Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

MechWarrior Chessboard

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Core, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    This is a chessboard and room I made for my finals in my CAD class. I decided to make it in a MechWarrior theme, and this was before I heard about MechWarrior 5.
    Now, while it would have been more fitting to put this in the Creative section, I feel that gamer's would be more interested in seeing this.
    MW Rendering 2.png

It had to be made in a room setting, and I considered that a destroyed room would be more fitting, due to the board style. Black and white are differentiated by the color of the rust, while the tiles are styled after rust and concrete. Broken concrete walls surround the battlefield, and the bottom board is raised to indicate the "high ground" of the board. The multiple boards are for millennial (no, not the brats) 3D chess, using the bottom as ground with destruction, middle as sky with clouds, and lastly, top as space with grid.
    MW Rendering 1.png

Some close-ups to the playing ground:
    MW  Rendering 3.png MW  Rendering 4.png MW  Rendering 5.png

And now the pieces themselves.
    This is the order (not properly to scale):
    Pawns- Elemental
    Rook- Longbow
    Knight- Bush Wacker
    Bishop- Raven
    King- Mobile Field Base (this is what they look like in action: http://www.mirai.ne.jp/~raizo/game/mech/mech3/mech3-MFB-repairchu.jpg)
    Queen: Vulture (
    Atlas may have fit the MW Piece 1.png
    And now the pieces themselves.
    This is the order (not properly to scale):
    Pawns- Grey Death
    Rook- Daishi
    Knight- Owens
    Bishop- Thor/Summoner
    King- Mobile Field Base
    Queen: Madcat/Timberwolf

MW Piece 2.png

I think I should have used Atlas in place of Vulture, but there are just so many notable mechs to choose from.
    So! Any thoughts? I had to keep the detail low for 3D printer reasons.
    [​IMG]
    (I only got to print one)

2. NeekoWolfie Floofy Wolfie/CM

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    that is awesome