Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

How Did You Get Your Username?

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Sporadic, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    Ah yes the rules, there are always some that must be broken to live your life to the fullest.

2. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    My username comes from a character I made up. A friend and I had our own fictional storylines and as an attempt to rival one of his female androids, I came up with my own android, Core Deadeye. Due to different rules and technologies in our futuristic storylines, my characters probably would never beat his characters (he used power, I used tech, who knows which is more advanced). I never realized that Core would end up being my favorite character.

Anyway, to address the name directly. Core took on the name when he learned that he contained immeasurable amounts of energy within a device in his chest. The other part of the name, Deadeye, is the last name a girl dubbed him with after he had non-lethally neutralized (with his 2 pistols, the Deadlocks) several thugs that were about to attack her.

3. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    wow. thats a username that has depth in origins unlike mine.

4. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I just value stories.
    Part of the reason why I do not read some books I own, since I remember the story and have no desire to keep the book. As for anime, I have lessened the amount I watch, since plenty have a good story but end abruptly (His & Her Circumstances), or that I really like a series, but the 12 episodes are just too early of a cut off. Sometimes, I do rewatch, but only a select few. At the moment I am waiting for Fairy Tail to generate more episodes.

I am wanting to make my own story, so I just try to remember as much of it that I can. Pity that it is one of my fvorites, but does not exist.

5. Darkblade88 Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've had this username for the past five years I think. The dark part comes no were in particular, Blade is one of my favourite marvel characters and 88 is the last two digits of my birth year

6. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    This name came from when I was having a Claymore obsession. I was writing Fan-Fiction for it and came across a name 'Kaede' which means 'maple' in Japanese and I thought it was cool to give my Claymore character this name. Kiriei was just an add on to make it sound like a full name.

7. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    So meany interesting story's, Just love hearing them all

8. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I started using my username CPT_K3nny back in late 1997 I was playing Quake Team Fortress. I was only 12 years old at the time and I tended to die a lot on Quake TF due to my shitty 28k modem connection and probly lack of maturity :) .... I was also huge on this new show that started playing a comedy called South Park..... In it there was a character that always ended up getting killed called Kenny So i was like hmm how Ironic..... So I went to try and call myself Kenny but that name was already in use and also at the time I quite enjoy changing my E to 3 so I said well if I cannot be Kenny LET ME BE CPT_K3nny and a legend was born :) hard to believe that was almost 20 years ago...... time goes by fast....

Its also Ironic that my name is not really K3nny lol or I guess I am a captain for my hockey team but that's as far as captaincy goes for me I was never in the army or anyhting so yea :) there you have it I AM A FRAUD!!! :p ;)

9. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Haha! very interesting.

10. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    Yes the stories of the Humans is an interesting one

11. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Haha! I had a child hood name that I adored. I was going to use it but anyone who wanted to find mii (A.K.A Friends.) Would know exactly where to find mii. It didn't turn out that way because they figured mii out anyway. Haha! Oh well.

12. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Kenny: the most iconic character of south park. Him, and fatso.

13. Paladine321 Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I hate talking about religion, because what you believe in is your choice and I do not like to force my ideas upon others. Having said that I will tell you why I took Paladine321 as a user name. IT was chosen about 8 years ago, shortly after my divorce. I was kind of in a bad place mentally and emotionally, so I went on a sort of search for God. I was raised Baptist/Church of Christ, but somehow that never really clicked well with me, so I studied the Torah, Koran, Buddhism, Hinduism, Wicca, among others. In my life, I have been baptized by a Baptist preacher, consecrated by the Greek Orthodox Church, anointed by a Wiccan High Priestess, and let me tell you, you have never lived until you have talked about Buddhism with two monks named ToQuin and Chokan You just can't make comedy gold like that up. Finally after all that, I found that if you want to know which religion is right, they all are. They are also all wrong. The truth lies in the middle somewhere, as does not only God, but yourself. You could say I chose that name because I made an oath to God that I will always serve Him, and my life is His to do with as He sees fit, as insane as that may sound to some of you.

14. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Nope. Not insane here.
    I grew up going to church. It was of the Pentecostal/Apostolic denomination. Not sure if you have attended one of those, but they are not what you expect. Ended up going to another church when circumstances changed in the original church I went to.
    The church's standards were rather strict, which I eventually broke away from. Used to be that watching TV or Movies was wrong. Do not listen to music that is not christian. Wearing shorts and short sleeved shirts in public was wrong. No sex before marriage. Hell, no physical contact between men and women unless necessary. Etc.
    Those were notable standards I could remember, and I now disregard some of them.

Anyway, I prefer believing in something rather than believe that there is nothing. Only death will tell if something comes after.

15. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    People who think that is insane are people who do not understand the journey of life and it's challenges. If it has meaning to you then that's all that counts in my eyes.

16. dadygoble Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I deployed to Kuwait wile my wife was pregnant with my doughter, I needed a new email so I could set up a new skype account. I had forgotten my old Skype info and my old email info because I used a government email. I was a soon to be dad and used that as part of the email address but the email daddygoble@gmail was taken so I shortened it to dadygoble@gmail instead and I've used dadygoble as my user/screen name every since. Funny story, on the way back from Kuwait we flew back on my units c-130s just before Christmas (we got home 23 Dec) and stopped in 3 countries in 3 days. First was Greece were we stayed for 15hrs then it was Scotland for 12hrs and finally Newfoundland Canada for 12. Wile I. Scotland my wife found out the sex of our child and called me wile I was In A bar and told me, I then climbed up on the table we were at and shouted to the entire bar ITS A GIRL! the entire air crew that I was flying with all bought me around and then the rest of the bar followed suit. Needless to say it was a fun night.

17. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Hahaha you have a good time with the Newfie's did ya boy? were you able to make them out? Did you end up going to South Dildo while there ? aww the Newfie's from newfoundland usually very friendly people :)

18. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Sound like some rapid sightseeing.
    I wonder how I would react when I have my own child some day.

*shakes head upon reading*
    What the...
    [​IMG]
    The things you say...

19. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    What It really is a place in Newfoundland, Canada

Dildo is an unincorporated place on the island of Newfoundland, in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. It is located on the southeastern Dildo Arm of Trinity Bay about 60 kilometres west of St. John's.South Dildo is a neighbouring unincorporated community. The town's unusual name has brought it a certain amount of notoriety.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dildo,_Newfoundland_and_Labrador

Sorry for knowing my geography :p and it is close to St. John's this situation is not that far out to believe it might of happened! ;) :p

20. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    The thing that bothered me most of all was knowing that it had to be true when you first mentioned it. Someone must have been drunk at the naming ceremony.
    The name stirs up dirty ideas, and reading a certain part of the article did not help keep my thought clean. I'm working on clearing up my mind...
    And to know someone named a town F*cking, Austria...
    Of course, I know definitions vary from place to place.