Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Kiseijuu

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I knew that, but I was hoping for a bit more. Nothing can be done about that I guess.

Excellent. Something that will either be left out entirely or have to be censored, or maybe the adaptation won't make it that far. I kind of expected this actually considering this was a manga for adults in a time before censorship rules were in place. I guess that explains the ominous mentionings on MAL that they will have to censor a certain penis scene, yay for an actual adult series listed as seinen.

2. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I guess I can go into more detail.... yeah that is pretty brutal. Heads getting eaten off, organs lying everywhere, hearts being crushed. All things I don't like. It's not that I'm scared of it or anything I just don't enjoy that kind of thing.

Yeah the moment you hear the words "There was a sex scene in the original" you know what they are going to likely leave out.

3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    All things you don't like.....Yet. Join us Meta, come to the dark side of the anime fandom.
    But I'd like for them to keep it in, Maddy didn't say how explicit the material shown was in the manga. So if they do adapt this, it would be good to see a bunch of suggestive shots used or similar footage seen in the sex scenes of Gantz and Afro Samurai. Enough to show they were obviously having sex but not showing genitalia.

4. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    watched the first ep aaaand

brace yourselves we have a wimpy (kinda) kid who got a supernatural power!

interesting really interesting (neglecting the things i said earlier). i thought the hand will only produce things like energy balls in dragon ball. everything is still vague and that raised my curiousity. cant say much as of the moment since this is still the first ep.

the op me no likey coz but the ed however was soothing.

5. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Oh the penis scene is because Migi turns his hand into a penis.
    Not his actual penis.

6. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Not a super power, he got an alien, I think. Migi doesn't even know what it is so how should we?
    I knew you wouldn't like that op, but you have to admit it is a fitting theme for the weird show that is surely unfolding. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas have a certain style about their music don't they.

I had actually thought that at one stage, but then you said that there is actual sex scenes in the manga and that got me all confused over the possibility. This would be an interesting scene, I imagine it is used for some form of comedy as well.

Something I read is that the boob grab that we saw in the first 5 minutes wasn't in the manga apparently. I don't know why they would add it but they did so....

7. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    ha! <-- not in surprised tone but in "i told you so" tone.

but oh come on japan!? is that really necessary to add a scene like that to the manga. this is supposed to be creepy. i hope the boob grab will serve as the replacement for that scene. i wont complain if they would still add the sex scene for it.

8. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    They're probably not gonna animate it, though.

9. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I TAKE THAT BACK
    BASED MADHOUSE YOU GLORIOUS BASTARDS.

[​IMG]

10. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    "nah it just looks like a penis but its not really a penis. its just an alien who transformed into a form that just coincidentally looks like penis but its not really looking like a penis."

i can imagine the creators explaining it like that.

11. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    No because if I understand them right there was a sex scene around here in the manga meaning that is a penis.

12. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    xD well yeah it was stated that there was a sex scene in the manga but they will just deny it with the argument "does one really need a penis to have sex?". but whatever its just me making a scenario on how the studio explained such scene to their telecommunication agency or the like.

i just thought of that "scenario" that i made with their censorship to "chickes" and "cats" to any visual media. its surprising on how that passed when we know japan is strict when implementing policies.

we will now just wait on how it will be portraid in the anime.

13. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    You have no idea how happy I was that they managed to include this scene. I had to know the context in which Migi turned itself into a penis and now we all know. It was hilarious. Madhouse certainly pulled this off greatly. It must be a combination of it being onscreen only partially, for a very short amount of time, how blurred it was considering the duration of the short scene and the fact that it has an eye and a mouth still which shows Migi was still transforming. "You wanted to mate with her" how blunt an alien life form can be.
    Yay for more adult scenarios.
    And then later Migi wanted to cause an erection because of curiosity, this show has definitely surprised me this season, that background character's line was amazing too.

Now about the violence section of the episode, saving someone form being raped only to kill all 4 people and slicing the other Parasyte's head off. I should not be enjoying these scenes this much but I can't help it.
    Using "I'll eat you" as a threat is a nice touch from the wimpy if not slightly overtaken Shinichi towards the teens playing that 'game' with the cat.
    Speaking of Shinichi, while he is wimpy his actions proves that he isn't a total wimp. Walking to an abandoned site to confront the other one shows his bravery, I wonder how long it will be until he changes his appearance like the OP shows?

14. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    He turns into a dick later on.

... not an actual dick I swear

15. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    This sounds good to me, I am over the surplus of either wimpy or nice guys that we've seen so a complete dick of a MC could be interesting to watch. I keep going back to the fact that the manga was from a time before censorship, so I look forward to pretty much everything this show offers us. Even if it will most likely be toned down, it is still better than a fake mature series.

16. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    watched ep 2 and ep 3.

no comment so far aside from im excited for the next episode.

17. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Well episode 3 of Kiseijuu definitely was interesting, two parasytes having sex equals a normal human, I had the thought that much like how Migi controls the right hand and the dog's had the heart. I think that for a possible parasyte baby they'd need to poses the genitalia of their hosts. Who knows, just a thought I had when the teacher sounded a bit disappointed at her fact finding experience.

And now we have A-san walking throughout the school looking for Migi, found it odd that he didn't slaughter the teachers badly in the entrance so I searched MAL's discussion thread. Turns out that they tamed this episode, A-san was originally killing everyone that he came across in his search for Migi considering that they are only obstacles in his way. I'm kind of disappointed at the lack of his bloodlust since I found this out but oh well this show is still enjoyable.

18. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I'll get to this eventually.
    Eventually.

19. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    watched ep 4 and its now starting to look the same as mirai nikki. its another survival game in disguise with aliens. i cant say its a copy since you guys are telling its an older manga. i now kinda bored to the survival kind of theme on anime. i dont mind this to go something like a detective kind of series where they fight as they go to find out this "directive" ryoko was talking about.

this "no longer pure" stuff that ryoko talked about, i want to know what she meant by it. well we all are. hehehe i wonder if its part of the reason where Shinichi turns into a dick. its probably obvious by now but ill just point it. he looked cooler and in control in the op compared to the first few episodes we saw. i wonder how much time has passed for him to transform like that.

*me hoping his parents wont get killed or turned into those freaks*

20. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Well it happened, although the opening kind of made it obvious that it would eventually happen. I can't say I was surprised by it in the least, especially once that one said it should never have left the city, I was thinking "death flags everywhere".

So bad news is that the parasites can relocate to another body, damn guess Shinichi was just lucky Migi didn't yet know this that time in the empty lot.
    And that ending of the episode, damn. How can you be that naive?