Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Joo-ne "Chicks with Guns" Elimination Game

Discussion in 'Elimination Games' started by Sporadic, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Well she is a side character so she's not going to be really relevant in major battles or arcs. She gets more screen time prior to the Edolas arc where at that point they're focusing on so many other things. I think the only real time you see her in the Edolas thing is where her and Alzack see their Edolas selves. She was only in the Tenrou Island arc at the guild house during the S Class Trial and never went to the island because Alzacks name wasn't called as one of the candidates.

Post Tenrou Island:
    Although we never got to see all the things that went on with the rest of the guild during the timeskip we can assume Bisca and Alzack had a bigger role now that the majority of FT was missing. After the seven year time skip, it's mentioned that she has improved her Requipping load and hitting accuracy, even though she has yet to display how much she has developed. They were shown coming back with Romeo from a mission just before the rest of FT returns so we can assume that despite having a child she still goes on plenty of missions.

But, getting back to my previous point. She is a side character. To me there's three types of members in Fairy Tail. Natsu, Gray, Erza and Lucy being main people. Gajeel, Levi, Mirajane and Elfman being side characters with occasional main story development which includes actually leaving Magnolia and helping the more main characters. And then you have side character like Alzack, Jet, Droy, Reedus and Laki, where their contributions are usually specific to helping out the guild in group situations which take place in Magnolia near their actual guild house.

Back to my original point, while being a side character she's seemingly less relevant as the show goes on.

Bisca fights against Phantom Lord members during the assault on the Phantom Lord guild house. She takes Makarov to Prolyusica when his power is drained by one of the elemental four. She fights those shades with the rest of the guild when Jose releases them during Phantom's attack on the FT guild house and is around fighting till Maravok uses Fairy Law on everything.

She's seen competing in the Miss Fairy Tail Contest as the sixth contestant where she exhibits her shooting skills. She's then turned into stone during the competition and after shes freed with the rest of the girls she's later injured helping destroy the Lacrima around Magnolia.

And it's following this where she's shown less and less as I mentioned previously. Only has a brief appearance in the Oración Seis arc as well as the Edolas arc and Tenrou island. I'd like to see more of her in the show but that's just how the writers chose to do her character.

Nonetheless, it still doesn't distract from her level of ability and potential her power could have. Requip: The Gunner is a Caster-Type Magic and a type of Requip Magic involving the summoning of various types of firearms which allows her to store Magic guns in different pocket dimensions so she can easily summon them at anytime when required. Which makes her a gun user on a different level since she doesn't have to tote around her weapons like most of the participants in this competition. Each gun which is summoned has its own special ability and advantage depending on the user's situation. So far she's used dual machine guns, sniper rifle, pump action shotgun and a bazooka. All being magical based weapons which use magic ammunition.

Bisca can also perform different tasks with each weapon in her arsenal. Homing Shot, Wide Shot, Bullet Storm and Stinger Shot.

Bullet Storm being one of my favorite:

While her relevance in the show declines throughout the arcs her power is still something which outclasses most participants in this competition.

(Also her response to her interview in the Sorcerer's Magazine is awesome.

Q. What is the best quality of Fairy Tail?
    A. The best quality of Fairy Tail is that Erza-san is there.)

2. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    "To me there’s three types of members in Fairy Tail. Natsu, Gray, Erza and Lucy being main people. Gajeel, Levi, Mirajane and Elfman being side characters with occasional main story development which includes actually leaving Magnolia and helping the more main characters."

Juvia, Happy, Pantherlily, Charles, Wendy also deserve to be mentioned :p

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I could have mentioned a lot of them but that's really not the point I'm trying to make.

Charles

That's not how you spell that. Not even close to how's its pronounced either. Although I've seen in in some bad fan subs. Says Carla on the wiki and gives how it sounds in Japanese, Sharuru. Which is pretty accurate in my opinion based on how its pronounced.

4. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural knight

read spors post he details Bisca pretty well (@Sporadic nice going just what I expected from probably the biggest Fairy Tail fan on the forum).

Anyway the fact she only took down one thunder ball was just because she lacked the super human endurance natsu and the others have. Her shots could have easily taken out more. But her magic gives her no defensive power. Also Unless Sawa can out do Bullet storm I think the question os "Who has stronger weapons" is answered.

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    nice going just what I expected from probably the biggest Fairy Tail fan on the forum

Thank you sir.

6. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @sporadic, thanks for all that detailed info I knew it'd be best to just get your attention for that question. So it turns out that the reason I couldn't remember very much was because she hadn't exactly done much else except for some extra little bits surrounding the already discussed events. And with her decreasing screen time, that isn't exactly good as a gun wielding magic user I thought was pretty cool. Before your wall of text her bullet storm was the sole attack I remembered, she really needs more screen time esp since she has the potential to be a good character. But now I think even though she has all those weapons why could she not use more to destroy all of those lacrimas much like Erza did?

