Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Kiseijuu

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    watched ep 5

so much for my wishful thinking...

THEY DID BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so women are the ones that can sense something is off compared to males. intuition, mother's instincts, or girl thing maybe? idk but most of the characters shown that can do it are mostly women.

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Noobs I'm not sure if they did both, the mother is definitely dead [the op spoils this anyway, that one scene where her face gets the lines on it] but the father could still be alive. He was stabbed yes but you never know with these kinds of shows. Your wishful thinking wasn't enough I'm afraid, when the script is 20 years old things are kind of set in stone.

I think it has more to do with how much attention people pay to others. Shinichi's mother is obviously his mother and he has been acting strangely. His father might be oblivious, how absorbed in tech he is means he is paying much less attention to him than the mother, so it might be more that he never pays full attention to him. The female crush likes him and hangs out daily, so any changes are obvious.
    The new girl is where I get stuck, we know nothing about her so perhaps she has keen observation skills, who knows?
    He never had any male friends anyway so apart from his father there is no males that could tell he is obviously different.

I'm also not sure what to think about him blaming Migi for his mother dying.

3. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    i did put the amount of attention into account when it comes to his mother and "kinda girl" friend since they hang or see each other often and have close relationship to shinichi but its not just that in how i see it. yes the father acted oblivious on it but a father mostly just watches and are not showy with their emotion (typical japanese father i must say). if i was the father i would have just though of shinichi's action as "he is now starting to become a man" because of his son growing up.

well shinichi had a bad feeling about his parents going on a trip knowing there are others like migi lurking in the shadows so of course he has the right to partially blame migi. im not sure what was in migi's mind when he suggested that its just fine for his parents to go. well i can only think of the reasons why:

1. he just want his parents to move out of the house so he could roam freely coz hiding is tiring on his part.
    2. he just want to calm shinichi down. shinichi is a worry wart about anything related to migi.

4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I don't know about you but if my son started acting that weird I'd think something was up too. Considering how weird he has been it wouldn't be that strange if there was at least some hallucinogen being used by him. All the screaming he has been doing lately would be sounding some serious alarm bells in my head.

Actually I don't think there was anything cunning about Migi telling Shinichi to allow them to go. Migi based it off the likelihood of meeting other parasytes. Since they need to eat people to live it is safe to assume that not that many would be outside of cities. The less people around means the harder it is to find food. The mother dying happened to be an unfortunate accident caused by a chain of coincidences.

I also feel I must ask about the wording the father used a few eps back to describe what Shinichi might have been doing. Did you find how blunt he was about his son "spanking the monkey" hilarious too or was that just me?

5. ReiAyanamies Guro Queen.

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I have to say when the series first started, I was wary about how they were going to pace it. As of this morning when I watched episode 6, I have to say I'm very pleased with the pacing of the anime so far. AND, I'm not usually one for liking constant cliffhangers at the end, but for some reason it keeps working with Kiseijuu.

I totally did not expect that when Migi detached from Shinichi's arm to basically become his heart that it would enhance Shinichi's sight and hearing. This is pretty cool. Which in turn, makes me wonder how that is going to play out when they come across other parasytes, will Migi be viewed as a failure still since he didn't get into Shinichi's brain? We may possibly find that out next week.
    [​IMG]

Also didn't expect Shinichi to seem so muscular.

6. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Been a while since anyone has posted in here, I wonder if others are just busy or are ignoring this series? Since I've missed a few I'll leave my thoughts about things first then post about ep 11 below.

At above: I really enjoyed that ep where he went to see his father, those new found athletic skills are amazing. I think being repaired by Migi has made him better than before, I mean he is so much stronger and all he had to pay was his ability to cry and a bit of his humanity.
    Also another half alien person, I like this guy so I am hoping for a lot more screen time from him.

That scene where he threw the dog in the trash bin was great, I hope we get more instances where it shows exactly how much his personality has been changed. Last weeks ep where he pulled a face that was as if he were going to kill Murano would be another of these instances.
    That rock throw from last week as well, bloody good shot, Shinichi should definitely think about joining some sports clubs now.
    And that stupid glasses bitch confronting the alien by herself, wow. Who expected that this show would have a genius classmate?

Anyway this newest episode, that is quite a dream sequence..... Creepy stalker chick that I can't figure out why she found him attractive is still being creepy. Shinichi has a harem and he is unaware of it, yeah sounds like a lot of other just harem anime but I much prefer this kind of story.
    It also exposed the kew flaw in the idea to identify the parasytes, good luck finding one and running away.
    We also had the complete destruction of a yakuza base, it sucks that they managed to do so little damage but at the same time it was some great footage so I can't exactly complain about it.
    And finally we have a parasite that is running for mayor, well shit.

