Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Last Person to Post Wins

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Sporadic, May 6, 2013.

1. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is also a possibility that we inadvertently scare some potential new members off. Right now we dont get many posts by people other than the usual members and only seeing us all as what appears to be a group that mostly know each other ,to one degree or another, may discourage some people from trying to join us.

2. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    thats the upside for random things. one can join without fear. yeah you have a point there. from my point, we dont fail in the spreading the news as our facebook page does the advertising.

3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Not sure what our facebook page does, I only very rarely check it [which I've noticed that the answers to our weekly puzzles are already up, great puzzles by the way] so how good a job does it actually do? I see pictures and day posts but thats about the extent of it.

It is also a possibility that we inadvertently scare some potential new members off. Right now we dont get many posts by people other than the usual members and only seeing us all as what appears to be a group that mostly know each other ,to one degree or another, may discourage some people from trying to join us.

So we aren't allowed to post in friendly tones with one another any more? Alright lets get on that ya bastards. Okay so seriously, there isn't anything we can do about that, natural cliques do form and it is a fact of life be it online or in life. If our frequency decreases the forum dies, if we increase it we appear to friendly with one another. We've always been a small-ish community so it is unavoidable, but wouldn't it be better giving off a friendly appearance, who wants to join a group where all they do is bitch and curse at one another? So even if we do seem close knit, I see it more as an encouragement to post so that the new members feel welcomed and decide to stick around also. Kind of the reason we are all here isn't it, anime brought us together and our communities attitude has kept us together.

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    thats the upside for random things. one can join without fear. yeah you have a point there. from my point, we dont fail in the spreading the news as our facebook page does the advertising.

Yeah I pretty much just hung out in the asylum when I joined JustDubs till I got to know everyone.

5. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    same here. most of my activity are all in the asylum xD i even witnessed the battle on who gets the title of asylum king. was a bloody battle (floody battle).

well nono's way of making activity is posting echii pics on the page. subconsciously we love echii stuff maybe thats what he has in mind.

this site still maintained the friendly atmosphere as far as im concerned. maybe lets just give them some time to lurk and observe. thats how most of the recent members got it. lurk and observe.

6. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I was going to say I never lurked when I first joined but then remembered that I spent two days lurking and checking out the community to see if I'd fit in. Needless to say I thought it was going to be a hell of a lot of fun joining so I did. Once I made my account though I got straight into things, joined ghibli club and anime cafe, VM'd complete strangers, chatted on Xat and even delved right into the chaotic world of Last Person. Was a fun time that first day, definitely one of the reasons I stuck around with this community. Although a lot of my posts did stay in the asylum at least I was active instantly and continued to do so.

7. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    I also dived right in when I joined this community, I was posting everywhere and joining any club that looked interesting.

8. silvo Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I remember when i first joined JD i was inactive for about half a year. I of course rediscovered the site and spent a fair amount of time lurking through out the forums. what attracted me so much to the forum was the friendliness everyone on it had. so I think it's more appealing than discouraging. but i can see where a tight nit group would be intimidating

9. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yea it is an iffy thing that we can not do anything about and that really depends on the person in question. A younger me for example would simply lurk on forums for quite some time learning about everything that was going on and then eventually join and hope it worked out. But yea it is definitely a matter of the person i only thought about it due to me having a similar problem earlier in life. lol this is a bit funny to me sometimes this topic is just a spam of randomness but others stuff like this comes up and it turns into a discussion

10. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    and other factors too aside from the person involved.

discussions like this just come out of randomly. who can stop a discussion when there are those that wants to talk? well aside from the technical problems. xD

11. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I remember when i first joined JD i was inactive for about half a year. I of course rediscovered the site and spent a fair amount of time lurking through out the forums. what attracted me so much to the forum was the friendliness everyone on it had. so I think it’s more appealing than discouraging. but i can see where a tight nit group would be intimidating

This,  the friendliness was a definite plus as it showed how close some of the members got with one another. I remember while I was in my initial lurk time before registering viewing some of the threads and seeing the whole playful banter. Even snide comments seemed to always be well received amongst the friend groups making it seem like an actual friend group from RL instead of a bunch of temperamental strangers that were out for blood.

lol this is a bit funny to me sometimes this topic is just a spam of randomness but others stuff like this comes up and it turns into a discussion

I see Wampa was never a regular in this thread, after my joining I hijacked this thread and basically turned it into a random discussion thread. With the era of spam slowly decreasing, this thread essentially became the skype chat before everyone was using Skype frequently. The good old days back when there was plenty of discussion everywhere.

12. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    This, the friendliness was a definite plus as it showed how close some of the members got with one another...

making it seem like an actual friend group from RL instead of a bunch of temperamental strangers that were out for blood.

That's good, you just keep thinking that while I close in the gap and sink my fangs into you

13. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Indeed Knight i never really paid much attention to this thread except near the end of JD and the refugee due to maybe actually seeing who that last post was going to be. Apparently doomguy is also a vampire huh never knew. Random aside found out about this site recently and it is a great time sink for in between classes and is really funny with a bunch of friends yelling at each side....except you loss all your money alot http://www.saltybet.com

14. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Doomguy, I'll be sure to wash my neck for you just in case...

So you never paid this thread any attention at all until the end of the previous sites, thats a bit of a downer Wampa. This thread could have done with more activity at those times esp the refuge.
    Also that site, I'm so confused, maybe you need to know the characters or have an interest in watching fighting games or be completely surrounded by people that fit either of my first two possibilities but...
    I didn't find it to be anything special at all, although I merely watched 1 round and was reading the comments in the chat, apparently it is rigged according to the most popular comments on that chat.

15. silvo Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Indeed Knight i never really paid much attention to this thread except near the end of JD and the refugee due to maybe actually seeing who that last post was going to be.

@Wampa you were always more prone to the counting endlessly thread if i'm not mistaken right?

16. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    There is no counting endlessly thread. Only a "This Year in Doomguy History" thread. A thread within a thread, threadception!

17. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You must of gotten a one sided as hell game then knight and really it shines when you are with a bunch of people that are getting really into it as well as one person betting all in every game.(Or ridiculous characters fighting like Popeye the sailor or simba vs. a kraken) Indeed silvo when i just started posting that was the easiest thread to get acclimated into and i just never lost the habit of checking it

18. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    I only started posting in the Last person thread near the end of JD's life.

19. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alright @Supernatural-Knight that facebook post got me very curious, how did gurren lagann relate to a class? Actually thinking about it my psychology professor showed a Final fantasy X amv twice last semester to prove a point but i am still curious and maybe if anyone else has had a similar random anime encounter like that.

20. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @wampa, you see it was a visual art/design class in high school and the teacher watched anime to begin with. Considering for the design aspect we were doing looking at animation he played one for us [Vandread], it also helps that it was at a time of year when activity generally slowed down hugely  and classes were disrupted. After that it became part of the class itself since it was only very few of us there and we'd watch some anime at about the same time of year from then on. Gurren Lagann was the 2nd show that was played for us and we watched maybe 3-4 eps of it in total. We'd talk about games and everything else like that, he even had Black Lagoon on DVD and discussed it with us along with a mature scene from Wicked City.

It was an awesome class, throughout highschool we watched bits of [never the whole thing except for movies] Metropolis, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Gurren Lagann, Vandread, Heroic Age, Aquarion, Kaze no Stigma and  Burst Angel. In other classes we managed to see some of Kiki's Delivery Service and Trigun as well. Ah the spoils of going to school.