Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

How Did You Get Your Username?

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Sporadic, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Simply used a username that I use everywhere else. How did I come up with? It's a nickname thought of my real life friends. Not really a nickname, more like a shorter version of my name.

2. Silvermoss Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Simply used a username that I use everywhere else. How did I come up with? It’s a nickname thought of my real life friends. Not really a nickname, more like a shorter version of my name.
    It looks really cool. ^^

3. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Oh? Thank you :)

4. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I gave a generic answer the first time around, but I feel like telling a story if you guys are up for an adventure:

To hit the highlights, I started this name-game early in life. Being a creative mind as early as six years of age, I invented a name to personify my personality. Seeing as I was a little hellion growing up, with an explosive temper, I gave myself the nickname "Flare" to input into all of my games (seeing as most available in the early 21st century only had space for 5 characters). It was pretty accurate for a while, and a very simple name, but as I got older I began to resent that name.

At still a very early age (around nine or ten) I saw myself as menace to society and needing a change. I thought I could use a full-scale 360 in attitude, but it wouldn't be easy. So instead, I decided to take on a new persona, a more artificial one. It would have to be something opposite, so being as childish as I was, thought "Blue" should be the highlight. But being named after a color didn't appeal to me much, and it sounded too depressing. So I needed an uplift; a more constructive use of my "passion".

I looked through different shades of blue, but none of them fit. So I took a shade from red and made my own. "Royal Blue" to give a more regal output for my narcissism instead of the rage-filled dominance I had been showing. And I was happy I could turn it into a normal sounding name: "Roy Al Blue" or "Roy Allen Blue". And thus the nickname was created, but it didn't stop there.

To be perfectly honest, my name got out when I started playing online games with local people. It fit my new personality so well that was called "Roy" even off the computer. I became the "Crown Prince" of my school and the name "Roy" just seemed to stick, so I accepted the name with pride. Since I like to keep the last name as a reminder, I still go by "Roy Blue". And thus, your Crown Prince Roy Allen Blue came to be.

5. Silvermoss Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh? Thank you [​IMG]
    Are you sure there is no special meaning to it?

6. Silvermoss Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I gave a generic answer the first time around, but I feel like telling a story if you guys are up for an adventure: To hit the highlights, I started this name-game early in life. Being a creative mind as early as six years of age, I invented a name to personify my personality. Seeing as I was a little hellion growing up, with an explosive temper, I gave myself the nickname “Flare” to input into all of my games (seeing as most available in the early 21st century only had space for 5 characters). It was pretty accurate for a while, and a very simple name, but as I got older I began to resent that name. At still a very early age (around nine or ten) I saw myself as menace to society and needing a change. I thought I could use a full-scale 360 in attitude, but it wouldn’t be easy. So instead, I decided to take on a new persona, a more artificial one. It would have to be something opposite, so being as childish as I was, thought “Blue” should be the highlight. But being named after a color didn’t appeal to me much, and it sounded too depressing. So I needed an uplift; a more constructive use of my “passion”. I looked through different shades of blue, but none of them fit. So I took a shade from red and made my own. “Royal Blue” to give a more regal output for my narcissism instead of the rage-filled dominance I had been showing. And I was happy I could turn it into a normal sounding name: “Roy Al Blue” or “Roy Allen Blue”. And thus the nickname was created, but it didn’t stop there. To be perfectly honest, my name got out when I started playing online games with local people. It fit my new personality so well that was called “Roy” even off the computer. I became the “Crown Prince” of my school and the name “Roy” just seemed to stick, so I accepted the name with pride. Since I like to keep the last name as a reminder, I still go by “Roy Blue”. And thus, your Crown Prince Roy Allen Blue came to be.
    Wow.. that's amazing. My story is not as impressive, but  I like how you decided to keep "Blue" as a reminder. :)

7. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Ovyda wrote:
    Oh? Thank you [​IMG]

Not sure if you are being serious...but oh well.

