Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Notice Justanime Patreon

Discussion in 'Information & Updates' started by Sporadic, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    With Paypal banning a second account we've moved to alternative methods of donations. We will also start a crowd funding campaign as well.

Patreon supports donations on a reoccurring basis. Please take a moment and consider donation. All of the other funds we raised were frozen in our Paypal account. Read here

https://www.patreon.com/JustAnimeNetwork

• Like Like x 4
  2. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Glad to be a part of this. Patreon is, imo, a much better way of getting donations than simply asking for donations. Hopefully many people decide to hop on the train ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TheAuraKnight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Fuck yeah watch the money flow in

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Damn Paypal... why you gotta be such a downer huh. Anyway great suggestion @TheAuraKnight to bring up Patreon. Well time to jump aboard. Sorry took me so long. Even with working my crazy hours I've had some big expenses such as helping pay towards renovations to my parents home. Luckily they are just considering it as a advancement on my rent haha. The other is a new graphics card as one of my 980's in SLI has failed :(. Poor thing. So yeah got one of the new 1080Ti's in the mail and on it's way to me. Already found a buyer for my other 980 so it isn't all bad.

Wells here to my being our 3rd Patron. So who else is going to jump about the Patron Train?

6. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the support everyone. I hate asking again but since Paypal locked all our funds for a second time we don't really have a choice. They said in 120 days I will get an email with how to transfer the money off of the account. That's if they don't find me liable for any damages that I'd have to pay back. I don't understand why they would decide this as they had no issue with taking a percentage from each donation (I think its 3% +30 cents per donation) over the last 4 years.

Edit: just realized that the account wont transfer the money until August 1st. Our server payment is due on the 26th of July. Just another speedbump but any funds made this month will sadly not be able to be used to pay the server.

7. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    @Sporadic thank you for the updates. It's puzzlesome why Paypal is acting like this. To my knowledge they didn't change policies or terms of user service. Normally they'd send out notices to all users otherwise. Now in regards to not getting the payments quickly enough is Square Cash a option for a temporary alternative? That's if you don't have funds backed to cover the cost of the server payment. Just thought I'd ask and throw this out there. I'll try to keep track on this as the days progress. ​

8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Worst case if @sayWut and I don't get an adsense payout on either the forum or one of his affiliate sites we could always make a GoFundMe. I also start my new job on Wednesday so absolute worse case I can probably pay for the server myself.

9. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Alright that's all I needed to hear. Still keep us all posted as things progress, which I know you will. Sadly just woke up after hearing hooligans firing off motor shells directly in town. It's either that or some other loud ass firework. I know it's 4th of July weekend people but it's late. I'm trying to catch some zzz's here. ​

10. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it does get annoying here too. Kids are trying to sleep and we have a dog that howls the entire time any fireworks go off.

I thought this seemed relevant.
    [​IMG]

11. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ... that is way too accurate. lol

People have been doing that since the 25th of June here. Sometimes I just want to grab my paintball, camp somewhere with a vantage point and pop off a round for every person that shoots a firework off in the alley when it's not July 4th yet. I have to work on the 4th and 5th, so if that shit keeps going on past midnight into the morning of July 5th, I might be tempted to start shoving some fireworks down peoples pants after I light them. It's illegal to shoot of fireworks in city limits where I live, so technically they're not allowed to shoot them even on the 4th without a permit and the fire department's knowledge of the fireworks event. I'm just going to remind the morons how dangerous they are, especially since there isn't enough open space so it can easily catch a tree on fire and ruin everyone's night.

12. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't agree with you more. Though now that I think it over they weren't firing off fireworks that late. It was only late to me because I've got work so early in the morning. Thinking I should be back in 2-3 weeks. Orders are really slowing down. Hopefully it'll stay that way.​

13. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    How bad is the situation? By next month I should be able to donate something. As for this month, I have doctor bills that ate up a good chunk of my disability money, only just enough left for rent and groceries. For some reason, Paypal has blocked me from using their services, don't know why. That kept me from donating in the past. Hopefully, with Patreon, I can in the future.

14. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Situation is very bad. Paypal locked 2 accounts on me in a matter of a little over a week. Both accounts had almost enough to make our current server's payment. As of right now we have no money to pay for the server by the 26th of July. I even lowered our server plan to something smaller and more affordable. The main thing that took a hit was RAM so you might notice a very small increase on loading times. But that can't be helped as having a server is better than having no server. The price on the plan dropped from almost $100 a month to $69.99 a month.

15. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    This bites @Sporadic. Another road block in the way yet again. Now I don't no if these are options or not because I'm unsure how quickly you can receive funds. I'd been looking into Venmo, Squarecash, Goggle Wallet, and even Chase Quick Pay which would likely be the least likely option. Another option may be Facebook's Messenger Payments. Maybe that's a route to look into. Frankly I'm not Facebook savvy at all. Depending upon how it actually works it could potentially be a good method for everyone to use. Wish I had more time to look into these so as to better understand them myself. ​

16. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Seems easy enough to do, once it's set up. But those payment methods are excessively limited. Only Debit Cards are supported at the moment.

17. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

18. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    @Vashnik thanks for digging up that info ;)

19. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Forum perks are listed here: JustAnime Forum → Forum Perks

20. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    I'm glad Patreon is now available. Paypal banned me for some reason. Barring any problems of my own, you should see more donations from me. May not be a lot, but I'll do what I can.