7. OtakuSenseiHig Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I actually am enjoying this show but i'd rather not discuss it i dont know why but i feel as though if i discuss it i will find things i hate about it and stop watching for a time and i really dont want to do that

8. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Finally up to date and able to post~~

Eps 1-9 (written ages ago)
    Trying to remember what's happened so far...
    Loving this parasitic thing~ Especially how if when they get in their host, they act to protect their host if in immediate danger. Such smart parasites~ But, I'm annoyed at the mouth one; I learned in bio this semester that a long thin tube is not sufficient to support breathing, due to air diffusion being slowed.
    I'm annoyed at how they keep referring to Migi as "he". I mean, these parasites don't have any recognisable gender, as well as the fact that Migi is voiced by a female. Any one else?
    Happy that there's not really any censoring going on~
    I hate hate HATE this CGI that keeps coming up. It just looks so utterly ugly. My friends laughed because of how I notice it EVERY time and get angry at it. SK, your standard like of CG?...
    Loving how Shinichi and Migi are forming this symbiotic relationship~ Also find it utterly fascinating how they're slowly swapping personalities; Shinichi's obviously losing his "humanity". Such a transformation. Will noticed how his lack of tears was due to being less human, where as I thought it would have been due to shock. And this last episode, how Migi was actually trying to make Shinichi feel better, without even realising it.
    On topic of noticing things, my first thought when Murano swapped which hand of Shinichi's she was holding, was "Ooooo!~ Sweeeeet!~ Humans with genetic mutation to be able to detect these things~~" So I is happeh that I have recently been confirmed. X3
    Happy that I was able to recognise HanaKana, even though it took me until these last two eps.
    One last thing; Did anyone else love that bit where he put the "dog-shaped lump of meat" in the bin as much as I did?!?!~ XD

*didn't write for 10 & 11*
    Was this where that stupid glasses bitch did the stupid? Stupid bitch.

Ep 12: REST IN PIECES, WORST GIRL!~!~ Kandy and I can't exactly tell why we hate her, but we do with a passion

Haven't taken many screencaps, but here're the most recent ones:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    finally caught up.

ill just go mix everything up as i watched to the recent one from where i left of.

i didnt expect shinichis mom to die that quick. i thought the two of them will have a stand of somewhere on an important episode. something like him having struggle killing her. they meet a half breed (ill just call him that) who still has his emotions intact considering how close his parasite is to his head. the only question that boggles my mind is where the hell is that girls power from? i speculated as much that a parasite, sickly or malfunctioned, well whatever that is thats not normal parasite, went to her head and died then left that ability to her. now that shes dead cant confirm now unless that scientist will explain after examining her body (assuming the secret society study all of the victims bodies also).

with all the characters so far, im more concerned of of that blond dude (kana's x). he will be trouble. he be plotting things of some kind against shinichi now that kana is dead.

10. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    I like that idea; that the people with detection ability got it from beating an internal parasite. My thoughts were that it was just a random mutation that coincides with the parasites.

Oh, and @Supernatural-Knight, I forgot to show you this~~~
    [​IMG]

11. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    The fact that Kana died made me like this show even more, she was so irritating. Now if only they'd increase the chock value and kill off some more of Shinichi's "friends". I'd also like an explanation for why such a boring person had several girls interested in him even before the parasite took his arm.
    Watching Shinishi slowly descend into parasites level of thinking is great. It started with the dog shape lump of meat and has enjoyably grown since then.
    Migi trying to kill the investigator with Shinichi struggling, shows he hasn't yet lost it.

So much has happened in this show, is anyone still watching it weekly?

12. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    now about migi, did you notice him also gaining a sort of irrational behavior going on? i just noticed this one when they confronted they investigator with joe's (i like that name xD) host. migi looked irritated with the "meh" look of the investigator even after shinichi shared his experience.

13. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    How... have there not been so many posts in here??? I'm glad I didn't open the email, 'cause it had SK's spoiler of Worst Girl dying.
    Watched the rest of this the other week, and holy Haruhi it was good! My eyes were tearing up in the scene in the woods with Migi hanging through the trees trying to kill Goutou, when Migi sacrificed herself. Migi best girl!!
    Laughed at the cyanide.
    (Also, kinda hoped that whatsherface actually dropped in the last ep)

This was a great anime, and I loved the neat parasite fighting, and the slow transition of Shinichi to be less human. Giving it 9/10~