Nope. There is no special meaning at all.
    That's simply how some names in my country are being shorten.

For example my full name is Ovidijus and it's shorter version are Ovis and Ovyda (but English people use this version Ovy/Ovie). The other similar names in my country would be Eligijus and shorter version - Elis and Elyga ; Egidijus as Egis or Egyda.
    It probably doesn't say much to you because it's something that you should hear it. My language pronounces some letters differently from English so it creates a different sound.

I preferred myself Ovyda version because it sounded cooler. And that's all there is to it.

Btw, Supernatural Knight and Batosai have heard me speaking when I did accent challenge for other forum. The video is on youtube so I could show it you if interested. Why do I say that? Because I pronounce my full name and username there at the beginning.

8. Silvermoss Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Silver wrote:

Ovyda wrote:
    Oh? Thank you [​IMG]
    Not sure if you are being serious…but oh well. Nope. There is no special meaning at all.
    That’s simply how some names in my country are being shorten. For example my full name is Ovidijus and it’s shorter version are Ovis and Ovyda (but English people use this version Ovy/Ovie). The other similar names in my country would be Eligijus and shorter version – Elis and Elyga ; Egidijus as Egis or Egyda.
    It probably doesn’t say much to you because it’s something that you should hear it. My language pronounces some letters differently from English so it creates a different sound. I preferred myself Ovyda version because it sounded cooler. And that’s all there is to it. Btw, Supernatural Knight and Batosai have heard me speaking when I did accent challenge for other forum. The video is on youtube so I could show it you if interested. Why do I say that? Because I pronounce my full name and username there at the beginning.
    Um... if I wasn't, would I have asked? O_O

Aww, shame. I think it can pass off as an Elven name though. x)

Wow, those names look pretty cool too. o.o Sorry.. I'm really interested in names. I sometimes would google them. ^^;

Yeah, you're right. I probably won't be able to say it until after a month of practice though.. >_<

It does sound cooler! Better than the other short version for sure. oh, if you do not mind, I would love to hear it! :)

9. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate your kind words ^^ The link will be sent via PM when I find it since I used different youtube account to post it.

10. Silvermoss Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate your kind words ^^ The link will be sent via PM when I find it since I used different youtube account to post it.
    Okay! Thanks. :)

11. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Wow.. that’s amazing. My story is not as impressive, but I like how you decided to keep “Blue” as a reminder. :)

I'm pretty sure I'm still King of Long-winded Stories (unless someone took my seat while I was away), but I always appreciate people willing to read them. Names where always important to me, so I take careful consideration for my choices. I just had a script ready to type, so I did. It was convenient to copy and paste that story to a couple friends that were wondering, though.

I tend to just tell people, "It's just a name I made up as a kid and I used it as my name online. A friend started calling me that and it just sort of stuck," or at least something like that. The full story is kind of embarrassing, and I always think people wouldn't believe the real reason anyways. So consider yourself among the privileged few to know the truth behind the "Blue".

12. Silvermoss Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Silver wrote:
    Wow.. that’s amazing. My story is not as impressive, but I like how you decided to keep “Blue” as a reminder. :)
    I’m pretty sure I’m still King of Long-winded Stories (unless someone took my seat while I was away), but I always appreciate people willing to read them. Names where always important to me, so I take careful consideration for my choices. I just had a script ready to type, so I did. It was convenient to copy and paste that story to a couple friends that were wondering, though. I tend to just tell people, “It’s just a name I made up as a kid and I used it as my name online. A friend started calling me that and it just sort of stuck,” or at least something like that. The full story is kind of embarrassing, and I always think people wouldn’t believe the real reason anyways. So consider yourself among the privileged few to know the truth behind the “Blue”.
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing! ^_^

Also, I too, take careful consideration for my name choices. Except they're for my characters instead, hehe. ^^;

13. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Silver wrote:

I’m pretty sure I’m still King of Long-winded Stories (unless someone took my seat while I was away), but I always appreciate people willing to read them. Names where always important to me, so I take careful consideration for my choices. I just had a script ready to type, so I did. It was convenient to copy and paste that story to a couple friends that were wondering, though.

