Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Last Person to Post Wins

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Sporadic, May 6, 2013.

1. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    @hikikomori *pokes* Wake up!!

[​IMG]

2. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Noobs wrote:
    no no not that bath! please not that bath!!! pleaase nooooo! remembering those scenes are just unbearable. But see the impact it still has, those scenes were great. I was searching Ghost Hunt gifs and came across those scenes, even without the dialogue I got shivers, such an amazing show. I think I need to rewatch this sometime soon along with Tari Tari.
    Ah and just so Mafia knows sort of what I mean I managed to find a gif with the bath partially in it.
    Whatwhatwhatwhatwhat? Gore that people are calling "unbearable"?? Oh, I definitely need to see this~ (Couldn't really see anything from that gif though :p )now this is appropriate [​IMG]
    Guys guys guys, can we settle this? It's not "giff" like people think it's pronounced, nor "jiff" like the creator of them says it's pronounced, but rather, "jaiff" like the subtle j- sound and the vowel sound from "sky".Let’s keep this thread rollin’[​IMG]
    All of the what. XD

3. PureEbil Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    PureEbil wrote:
    Well I dont have gif abilities but I thought I would chime in Is who I meant. It’s OK. [​IMG] I’ve run out of Gifs.Let’s keep this thread rollin’
    [​IMG]
    o.o I believe there to be an equal misunderstanding I was refering to the same thing as shogun. As not having an entire storage of gifs as well but thx anyway

4. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    My apologies Shogun and Pureebil!

[​IMG]

5. PureEbil Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    :D of course I enjoyed the funny

6. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    ok ill contribute to it be rollin.

7. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ironic rolling gif stops thread from rolling. So what is everyone watching this season anything interesting?

8. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    ^ Well it was fun the other day, everyone was responding and then that stopped so this happens. About the new releases for what everyones watching you could go and check out a pretty interesting club, I hear its a fun club, its called the new release club and luckily its about this topic, who'd have thought?

Whatwhatwhatwhatwhat? Gore that people are calling “unbearable”?? Oh, I definitely need to see this~ (Couldn’t really see anything from that gif though [​IMG] )

Not really @mafiacow, it is more of how it was presented with the atmosphere. It wasn't even that gory but it was still a really good series, Ghost Hunt even has an Australian in it, it is bloody hilarious. You should watch Ghost Hunt some time, although it has to be watched late at night with minimal lights, if there is some sort of storm or something outside that s even better.

9. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am not a member of the new release club for some reason, i realized that last season when i wanted to talk about kill la kill but couldnt post there. Actually this reminds me i should join that club now... i used to not watch alot of current stuff but recently i have been watching some at school with some friends. also was not aware you are one of the heads of said group... bit awkward

10. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Yeah I never use to watch new releases but then I started with Another back in the beginning of 2012 and have continued since then, a bit before Another I didn't even watch subs so it was a quick change for me. You could have joined for Kill la Kill, it was an interesting watch.
    Haha yeah I'm not just one of the heads, I am the one and only leader/creator of that group, the other is Lince and he's necessary for any club to have as an advisor I think. I made it back on JD and since then we've had fun over the years, I haven't regretted making it at all. Although my watch list is much larger than before it is great to see so many new shows before anyone has the chance to spoil them.

11. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I've not seen Ghost Hunt. 2 people keep banging on about it. Is it any good? I don't even know what the plot to it is. (Too lazy to look up MAL).

12. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight Nice~ I'll definitely check it out. And from "Australian in it", I'm guessing I should dub?
    Oh, and Another is also on my want to watch.

13. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Ghost Hunt is great, but it all relies on how/when you watch it. Watching it late at night with poor lighting and a storm or at least rain is perfect conditions to get the most out of it. Sure it is still good without all of these things but just for the general atmosphere it is best to watch something like this with at least the night condition being met. As for what its about Veritas, would you believe friendship and happiness? Thats why you need the night viewing to understand just how bright this show is.

@mafiacow, yeah watch the dub, I haven't watched the sub version yet but it is bloody hilarious listening to an American from Texas trying to do an Aussie accent. For better or worse it is really memorable.
    And Another, nice, for this one I'd recommend the sub for when you do give it a go. English VA's haven't learnt how to spaz out energetically yet so I wouldn't expect too much from its dub. The important thing with this series is being patient.

14. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Without spoiling anything i was not overly a fan of where it went later in the series early on i very much liked it though. Also best part for me was this

[youtube]http://youtu.be/O_Qx7R5sR50[/youtube]

15. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I have to admit I liked Another until the last 2 episodes. They just pulled a plot twist from the sky that made no sense whatsoever.

Also, I still find it funny how I couldn't tell the difference between any of Ali Project's songs. Like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTrDjUR744c

We watched Shigofumi at anime society and I didn't realise until we finished watching it that the society changed the song for the opening every week without us realising!

16. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    They just pulled a plot twist from the sky that made no sense whatsoever.

THIS!

17. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    You guys are too much thinking that Another became bad because of the amazing plot twist at the end. If you rewatch it with the knowledge you now have you notice that there are hints all throughout the entire series, and when paired with a bit of a common thought it really does make sense. The pacing in the final 2 eps becomes a bit hectic but I really enjoyed it nonetheless.
    And lets not forget that animation, I love the animation PA Works does.

Wampa I found the op to be kind of average, it was decent enough but it didn't psych me up ready to watch for what cursed twists will happen this time. When compared to setting the mood, the opening for Ghost Hunt I found to be more effective and it did it without images of the characters or even lyrics.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHaxcnHRJoc

I haven't yet watched Shigofumi Veritas, how was it?

18. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Shigofumi is good! It's been a while since I saw it now. But, I remember enjoying it very much. So much mystery and you get all the answers in a rather emotional ending. I highly recommend watching it! It's not the best anime I have ever see, but it is certainly gripping to watch! Everyone should see it!

19. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah i can agree with you on that one knight. The opening was not the best fit for Another i like it more as just an opening song. I see what you mean with that ghost hunt opening as well it does appear to be very mood setting indeed. While i have not rewatched Another i know what you mean. After i watched it i realized some hints they did with the lighting and other little things but i dont know how much that would affect my view of it in a rewatch. I think i would of enjoyed it more if it didnt turn into a kind of murder mystery whodunit near the end and stayed the more creepy mysterious thing it was earlier.

20. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    @super yeah i did rewatch the first 3 eps and those were hell of hints. i did say before that they were feeding as wrong information for us to think what they want us to think. for that reason, it made me rage when they told us the most vital "ability" of you" know who" on the last 2 episodes.

hmmm shigofumi huh...