Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Music Videos that produce the most Feels

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Rayden413, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Rayden413 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Oh yes. It is that time people. I wanna know what music videos you know of that produce the most feels. Preferably anime based since this is a forum about anime. I've been on a Feels trip lately and I want to know what you all think as well as what you have to amp up the ante.

I'll start this off with Shelter by Porter Robinson and Madeon. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This was featured on the (official) Toonami Facebook page today. I thought it was pretty interesting. Kind of wish they could make a TV series for it. Could make a solid 6 episode mini-feature.

3. Rayden413 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0

The fascinating story about this video is that these two artists teamed up with Crunchyroll and an animation studio to make it. I agree that they could make a nice little mini-series out of it.

4. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    I 100% enjoyed Shelter, so much so I had to write a review for it. I mean it was just executed and directed so well. And with both Porter & Robinson teaming up with Studios & Cruncyroll it only made it better. As far as wanting a mini-series I have to stand firmly against it. My reason being it's stronger standing on it's own. We the viewers didn't need long running segments to get the emotion from this piece . So why would we need more? And if for some reason we did I would strongly encourage a movie vs a short series. You could even have multiple movies on taking place before said events of the story & taking place after.

As for your request here's a lengthy video for you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Vladnyx I skipped though that video, and sorry to the creator but I found that incredibly boring. I loved Kotonoha no Niwa, but hearing it dubbed and cut down like that, BOOOO. I think I'll rewatch it someday soon enough since I just got the DVD for Christmas. When did anime get so hard for me to watch in english?

As for Shelter, I liked it enough but I didn't get all emotional over it. It was just a nicely animated short for me, but nothing groundbreaking.

As for this topic, I've watched tons of music videos and unfortunately most aren't all that emotional or feels worthy. Some of the best ones typically derive from a franchise that was popular enough to be used in a music video. Otherwise they are what they are.
    Any Love Live music video is a fun watch if you're a fan of the franchise
    Ghibli's On Your Mark was pretty well done, it is a mini Ghibli movie after all. It is a shame that they have tried to distance themselves form it now that the performers have been involved in a scandal.
    Deco 27 has some interesting stuff, especially Egomama

Tekken is amazing when it comes to feels music videos. His Follow me has to be one of the best examples of an emotional music video. They liked it so much that they made it an official alternative music video for the song.

Most of Tekken's stuff is emotional so it isn't any surprise.

And while they are no long feels trip I think that any thread about official anime music videos [everything I've mentioned is found on MAL] wouldn't be complete without mentioning The TV Show and Sing in My Own Way

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    I don't blame you for skipping through that video. Went in knowing anyone who's seen the actual film might have a distaste for what the creator tried to do. For me it was a introduction to said film this year, or should I say last year being as it's now 2017. I'd watched the full film and liked it enough to buy. Like you I'm beginning to find it increasingly hard to watch English Dubs and Iv'e no idea why or when the transition happened.

As for you not getting all emotional over Shelter again I understand. Not everyone has the same heartstrings to pluck away at. Some strings are harder than others. Were all tuned to different emotions. Now Tekken, I'd zero clue about. I'd heard the song several times, even radio I think yet I never knew the origins behind it. So for that thanks for sharing. ​

7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Oh so that fan made music video was your introduction to Makoto Shinkai's short film? I see, that explains why you could enjoy it, since I was already a fan it was hard for me the moment I realised it wasn't a proper AMV. I thought it'd be a mash up of emotional anime or something staring Shinkai's works. Too bad I guess.
    I know right? Eventually we just grow accustomed to hearing Japanese with our anime. English bad. Yeah let's trash what our website's content is a bit more.

I've always thought that I was stronger when it came to emotional anime, but that changed a while back now. I don't know why but I've been finding different series emotional for a variety of reasons. I think Uchuu Kyoudai started that change for me. But even with that Shelter was just a nice watch not an emotional one for me.
    Anytime, if you liked Tekken's Follow Me, you should search for a few of his others. Typically everyone enjoys his Furiko about the same amount. My personal favourite was Kazoku no Hanashi though, those family bonding moments.
    https://myanimelist.net/people/26975/Tekken
    An easy list of what to search for his stuff.

If anyone else wants more official anime music videos just tag me, I've seen a crap load of them. Why do I say that, because on my list I have 379 of them sitting there for others to find.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I remember seeing On Your Mark as a little kid, great memories. The duo that sang for that video, Chage & ASKA, are one of my fav JPOP acts from the 90's. If only ASKA hadn't gotten involved with drugs!!:mad::mad:

9. Rayden413 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight While I think your AMVs are interesting in of itself. I don't feel anything from them. The video content was good for Tekken, but the song was way to forceful and energetic to get anything from me. Perhaps the same video with something softer(?) would elicit some emotion from me. But all in all the series of videos didn't really give any feels.

I can also see why you might not feel anything from Shelter. It's a piece that really pulls a certain heartstring. Loneliness and loss. If you don't really have a deep connection to both then you probably wouldn't feel anything. Myself, I was a lonesome kid when I was younger and I lost many relatives that I cared about early in my life causing me to be even more lonely than what I was when I began.

@Vladnyx Perhaps if it was shorter? And there wasn't much music to go with it. I'm not sure if I can count it. But then again, I only got halfway through before giving up. I get the gist of the story. But there's the main issue, It's just way too long.

Here's my next

I'm a huge fan of Porter Robinson as it is. He has a lot of songs that really speak to me. So I'm sorry for spamming his music.

10. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    @Rayden413 there isn't any need to be sorry for spamming Porter Robinson. Anyway maybe these videos will strike a cord. Likely just the first one, but randomly came across the other three which I thought were unique in there own right.

11. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Anime AMVs - warning these will contain spoilers

The last one is made sadder by the tragic death of Christina Grimmie last year. R.I.P

Non Anime

Anything by an artist that died. For me the video that stands out the most is "Where is the Bud?" by Lord Infamous. After almost twenty years his most popular song finally got a music video right before he died. Which was even sadder because he was so excited about Three 6 Mafia finally getting back together after a decade, only for him to die only a few months after they re-formed. Then add that Koopsta died two years later and it makes it hard for me to watch without getting emotional. R.I.P Lord and Koop