Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Introduce yourself

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Miss Elegent Serenity, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Alright! Welcome @Hinaisnew!
    Everyone is great here, I'm still a bit of a newb too but once you get started it's hard to stop. There's a couple of active threads right now and your in luck, a few new ones propped up this week. Nothing better then getting your feet wet on a brand new RP. If there is any character you wanted to create then don't hesitate to plug them in into any of the RP's that are up right now. I noticed most of the posters here like to create very open world RP's that are very easy to jump into.

Official welcome @JenovaCell!
    I already spoken to you so we're good :)
    That plan of mine in your thread is completed in my mind. Can't wait to reach that point but now I realize how important that journey is. I hope I keep developing the skill to write it well. You better believe I'll keep posting away.

2. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Everyday we RP together or write creatively we will only get better at telling a story that we want. I'm just hoping after this slow start things will start picking up, Unfortunately, a few members have some personal problems and family matters to deal with, so things seem to have slowed down again. We will probably be keeping in contact as we RP I tend to get some pretty... Out of the box and impacting ideas. So, Be prepared for my shenanigans @Doomguy !

3. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  4. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Welcome we always love to see new RPers in the forum. Even if you are new we will be more then help you along. You can also post any of your stories or poetry in this club for others to read if you would so like to share them with us :). just create a new thread, give it a title then post what you would like to share. You came to a great place for socializing, this site has amazing people in it. To me they are more then friends they are family to give you an idea how amazing the members are here. We have an RP skype chat and there is also a skype chat for the site if you would like to join I can add you to them. Most of the members and staff are in the chat and are fun to talk to (as long as you dont mind trolling from time to time lol) If you would like me to add you to the chats , just add me on skype my user name is ~Ella Serenity~ If your skype name is different from your Username here just put a comment saying who you are and which chat you would like to be added to and I would be more then happy to add you :) /

Most of all enjoy. If you have any questions or need any help please do not hesitate to ask. Also you will see an RP badge under your name in the next day or two :) Role Playing is very simple all you need is an imagination and the ability to write. Just come up with a character, post it as your 1st post as well as your intro and there you go, you can either choose to RP with yourself until you run into someone or jump right in and interact with a character. If you need any recaps as to what is going on in some of the RP's that have a lot of post just message any one of us or post here and someone will be able to help you.

Have Fun

5. RenNya Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I'm Lisa (but you can call me Renny, or Ren)
    I've been around for a while but recently started to become more active
    I'm still new to RPing so I'm not very good but once I get better I'd like to write stories.
    I am extremely shy and deal with various levels of anxiety but once I get comfortable with someone I can be really nice
    I will also mention that I am Heizengard's girlfriend and cats are my most favorite animal ever.
    I play lots of games on steam and talk in some group chats on skype.
    Feel free to chat with me as long as you don't mind shyness
    I like cute things too and cat girls

• Like Like x 1
  6. TwistedDesires Perverted Queen

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone :) I'll be sure to look around and join a RP in the coming days. I just have to sort the problem why JD makes my browser lag and then I'm set to go.
    I'm pretty new to this so I will make mistakes, forgive me if I do. >-<

I also sent you a friend request on Skype @Miss Elegent Serenity :) same username

7. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Evening~
    I'm sure most of you have seen me around the forum, but for those that don't know me, I'm JDO's Assassinate Admin, Kiri.
    I've never done any role playing. I'm very much new to this kind of stuff.
    Those close to me know my personality, but for convenience, I'm generally shy, a bit blunt, and not very social.
    My "regular" skills are in coding, networking, and the likes.
    My Language Art skills are not the best, but I've been working on them and it's part of why I want to give RP a try.
    If any of you have a suggestion where to start, I'd like that. You all know what's going on better than me reading every post here.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance. ... I'm really not good at this kind of stuff.

8. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    So... after such longs of not doing anyathing since posting my character intro in Experimentals, I finally got around to writing a bunch. Still saving it until I'm done so I don't forget to put anyathing in.
    Kiri, you should try Experimentals!~ It's a sci-fi RP of people getting super powers, and last I remember reading, Ginger was doing a whole bunch of RailDex cameos and references. After I get my stuff together, I'mma be posting about my catboy~

9. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Nice to see you Kiri! Welcome to the RP Club. A good place to start is really up to you, We have a few that have just started and a couple that are ongoing. The Sword Quest would be a decent stepping stone because it's really just a do whatever you can think of kind of RP, Experimentals Is good though I'm not part of it, it's premise is just interesting because who doesn't want super powers, right? School for Gods isn't too bad either If you're into godly abilities, you just have to roll on a wiki of super powers. Then we have a Mech one, it's pretty slow we're waiting on stuff. But in truth anything that seems interesting to you would he a great place to start.

Hope to see you posting and above all having some fun in the club!

10. TwistedDesires Perverted Queen

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the land of imaginaton, Kiri.
    [​IMG]
    I'm new too. And honestly, this was my first time RPing as well!!
    It depends on your preferences but the newly started RPs would be easier to join than the long running ones, simply because there's less to catch up with :D
    Also:

11. Rouge_assassin Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hi there! I'm Rouge and I've been RPing for quite some time now, ever since i joined the old JD! I'm a pretty chill and outgoing guy, once i get used to my surroundings. I'm still a little shy every now and then and deal with anxiety from time to time but that seems to have less effect on me here than anywhere else! I also like to draw and love creative writing as well. And I'm also into cosplaying as well.

Oh and also, if anyone's interested in or ever wants someone to play TF2, L4D2, or WOT with, hit me up!

12. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Hey there, welcome to the club! I just got back into roleplaying a few weeks ago myself, but if you're looking for a place to get started, I think I can help you out. Let me give you a quick rundown of some of the more popular RPs going on right now.

The Princess's Hidden Power

You want high fantasy? This RP is quickly becoming our go-to fantasy roleplay. The story is about a princess who, according to a prophecy, will one day awaken a great power that could bring either prosperity or destruction. Either way, the Demon Lord's hordes aren't too happy about it and will pretty much stop at nothing to make sure that prophecy doesn't come true. To make things even more complicated, the princess won't awaken her true power until she gets married, go figure. The tone of this roleplay so far is serious, but not overly grimdark with a little bit of comedy sprinkled in. It hasn't been going too long so it should be easy enough to get into if you want to give it a try.

The Sword Quest

Despite what you might think from the name, this roleplay takes place in a modern setting. The idea is that most of the characters in this roleplay are looking for an ancient artifact known as Excalibur The Hero's Sword. I say most of them because this roleplay has had a couple of...interesting additions recently. The tone of this story varies widely from character to character, so you could pretty much play it however you'd like and it won't seem out of place. It's just getting off of the ground so it'd take practically no effort to jump right into the thick of things.

School For Gods

This roleplay is in a high-school setting where most of the roleplayers play students, although you can play a teacher if you're feeling ambitious. It's pretty much any slice of life anime you've ever seen with one very interesting twist. Almost every character-- chances are, yours included-- wields godlike power that comes in practically any form you can think of, and a few you'd never guess. Here's how that works. On the first page of the RP, there's a link to a superpower wiki that you use to randomly select your character's powers. We've had some interesting results, to say the least. Even though you'd think this might turn into an all-out war in a matter of minutes, so far the characters have been keeping an uneasy peace so the tone of the RP is...again, a lot like a slice of life anime. This one has been going for a little while now, but you can always pull the transfer student card to get into the story, so it should be fairly easy to join.

Deep Space Mechanized Exploration

Did somebody say giant robots? Because we've got a roleplay for that, too. DSME takes place in the near future (or is it the distant future? It's left kinda vague.) where mechs have an important role to play in exploring space, the final frontier. Chances are, we're going to meet aliens and they're not going to be friendly. So far the tone of the RP is fairly light as the characters are getting to know each other before the big mission, but it's hard to say what kind of direction it could take when the ball really gets rolling. The characters are still in the middle of their briefing right now, so it wouldn't take much to make your way into the story.

The Forge

This is something a little different from what you might expect. It's a one-man roleplay run by our very own Doomguy and basically what happens is, he sets up a list of choices that the audience (us) votes on to decide where the story goes next. It's a very interesting project and a good read if you just want to kick back and take in a story, playing out a lot like a visual novel if you're into that kind of thing.

