Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

New Fate/stay night Anime by ufotable Premieres Fall 2014

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Sir-Maddy, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    The ninth volume of Kadokawa's Type-Moon Ace magazine is announcing on Thursday that the new Fate/stay night anime animated by ufotable will begin airing on Japanese television this fall. Takahiro Miura (Fate/Zero, The Garden of Sinners episode director) will direct the anime, while Atsushi Ikariya, Tomonori Sudou, and Hisayuki Tabata will be adapting Takashi Takeuchi's original character designs.

Animation studio ufotable's founder Hikaru Kondo announced last July that ufotable will produce a new Fate/stay night project. Kondo did not specify the format that the new project will take, nor did he specify if the project would be a remake.

Studio DEEN previously animated the Fate/stay night television anime series in 2006. The studio also produced the Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works film in 2010, which covered The Unlimited Blade Works storyline from Type-Moon's game franchise.

Sentai Filmworks released both the television anime series and the film in North America. Funimation had released the television series before that in 2009. Tokyopop published 11 volumes of Datto Nishiwaki's manga version in North America before its North American branch shut down in May 2011.

The studio ufotable previously animated the Fate/Zero prequel television anime series that was based on Gen Urobuchi and Type-Moon's novel. Aniplex of America released that series in North America on Blu-ray Disc, and the company then reissued the series on DVD and Blu-ray Disc with an English dub.

2. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I heard the new series is going to be its own "original story" not based on the visual novel, although Shiro Emiya is still the main character. Kinda disappointing if this is true because I was really looking forward to finally getting to see Saber Alter fully animated in Heaven's Feel, or at least a remake of the original Fate route. It may be for the best though because admittedly I was rather disappointed by ufotable's work in Fate/Zero, so I'd still like to see yet another studio take a jab at animating the rest of the visual novel.