Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

IsItReal2036 Bioshock Infinite Review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by IsItReal2036, Sep 25, 2015.

1. IsItReal2036 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Platform: Xbox 360
    Publisher: 2K Games
    Release Date(s):
    Win, PS3, X360: March 26, 2013
    OS X: August 29, 2013
    Linux: March 17, 2015

Reviewed by IsItReal2036
    Rating: 10 out of 10

I've been a huge fan of the Bioshock series for a really long time. I've completed Bioshock 1 and 2 with all endings, completed each map to the fullest extent and played most of the DLC's for each. When i first bought Bioshock Infinite i wen't into the game with a lot of hope for a remarkable series with amazing playability and characters that leave their mark on you. My thoughts.... 2K games hit all of those on the mark.

Setting: Bioshock infinite takes place in 1912, off the coast of main in the fictional city of Columbia. Founded by its revolutionary leader, Zachary Hale Comstock and built by the American government, this city was the pride and glory of the untied state innovation and technology. Originally built to be a "worlds fair" to show american pride and technology, the city posts a number of advances in technology not known to the 1900's. In 1901, Comstock became involved in and ended the fictional Boxer Rebellion in Peking. After this act of aggresssion the unitied states government ordered Comstock and the city be once returned to U.S. soil, with this Comstock and his men seceded from the Union and took off into the sky. Under the rule of their "prophet" Comstock turned Columbia into a militant pseudo-Christian utopian, the people Comstock their leader and worshiping him. Despite how charming and amazing Columbia looked on the outside, it is soon found out that Columbia is a horrible Utopia of racism, elitism, and white supremacy rule. The upper middle and higher classes are really in control of what is now known as Columbia. There is a fraction against Comstock and his men, known as the Vox Populi, pitted in returning racial rights and equal rights to the people of Columbia. And to top everything off, Columbia itself is constantly being ravaged by "tears", rips in space and time leading to alternate worlds, that constantly both help and harm the citizens of Columbia

Meet the characters:
    Booker Dewit: A disgraced member of the Pinkerton National Detective Agency, faced by scarring and emotional trama for violent acts he committed at the battle of wounded knee, and facing horrible gambling debts, Dewit is sent to Columbia to rescue Elizabeth, and clean the slate.
    Elizabeth: A young woman, nearing mid 20's. Elizabeth has never known the outside world. Since her birth she has been locked away in a tower (Sound familiar?) and is kept imprisoned there by a mechanical being called Songbird. She has a rare ability though, she can open tears through the fabric of space and time to alternate worlds.
    "Father" Comstock: The leader and Prophet of Columbia, Comstock has seen years of battle and hardship. He is the one who keeps Elizabeth locked away in her tower, waiting for the day that she becomes old enough to take his place as leader of Columbia.
    Daisy Fitzroy: Leader of the infamous Vox Populi. She and her compatriots are constantly fighting Comstock and his men, trying to overthrow the harsh dystopia that they are all forced to live in, by whatever means necessary.
    Robert and Rosalind Lutece: Two mysterious twins that fallow Dewit throughout the game, seemingly twins, but in all actuality being the same person, these two are actually from different realities.

Gameplay: Bioshock infinte is like the others in the series. A fps (first person shooter) with role playing added in as well, meaning that each decision you make can influence how the game plays out. Like in 1 & 2, there are things called plasmids, tonics that twist your DNA to make you have certain powers to help you throughout your quest. There are a variety of plasmids that aid you throughout your journey. The weapon choices are few but extremely powerful. There are a variety of enemies throughout the game that have both weapons and the use of plasmids (not giving any names or specifics because of spoliers) that make the game very interesting.

Review: I loved this game.
    First i'll start with the graphics themselves. 2K has always been one of the high end and very beautiful looking games, but Bioshock infinite really takes the cake. From the moment you enter the game the ambiance and atmosphere really take over, the overall look and shine of the game takes your breathe away and make you want more.
    Gameplay: This is can both be fast paced and slow at the same time. Instead of everything being all run and gun, there is a lot more you can do. This game rewards you for exploring, the more time you explore, the more you can boost you character up. Being a fan of FPS's i really enjoyed this a lot.
    Overall: I give this game a 10 out of 10. Every second i've played this i have enjoyed it. The plot keeps you attention, the characters make you really feel for them and whatever happens to them you feel their joy and pain, and the gameplay is something that you would expect from 2K.
    Replay Value: High

2. IsItReal2036 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And yes, i do realize that the start was strong but the end of the review lacked, but i had to get to American Government XD