feel you are bashing it and harems in general a bit too much.

How about we bash something else for a bit? Like princess lover (and just in case no offense to any fans of this anime)? The thing I cannot forget about this show is what one commando guy who litterally plans to kill the female lead and other people.....because of jealousy. He spent his childhood living in the slums and looking and the shiny buildings and decided to become a terrorist and attack rich people. I mean damn that is the WORST motivation I have ever heard! It's been a few years since I saw that stupid show so I may have a few details off but I distinctly remember it being something like that. and if I remember correctly the rest of the bad guys either had the same reason or similarly stupid reasons. The show was nothing remarkable to start with but when the whole reason for the MC losing his parents and everyone being in danger is some guy (or guys) is butthurt over other people having a lot more money than him then that just kills it for me.

Sorry for the random mini rant. Just trying to help things move on and it was the first shitty anime that happened to come to mind.

20. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Keiichi-Morisato I'm fairly certain I'll still like DxD even in that case, however, my lv. of enjoyment and rating might go down in that case, as I'm certain was the case with S2. (Although S2 introduced enough to keep the rating high enough and near that of the original S1)

Simple, half the fan base loves or likes Kämpfer, I am NOT the only one Maddy. lol The other half? Dislikes or hates Kämpfer and that is fine with me, np really, AS LONG AS they don't go around bashing the anime, esp on purpose. Meta said he was bashing Princess Lover but to me it seemed more like him nicely saying what he didn't like about it and why. (Constructive criticism) But you on the other hand are purposely going around and bashing Kämpfer anytime it comes up. I got NO PROB if u HATE or even LOATH Kämpfer, you can even on rare occasion to another member say why u don't like it (I'd say me but, I've heard it too many times and each time was bashing) and I won't have a prob with that at all AS LONG AS you aren't going around and NEEDLESSLY bashing Kämpfer or anyone/thing in it. People who bash anime, well, I can't agree with or say I approve of that kind of behavior when it is not necessary. So one last time, I'll kindly ask u to please quit bashing Kamfer and the like. Arigato. And trust me, there ARE plenty of things I don't like, but I don't go around bashing it. Biggest example involving anime?

Lucky Star. 1 full 24 min ep dedicated to nothing but food talk and how to eat it etc. Then I find out that's what the next ep or two is about and roughly this is the set up of how the whole anime is about. Never have I been so tortured (Yes, tortured) trying to watch an anime, yet I love the OP song, the char desings, their voices and just the shear colorfulness of it, but I can't stand the story (What story?) itself. I practically HATE LS' story and thus the anime despite loving the rest about it, but I'm not bashing it, simply stating what I dislike about it and why and I also know some people who love that anime, yet I don't go around bashing it, esp not every time it's brought up. Like Meta said, people have different tastes but respecting people is key.

One more thing. I think you're forgetting about the hot lesbian kisses in Kampfer to which u agreed u enjoyed. ;)

Oh and, as for Haganai, if you're asking what that is regarding the male MC, sorry, I'm not about to spoil this great anime for u, get someone else to, look it up on a wiki OR, watch it yourself. :)