Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Hunter x Hunter Discussion

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Batosai, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    ''A Hunter is one who travels the world doing all sorts of dangerous tasks. From capturing criminals to searching deep within uncharted lands for any lost treasures. Gon is a young boy whose father disappeared long ago, being a Hunter. He believes if he could also follow his father's path, he could one day reunite with him.''

http://myanimelist.net/anime/11061/Hunter_x_Hunter_(2011)

2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Glad to have the thread up here.

3. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Edit:
    Nvm, I'll just talk about the recent episode.

Anyway, I think I'll really like this ark. I think the Chimera ants are awesome, with their unique way of reproduction / genes. I'm very willing to bet that Gon and Killua meet one of them in the next one, and the ants try to bring them in.

4. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    That would be pretty awesome to have a MC fight an ant early on. I also hope they will meet the mother of those kids soon so she can tell them whats going on and get a little grudge going.

5. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As always, the new episode was incredible. I think I'm starting to believe that this arc may be better than the last one.

I don' know how to do spoilers, so if you haven't watched the recent episode yet, don't read any more of this post.

This is just a theory:
    I think that the first human-chimera ant (the one made from that kid) still has some of the feelings that the kid had. Because he let the mother go and took a different one. Maybe the human-chimera ants (I'll just start calling them HCA's just for convenience) retain some of the loyalties from the humans they were "made" from. What do you guys think?

6. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    As always, the new episode was incredible. I think I’m starting to believe that this arc may be better than the last one.

I don’ know how to do spoilers, so if you haven’t watched the recent episode yet, don’t read any more of this post.

This is just a theory:
    I think that the first human-chimera ant (the one made from that kid) still has some of the feelings that the kid had. Because he let the mother go and took a different one. Maybe the human-chimera ants (I’ll just start calling them HCA’s just for convenience) retain some of the loyalties from the humans they were “made” from. What do you guys think?

Yeah they definitely hold the feelings that the humans had. They also feel the need to make names for themselves. I think the ant created from that kid might join the good side sometime this arc because of the kids feelings.

7. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Ha so crazy seeing Ponzu and what's his name again. I like how hxh brings characters back around for a second time even if they're minor. Although I have a feeling they're only being introduced to be eaten by the queen.

8. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Sporadic wrote:
    Ha so crazy seeing Ponzu and what’s his name again. I like how hxh brings characters back around for a second time even if they’re minor. Although I have a feeling they’re only being introduced to be eaten by the queen.

Yeah i completely forgot to notice Ponzu! I like her. Therefore i also hope your theory is wrong :p

9. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I hope she doesn't get eaten either. But I wonder what would happen, if the chimera eats someone who can use Nen?

10. jayvon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Shit is going down in this anime, those bigass bugs eating people and shit I can't wait to see gon and killua go all out.

11. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Lunar wrote:
    Yes, I hope she doesn’t get eaten either. But I wonder what would happen, if the chimera eats someone who can use Nen?

I guess we'll get a super strong ant then :p

12. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    jayvon wrote:
    Shit is going down in this anime, those bigass bugs eating people and shit I can’t wait to see gon and killua go all out.

Yes, I want to see him go crazy, like he did in the opening. Although, it kinda reminds me of hyoubu kyousuke (from the Unlimited - hyoubu kyousuke), when he went super saiyen.

Batosai wrote:

I guess we’ll get a super strong ant then [​IMG]

But would they be able to use Nen themselves?

13. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    They might be able to use Nen, but there will be nobody to teach them...

14. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    What Ovyda said. The only chance they will actually be able to use it is if they learn it on instinct from the person they were made from.

15. jayvon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just remembered in the latest episode that midget Panda bear was using nen. When he was shooting something with his fingers like a bullet. That is the most Badass panda bear I have ever seen by the way.

16. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Not so long ago I was complaining about not enough deaths... well here I got millions of them :D Wish they would show more tho...

17. Masterofflys Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, this week's episode was pretty shocking. Ponzu's death was one of the most horrible and gut-wrenching I've ever seen. More for the fact that it was so drawn out than anything else. And because I liked her a lot. Pretty upset that they killed her off, especially like that. Can't wait to see Gon and Killua tear these ants to pieces!

18. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @Masterofflys really? I am more interested in Kite... I want to see his abilities, after all he was approved by Ging himself :p

19. Masterofflys Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, that goes without saying... but I was hoping to see Ponzu develop as a hunter. Still, gotta respect the writers. Most don't have the guts to kill off characters like that XD

RIP Ponzu :(

20. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I'll applause their guts when they kill someone REALLY important to the story, for example Leorio :D