Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Need help deciding on a new phone

Discussion in 'Tech Temple' started by Metazoxan, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Which one?

1. Stylo 2

100.0%
  2. Zmax Pro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Okay I"m trying to decide between this
    https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone/lg-stylo-2-plus
    and this
    https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-phone/zte-zmax-pro-prepaid
    I found this video which compares the two

but I'm still uncertain. and just for fun I'll even make a poll for it although I still want actual advice because
    each one has it's pros and cons

I kind of like the stylus function of the stylo but I don't need it.

I don't like how the Zmax apparently can't have it's back and battery removed but that's not a complete deal breaker.

I like how the Zmax has a bigger screen and higher resolution but I'm not sure if maybe it's TOO big and I'm not a graphics whore so higher resolution doesn't immediately sell it for me.

The Zmax has twice the space of the stylo 2 but 16 gigs isn't bad at all.

Also the stylo is from LG which is a brand I recognize more but lesser known companies can still make good stuff.

#1 Metazoxan, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  2. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    If you were to ask me I'd go with the LG Stylo 2 Plus @Metazoxan . Here are my reasons being the pros & I'll follow things up with the cons after. I'll also add what features are the same of these given phones in the end so you can strictly focus on the pros & cons between the two. So lets dive in as to why I'm leaning with the LG Stylo 2 Plus.

Pros of the LG Stylo:
    #1. More compact making it easier to handle with say a single hand (not that much smaller over the Zmax)
    #2. Replaceable battery (Slightly better batery life over the Zmax)
    #3. Styles function
    #4. Built in Power Saver that can be enabled
    #5. Dual Window feature allowing you to split the screen and multitask with two apps at the same time
    #6. Blue light filter for reduced eyestrain at nighttime
    #7. Video calling
    #8. Picturing taking during video recording
    #9. Micro USB

Cons of the LG Stylo:
    #1. Heavy UI Layer
    #2. Lower resolution quality when compared to the Zmax (Little under 720p display)
    #3. Low internal storage at 16GB, with the already pre-installed apps remaining storage is greatly reduced (Likely need a microSD card if you lack storage).

Pros of the Zmax:
    #1. Full 1080p display
    #2. Better processor being equipped with the Snapdragon 617
    #3. Less bloatware pre-installed
    #4. 32GB of storage (Double that of the LG)
    #5. Slightly cheaper

Cons of the Zmax:
    #1. Dim screen even with brightness setting on high
    #2. Only supports GSM SIM Card from the information I found
    #3. Does not support NFC
    #4. Battery is Sealed and does not have fast charging
    #5. No micro USB

What they share in common:
    #1. 1080p at 30fps video recording and 5 megapixel face camera (Both LED Flash)
    #2. Support for microSD cards up to 256GB's
    #3. Fingerprint Scanner
    #4. 3.5mm audio jack & USB 2.0
    #5. Gorilla Glass 3 being scratch resistant
    #6. Both sport Bluetooth, though the LG has slightly newer version)

Well that's about it really. If I missed anything it couldn't be helped. Anyway in the end I hope this helps you to pick out a phone.

3. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    #5. Dual Window feature allowing you to split the screen and multitask with two apps at the same time
    #6. Blue light filter for reduced eyestrain at nighttime
    #7. Video calling
    #8. Picturing taking during video recording

where did you get this from? because I don't remember reading about these.

also what do you mean by #1. Heavy UI Layer?

4. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    I'd say take the stylo probably.
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/ZTE-Zmax-Pro,LG Stylo 2 Plus/phones/10048,10179

Personally I like:
    having NFC for transferring content between phones or upgrading between phones
    Micro USB - Im not on the Type C train just yet. Not a whole lot of cables yet either.
    Stylus - hey its handy
    Replaceable battery (especially if you feel the need to hold on to the phone long term)

Definitely need to pick up a microSD card though. If you're up to it, format it so it expands the internal memory rather than removable media.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    @Metazoxan I pulled the information from PhoneArena. On the homepage if you look all the way to the left hand side you'll see Tools, and beneath that just select the compare phones option. I compared both phones this way and that's how I got this information. It's how I finally came to my own decision when I was first looking to buy a phone. The site is a premium website for new phone information such as full specifications, in-depth reviews, latest news, carrier available and upcoming phones. It features dedicated phone discussions, advanced phone filter, visual size comparison and 360 degree views of all hot phones as well as older models. A few friends and Bestbuy workers recommended it to me saying it was a quick and easy way to get all the specifications and in-depth details for comparisons.

As for Heavy UI Layer that just means the homepage is heavily covered with apps or other tools. That's why most of the internal storage is already used up on the device which is it's one downfall. Still if you can invest in a microSD Card that easily takes care of the issue. Well I hope that answered your question Meta and best of luck to you.

Edit: After updating the page I see Shadow Links already provided the page info of the site I was talking about.​

6. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Just to let you know after talking with some others I decided on the Z Max instead.

Thanks for the advice though it did help me feel like I was making a more informed decision.

7. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Your welcome anytime. I think the Z Max will be a fitting phone for you until you need a replacement in the future. Best of luck ​

8. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Ah, if I had seen this thread earlier. I would have just said get an iPhone 6 :p