Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Need some opinions

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Dungeon Master, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    So, I was thinking of getting a few DVD sets for myself around December and I figured I'd ask the good people of Dubtopia for advice. There's two shows that I was planning on, Infinite Stratos Season 2 since I really liked the first season and Watamote because it looked pretty good from what I saw of it. Has anyone seen either/both of these shows and if so, were they any good in your opinion? I don't need a full review, just a quick opinion would be fine.

Thanks, guys. Stay classy, Dubtopia.

2. Commander Theriot Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I highly recommend chaos;head, steins;gate, and robotics;notes. Also black lagoon. The first are psychological thrillers. Black lagoon is all out action. If you're looking for something like IS (which I also loved) check out Rosario+Vampire.

3. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Don't get IS season 2. While season 1 was decent and spent a fair bit of time developing each character season 2 mostly just wastes time because they only introduce really 2 characters and only one of them joins Ichika's harem. So a lot of time is wasted on random junk like the girls throwing a pangent like thing amoung themselves to impress Ichika and just other random junk that drags out and doesn't lead to anything. Meanwhile there is a mysterious girl who we never learn a damn thing about despite her being foreshadowed since the very start.

So yeah while I didn't think season 1 was too amazing it was at least decent enough to be worth watching but season 2 just felt like filler.

I can make some better recommendations to you later once I have some time to look over stuff. If you want other recommendations maybe give a list of some of your favorite and most hated anime if you can so that I can get a grasp on what to recommend for you.

4. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Funny story, I've seen Rosario + Vampire (both seasons) and I actually have the Steins;Gate visual novel on my computer. I really need to get back to that novel, I keep hearing a lot of good things about it. I'll check out Black Lagoon, too.

That's what I was afraid of. I did a little checking around and it looks like the second season definitely isn't as good as the first. I'll probably just save my money and wait for something I really want, like the new Fate/Stay Night anime which I'm REALLY hoping might come out on DVD sometime next year. Although I guess that might be asking a little too much.

Don't worry about recommendations, I'm not really "looking" to get any new shows at the moment.

Thanks for the help, guys.