Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Need help on this

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by CrunchDrop, May 14, 2017.

1. CrunchDrop Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I was going through all my old manga collection and I stumble upon this Macross vol 1 manga that's all in Japanese and it's in color too but I don't remember me having/getting this or were I got it from.?

[​IMG]

My Japanese isn't really that good so I can't find any thing about this on google.

2. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    This makes it difficult as your image is broken so I can't view the piece. My guess is since you said it's old manga you likely have a vintage piece pre-dating back to the 80's era. If so what I think you have is the Motion Picture version that was released in 1982. Let me know if this is the piece your speaking of @CrunchDrop.
    Macross.jpg

3. CrunchDrop Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
  4. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Alright, it's still a 1982 release from what I can tell though I'm having a hard time finding out who the publisher is. The piece I found is actually a later rendition of yours being a 1984 release. I'll continue to try to get answers, though I think what you have is a rare piece. I'll keep you in the loop if I should did up anything else. ​

5. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Ok I finally have your answer. A company by the name of Tatsunoko Production had the rights at that time up until the end of 1984 or early 1985 when they later licensed Macross to Harmony Gold, who then produced Robotech as we know it. What you have is a early piece produced by Tatsunoko Production before Harmony Gold acquired the licensing rights. If I were you I'd hold onto it and safe guard it especially if it's in good shape. There are very very few of these books left from what I can tell. Not sure how you got such a nice find but count yourself lucky I guess.​

6. CrunchDrop Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Wow thanks for the info, I always thought it was some dumb 3rd party manga book but I guess I have a something good :eek: Ya I have know ideal how I got it but that's really cool I have something like that in my collection.