Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Vashnik, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This PS4 Exclusive (so far) game was just released February 28th. So who already has their copy? Who's playing it?

I just got mine yesterday, but I didn't want to start playing it until I finished watching Sekirei (season 1 and 2 and was already 4 episodes away from finishing the series, so far), but once I finished Sekirei, I popped the disc in (I bought the retail) to let it install the data and it already had a patch. Once it was all done, I started up the game, selected the text language and voice language, then watched the opening cinematic and I liked what I saw so far. I didn't even start a "new game." It all led up to the main menu and a quite beautifully done transition from cinematic to main menu without loading screens or anything.

For those who haven't seen or heard of Horizon: Zero Dawn, feast your eyes on these videos:

What are your thoughts so far?

2. bewbdestroya I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    About 10 hours in to the game and I can say this is the best game I have played this generation. Extremely well done. The play mechanics are quite good and intuitive. Deep story driven gameplay, many quests to do, graphics are top-notch and so on. Simple upgrade and crafting system is just enough to it be hindering. Loving this game so far. I can see easily see getting 40-60 hours of this. Beautiful 40-60 hours.

3. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I finally got around to just sitting down and playing Horizon: Zero Dawn and I have to say. This is what Assassin's Creed 3 should have been. The handling is so much better than Assassin's Creed 3. The crafting is basic, but also a bit more complicated than Assassin's Creed 3.

Loading new information is so much better in Horizon: Zero Dawn and fluidity between cinematic and gameplay is fantastic. There have been a couple of clipping issues, such as one NPC rubbing his head, his fingers actually clipped through his head. lol

Also, this the kind of mechanic that Bethesda should have done for Fallout 4. But we all know Bethesda is far too lazy to actually make a game that nicely done. I saw so much potential on how Fallout 4 could have turned out beautifully in Horizon: Zero Dawn. Guerrilla Games definitely did a job well done.

Ubisoft and Bethesda both need to take lessons from Guerrilla Games the next time they want a crafting mechanic or a post-apocalyptic theme.

4. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bump.

I think I found an Easter egg or a clue to the story in Horizon: Zero Dawn. I just found an ancient artifact (coffee mug) that has the Helghast glowing eyes on it. Makes me want to progress further in the story to see if this has anything to do with the ISA and Helghast or if it's nothing more than just an Easter egg because the game was developed by Guerrilla Games.

@sayWut, since I know you're playing this as well from your post in the "What Games Are You Currently Playing?" thread.