Natsuru definitely holds the record for longest walls of text.

14. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    well i did say that i will post when im ready..

so here it goes

well its actually what me and my friends call each other the name noobs after THAT game .

one day, one of my friends invited the me and my other friends to play DOTA (Defense of the Ancients - a Warcraft III map game) in some computer shop just for fun (so he said). so we agreed to play. so we went computer store then went to the computers that are assigned to us by the computer attendant. good thing we are seated right next to each other. then we played.

then the one that invited us came up with a brilliant idea. he said to go fight with those other team who happened to play the game too. and i tell you it was a day not worth remembering. so the game started and each team agreed that the losing team will pay the winning team. and to make things alot better, we are all broke. we only have enough to pay for ourselves.

then the fun begun. the game play was a mess. well, we were all over the place. no game plan. no teamwork. lots of blaming and trash talking and in the end, well we lost, payed the game (in debt to the winning team now payed).

the next day, the group except the one that invited us gathered and talked about the game. when he (the one that invited us) arrived, a friend of mine shouted at him "NOOBS!" and he smiled and he called us Noobs back. then, whenever we see one of the group, we call him noobs and say noobs back.

15. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I've got three stories for my usernames so here we go

I had gotten Aizengard asa pun on the words Aizen (the villain from Bleach) and Isengard (from the Lord of the Rings). I was trying to get a friend of mine to watch Bleach and we telling him about it and when I told him about Aizen he laughed and asked me "where are they taking the Hobbits." I hated the name at first but I started needing a username so I used that.

As for my current username Heizengard, well I had just started watching Breaking Bad and was a huge fan of it since episode 1. So I must have been either drunk or high cus my brain told me "hey, Heizengard sounds like Aizengard! Hehehehe." And that's how I got Heizengard (which I like best BTW).

As for my Skype name, Heizengard (AKA Helix Gradient) someone on there (Mitchell Carter, the same guy from Sporadic's story) was trying to type in Heizengard and his phone autocorrected it to Helix Gradient. I laughed about it and changed it to Helix Gradient and asked him if this was better. Ben told me it should stay like that so it stuck.

16. shifter101 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    well i got my username ages ago , too long ago for me to remember "how long back?"
    I received it when everything else had failed (the "this name has already been taken" error had appeared over 9000 times )
    i typed in shifter and thought why not , it sounds cool, and then faster then you could say "kamehamaha" ,
    the error sign popped up once again only to my dismal :(
    [bold]THIS NAME HAS ALREADY BEEN TAKEN!!![/bold]
    but i wouldn't give up , shifter must live , and so a few numbers descended from the heavens
    and at that moment [bold]shifter101[/bold] was born
    This Arctic character that ate fish raw and wore only the most fashionable clothes , making pizzas , riding the waves at the cove
    yes, if u hadn't already guessed (which u probably haven't) the famous name [bold]SHIFTER101[/bold] was first heard in the legendary game CB (club penguin)
    from then on I used the name everywhere i went (almost every game i played, if the name wasn't already taken xD )

17. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My name doesn't really have a long story but, i've always been random and off the wall around my friends. We would be hanging out and im suddenly like "Hey lets go do *insert crazy idea here*!" they would look at me like im insane but go along with my crazy randomness. As for the ginger part, i have been one of the 3 or 4 gingers we had in school. If some body needed me and didn't know my name they would say "Hey ginger!" or "Red can you come here?". So being a ginger became apart of my persona rather than a genetic trait, with that ThatRandomGinger pretty much summed up who i am and sounded alright

18. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I love reading about how everyone acquired their name. Really gives a backstory to each person here.

19. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    dedseed is the name of the metal band I'm in. No fancy back story.

kitten-killer-thread_zpsc418cf7e.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    It was a necessary sacrifice. I'll be sure to give them a proper farewell.