Well its not like anything will change from what has already happened but at least now we know exactly what she has done and the reason why Spor likes her, that answer to the weekly sorcerer alone would of been enough right?

@metazoxan, but she destroyed the same amount as a cat though, surely her endurance should of been a it larger than that.
    Nope Sawa can't out do bullet storm, she is after all just one human with a modified gun so nothing can compare to that amount. However my point was never about who had the strongest weapon, that was just a side bit that normal progression of a discussion brings up [by you as well], my point was that Sawa is a badass character that had more depth and inner strength more than physical strength, but once again another natural progression in a discussion brought it up [this one was me I believe].

7. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    that answer to the weekly sorcerer alone would of been enough right?

Haha, probably.

I always hoped Bisca would eventually get more screen time since her magic seems pretty unique. But everything happening now seems to indicate otherwise. With the addition of new storylines and characters she's getting pushed further and further to the sidelines. Relegated to simply cheering in the current arc lol.

8. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    @sporadic, thanks for all that detailed info I knew it’d be best to just get your attention for that question. So it turns out that the reason I couldn’t remember very much was because she hadn’t exactly done much else except for some extra little bits surrounding the already discussed events. And with her decreasing screen time, that isn’t exactly good as a gun wielding magic user I thought was pretty cool. Before your wall of text her bullet storm was the sole attack I remembered, she really needs more screen time esp since she has the potential to be a good character. But now I think even though she has all those weapons why could she not use more to destroy all of those lacrimas much like Erza did?

Well its not like anything will change from what has already happened but at least now we know exactly what she has done and the reason why Spor likes her, that answer to the weekly sorcerer alone would of been enough right?

@metazoxan, but she destroyed the same amount as a cat though, surely her endurance should of been a it larger than that.
    Nope Sawa can’t out do bullet storm, she is after all just one human with a modified gun so nothing can compare to that amount. However my point was never about who had the strongest weapon, that was just a side bit that normal progression of a discussion brings up [by you as well], my point was that Sawa had more depth and inner strength more than general strength, but once again another natural progression in a discussion brought it up [this one was me I believe].

Erza has more endurance for two reasons. Fist being a mostly close range combatant she is going to be able to take a hit better where as long range combat normally focuses on taking down your opponent before they can hurt you. Second Erza's requip is a little better than Bisca's because hers includes armor. Bisca sadly only has weapon requips thus she gains no defense. So her endurance isn't equal to a cats as much as it's equal to a normal human's. and a normal human will get knocked out by a massive thunder shock.

9. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Spor, That sucks, even less screen time for possibly my favourite FT side character, so cheering great use of screen time there. These new characters are going to completely remove her from the story it sounds like.

@metazoxan, I think I like that reasoning that she is equal to a normal humans endurance since that makes Happy sound tougher and really he needs the help. Well I think that basically concludes the discussion about these characters since voting for this round ends in 10 minutes and we've basically said everything there is about them, I've had fun so until the next round that we can debate [wish I could say tomorrows but I haven't seen Madlax and therefore can't debate it effectively even if I tried]

Off topic, today has been the busiest day for this forum in a while and it has all been about a shounen character vs a hentai character, interesting that this one round has had that much on topic attention considering yesterdays also included the off topic new rule discussion.

10. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Since Red is on vacation till the 10th I'll be calling the matches until then.

Next Round:

Madlax - Madlax

VS

Yuri - Angel Beats

11. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Madlax
    Yuri is an annoying bitch.

12. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Haven't seen either yet, but I'm gonna vote Yuri cause I'm gonna watch Angel Beats after I watch Azumanga Daioh after I finish my second watch through of Haruhi. ;)

Madlax - 0

Yuri - 1
    Mafiacow

Didn't follow the rules:
  13. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    New rules can suck it:

Madlax – 1
    Yuri – 1
    Mafiacow

14. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Madlax – 2
    Yuri – 1
    Mafiacow
    Gotta go with Madlax

15. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I'm up for voting Madlax, even though I still need to watch it but who cares

Madlax – 3
    Supernatural Knight

Yuri – 1
    Mafiacow

16. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I am voting Yuri cuz I have seen some Angel Beats and for my bracket.

Madlax – 1
    Supernatural Knight

Yuri – 2
    Mafiacow
    Rod

17. GreatOak Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Vote for one of the greatest anime of all time.
    Madlax – 3
    Supernatural Knight

Yuri – 3
    Mafiacow
    Rod
    Oak

18. Mal327 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Madlax – 3
    Supernatural Knight

Yuri – 4
    Mafiacow
    Rod
    Oak
    Stitches

19. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Never seen Madlax so I have to vote for who I know.

Madlax – 3
    Supernatural Knight

Yuri – 5
    Mafiacow
    Rod
    Oak
    Stitches
    Spor

20. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I must vote for my nomination Yurippe :p