So, there you go. There's a lot of really good roleplays on the forum that I didn't mention here, but I just wanted to list a few of the ones that are really going strong right now to get you started. That's my two cents for the day, I hope it helped and happy roleplaying!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Waves of people trying to get into our RP club

I think we need a bigger train
    Oh that guy at 0:32? That's you if you try to leave now :)

14. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Kiri wants to kill me in RP.
    I approve of this post ;)

15. MateusseDarkslight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I think you all know me at this point. You may have many opinions of me, differing from my being an uncouth pervert or an imaginative gentleman. I wish neither to overstate myself nor sell myself short. I have done things that have defied reason, I have undertaken tasks that have boggled the mind and I have turned boys into gods and girls into queens. I have set the souls of my friends on fire to see phoenix wings grow and broken the bones of my enemies who have pushed me too far. I have laughed and cried in equal measure, I have loved and lost, and I have walked on the stars before falling to earth once more.
    You know who I am.
    MateusseDarkslight.
    I am perhaps the greatest idiot ever to walk the earth. I have a heart composed entirely out of kitten hugs and marshmallows. I resemble a sofa dropped into a meat grinder. And I am a complete sucker for damsels in distress.
    That said, if you're my friend - and I like to think you all are - I'll have your back forever.

Should be fun. :) Ladies and gentlemen, let's RP.

16. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Just read this post...

17. MateusseDarkslight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    @Doomguy - Couldn't really tell what kind of reaction that was, lol

18. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I don't know either! ;)

19. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Huh, I never posted in here before? Odd...

I am The_Lullabye, I was apparently the center of a controversy at some point that was falsely centered on my being a Brony, but was more so about the sexual type stuff I did in an RP. Which leads me to this statement; If I type stuff that offends any of you, come to me first. I am a pretty reasonable person, so unless you're being irrational we can probably come to an agreement. Now then...

I originally joined Justdubs (The first one) a week or two before it was shut down. I had been lurking and watching videos for several weeks before hand. I hung around on the Facebook page for a while before finding out about the Skype chat when the new JD site came up which led me to the TBRP site run by Ella and Joshier.

I'd written a lot back in high school but since graduating my drive for writing had pretty much vanished. I had originally come into the RPing in the hopes that by doing so I'd reinvigorate myself into writing again. At this point in time, the RP Club is the only place where I can write creatively.

Aside from that I mainly play video games or chain watch stuff on netflix when I'm not working. I like to read a lot and tend to get sucked into the worlds' within the pages. It usually influences my character designs pretty heavily. Though I bounce around quite a lot. Fantasy and the paranormal (ghosts, gods, magic, folklore) are some of my main interests. Been slowly learning how the Tarot deck works for a while now. Still barely know anything, but hey, at some point I'll be able to do it.

My music choices are all over the scale, though I tend to shy away from rap and a lot of hip hop. I don't really have anything against either genre, it's just not really my thing. Odd considering i enjoy electronic a lot. My other favorite would probably fall more to folk rock kind of stuff. Or other sort of low key melodic music. A mainstream would just be rock, preferably quartz.

as for movies and anime, I jump all around as well. I mainly select titles depending on what the title is, what it's about and if I know anything about it or not. Sometimes it's a hit and I enjoy it; or it's terrible and I hate it. I can't really stand the classics. I mean I get that they're supposed to be amazing and all of that, but if I'm not in the right mindset and mood then it'll just be overhyped crap to me. I don't really get it but maybe I'm just too centered on what makes something good nowadays and can't really appreciate the old. Oh well...

I never really played DnD before but I always wanted to. My tabletop experience comes from Warmachine, which I played for maybe a collective 5 months. Spent a lot of money, had a lot of fun. But then the shop closed down and now I have like $1000 dollars of models just sitting and collecting dust.

I'm also kind of scatterbrained. I think that's enough for now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dangoon Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    If you don't know me I am Dangoon I'm just a chill type of dude that's all there really is to it. And I'm always a person who's ready to Rp

• Like Like x 1